Hondo's Bar

Disney Infinity Figures

• 1 month later...

I'm on the hunt for Tron figures - and now w/ all this Star Wars buzz, I'm considering getting Rebels figs. (Thank god this is all dirt cheap now)

Speaking of - a 'Rogue One' playset was in the works...damn. A K2 fig would've been sweet - even sweeter to run around as...

Yeah, Infinity K2 & Chirrut would've been epic.

I'm kinda bummed most about the Rebels figures for Infinity. I bought these last year thinking this would be a great way to display the whole team once they released Chopper and Herra. But we all know how that's gonna turn out. ;_;

IMG_9581.jpg

Yeah - Sabine's helmet off...eh. Boba satisfies that 'Mandalorian...jet pack/blaster' action for me. I would've loved to run around as a green Twilek w/ a blaster - Herra looks cool: the goggles, I like the designs she's got on her lekku, too. Would've looked cool in combat and running / jumpin' around. Zeb has a really unique design - I'm sure his running / walking animations are gonna be kew...he's got that backward-chicken leg-thing goin' on. I think he can climb walls, too - a'la Spidey.

Ezra n' Kanan - they both play the same - human w/ lightsaber, but I'm just not that big a fan of the blaster-sabre.

'A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense...never for attack.'

'Oh! You installed a blaster? (wacks padawn on head w/ stick) Wudoya think this is a cartoon show?! Start over.'

LOL - Kanan's got legit ties to the Clone Wars - he's seen shit. I rather play as the 'survivor Jedi'. Only other playable Jedi characters in Infinity are Ashoka, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda n' Luke. I think Kanan would fit sitting next to them on my shelf - repping Rebels. Ezra's style (in Season 1) was just too new-school for me to get jiggy w/.

012115_StarWarsRebels_BlasterLightsaber1.jpg

web_full_RebelsHero.jpg

giphy.gif

I don't know, I kinda like the Ezra/Kanan dynamic. Kanan's guilt for running away during Order 66 and his road to redemption through training Ezra? It's old school meets new. And Ezra camouflaging his lightsaber as a blaster? Brilliant! Some Jedi Masters would hate it, but Clone War era Anakin would love it.

Blaster saber grew on me as did the Ezra/Kanan relationship. It's definitely a unique master/apprentice dynamic in the SWU--a lot more complicated and unconventional than Jinn/Kenobi, Kenobi/Skywalker, & Skywalker/Tanno. Kanan/Ezra is somewhere between those more traditional Jedi master/apprentice relationships we saw in the prequels & Clone Wars cartoons and what we see Luke have with Kenobi and Yoda.

But back to the actual figures. Seeing them posed like that together in that pic reminds me of a big gripe I had--those bases do not interconnect! Grr. Seems like a no brainer and missed opportunity by the designers. Especially since you're only going to be using two figures on a base at a time during game play. Might as well make the others look as cool as possible while on display.

As for Sabine not having her Mandalorian helmet--yeah, that's a bummer for sure. But I dig the graffitied trooper helmet so much, and it's so spot on w/ her character--especially in S1--that I don't miss the Mandalorian helmet. I believe that is the phoenix squadron logo she emblazoned on that helmet and not the symbol for the Rebel Alliance, which looks similar to the symbol for the Jedi Order, too.

giphy.gif

I really wanted sum subtle uniformity, too w/ the fig bases - like, when you have a complete set bunched together...get a nice little diorama-thing goin' but, I'm constantly reshuffling my set up - you'd have to commit in shelf lay-out / space to have that Infinity fig payoff. At least the bases are uniquely themed / sculpted...not just colored different like Amiibos.

I'm gonna post a pic of my final Infinity shelf - once I've officially declared 'out'. It's drastically changed since I last posted my set up - they have a dedicated shelf now.

I just keep my Power Discs in a little box - I haven't figured how else to store 'em. I've coincidentally been lookin' at gettin' the last of my 'must-own' vehicles / mounts n' themes - which really ain't many, I have a pretty solid collection - but I'm more afraid of those things becoming 'rare'...the ones I'm missing, than the last figs I want. Most are from the 'blind-pack' phase.

I'm not shooting for a 'complete collection' - just the stuff I know I'd enjoy n' have fun w/.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Loaded up for sum co-op Infinity today...

tumblr_oyqcks7KTb1vndct2o1_540.jpg

LOL - right off the bat...

tumblr_oyqclxuxf91vndct2o1_540.jpg

Can't even access the 'El Capitan Theater' for building tips n' tutorials...

tumblr_oyqcna61nA1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Needless to say, 'Flynn's Arcade' is also inaccessible...

The finality of it has oddly given me a super 'want' to get the last of the power discs n' figs I've wanted...

I've read 'Lego Dimensions' has also been officially cancelled - like, a week or two ago.  'Toys-to-Life' came and went.  Revisiting Infinity, it could've been so much more...too bad it didn't keep going.  Mega-potential - just...thpppt.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Disney Infinity is gonna live - in an altered form: straight up Action Figures.

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2017/10/27/new-disney-store-toybox-action-figures/

disney-using-canceled-disney-infinity-ar

This dude (of course) has all the info...

Eh - so far, it just looks like straight-up articulated versions of previously released Infinity figs.  Okay - but, I'm kew w/ I've already bought.  Interested in seeing what the future holds, tho - w/ IPs they haven't tapped yet.

Think I'd prefer a run of the actual 'Toy Box characters' you can unlock and place in your worlds / creations.  I think they'd be low-cost...and there are sooo many and sooo simple in design and articulation.  Them being kinda small could make 'em cheap and totally collectible.

They look like lil' freakin' toys more than the actual figs did in-game!

josh-black-1462538-1182610295084620-6773