Hondo's Bar

Disney Infinity Figures

Here's my Infinity shelf:

tumblr_o3stbcGsbV1vndct2o1_1280.jpg

And all my Power Discs - essentially exclusive skies, terrain, weapons, vehicles n' costumes.

tumblr_o3stk0D7yI1vndct2o1_1280.jpg

I've been on Infinity since launch day of 1.0 - gonna splurge on TFA stuff whenever Boba Fett gets his single-pack release. I'm sure there's gonna be some sort of Star Wars sale when he...(grits teeth) eventually becomes available.

Sorry if the pics don't show or are all jacked up: this is my first attempt at uploading pix.

• 2 weeks later...

I...have...BOBAAA!!!

tumblr_o4ddr3koH61vndct2o1_540.jpg

Ugh - Walmart n' Best Buy were both totally sold out of the Force Awakens playset, every single TFA fig and Marvel Battlegrounds. I totally had my heart set on Kylo Ren and running around TFA w/ Boba Fett...but Best Buy did have a crazy sale going on:

$5 for Power Disc Sets, $10 for the Expansion Games and pretty much every figure (that was in stock) was on sale.

LOL - I actually play the game, so I got the power discs and Speedway. I already have Takeover - plus, Speedway has the missing assets I need to finish building a movie-accurate Halloween Town. The OT disc set have the only alt. Star Wars skins I want (Rebel pilot Luke n' bounty hunter Leia) - plus, it's got Slave 1. Ultron was $5 - Boba was full price (only 2 left!). All together spent $30 - after a $5 coupon - not too bad.

Gotta hold on to some dough for my next gets: Vision, Ant-Man, Baloo, TFA Playset, TFA figs n' Marvel Battlegrounds...still got sum hunting to be did. At least they're available! (Freakin' Boba) Kylo Ren, though...

i_will_find_him_man_of_steel.gif

tumblr_o4db2b1ZaJ1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Here, check it: I take a scalpel to the bubble and carve it out of the board - leaving the attached plastic ring flush w/ the board. tumblr_o4db4mNbed1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Leaves a totally nice-looking board.

tumblr_o4dbldu9Fp1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Yeah, I saw Sam Flynn and Quorra going for $5 at Best Buy yesterday, but they were sold out.

Both Toys R Us in my area are completely sold out of Vision, Ant-Man, Kylo n' Baloo - and TFA playset. Dirty. All their toys-to-life stuff is essentially half-price (buy 1, get one for $1) - apparently a big Easter blow-out is going on.

Man, I wish we had this game on the same system - I'd like to see what kind of worlds you build...and kick your ass all over it w/ Ultron and a Flamingo Golf Club. LOL - whoever his voice-actor is, he sounds just like Robert California - LOL - it's great!

I already unlocked all the Halloween Town assets in Speedway - I used Boba Fett and Darkwing's Ratcatcher. They look so damn good together...it blasts Darkwing's theme in-between tracks: '...Swoops out of the shadows...'

Still fine-tuning my movie-accurate Halloween Town. Paused the bluray scene-by-scene while matching on the gamepad and getting the feel of the layout - now I'm getting hardcore n' googling dioramas. Infinity surprisingly gives you everything you need for this one. I'm going to infect it w/ a massive enemy hoard mash-up.

The-Nightmare-Before-Christmas-ScreenShot-06.jpg

tumblr_o4hpxchXXU1vndct2o1_540.jpg

f87259be31e78bc4edbb27c6398d077e.jpg

tumblr_o4hpvr8HlV1vndct2o1_540.jpg

My Magic Kingdom Main Street came out...pretty much 98% accurate, a couple of missing distinct building fronts at the tail-end (reaching Walt's statue) - but it totally works.

EDIT: Put in even better ref shots of the town - in case anyone plans on recreating it.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

tumblr_o4phmmSCB11vndct2o1_540.jpg

Toys R Us had it! They apparently restocked - 'cuz they had about 8 of 'em. There were sales still going on w/ some of their toys-to-life stuff - but not Infinity. Everything back at full-price. You'd think their Easter Sales would run through...to Easter!

Every figure I want was in stock - but I really hate paying full-price for figures (I patiently wait for dem sales) - but they were playing sum music over the loud-speakers w/ a tuba and it just...got to me. LOL - I had to get this guy.

tumblr_o4phnunCnS1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Gonna work the Infinity version of TFA till the 'In-House' version drops. (Keeps eyes peeled for upcoming sales)

Pouring through the Toy Store - I noticed some extra character portraits (which you can only unlock by playing as that figure). Tim Burton's Alice and Mad Hatter and Time from Through the Looking Glass.

alice.jpg

I looked online to see if anyone else noticed - oh, people noticed. There was a massive update this month w/ the release of Battlegrounds. The Hall of Heroes got an expansion, too ('bout 13 new TBA-figure slots) - still researching all that's new. This would be the 3rd Johnny Depp figure - after Capt. Sparrow and Tonto. (shrugs) I'd get the Hatter n' Alice.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2016/03/10/first-look-finding-dory-play-set-figure-confirmed-disney-infinity-3-0/

disney_infinity_3_0_finding_dory_by_xelku9-d9uqrg9.jpg

Finding Dory Playset and Figure are on their way. Leaked images at the link - pulled from the back of a Kraft Mac n' Cheese Box.

Don't know how in the hell they're gonna have underwater characters work on land - but I'm totally intrigued. If they work in the Little Mermaid as an Infinity figure - oh, hell yeah.

ariel_is_a_jedi_master_by_sadako_yamamura.jpg

• 1 month later...
Disney has announced the immediate end of its long-running Disney Infinity toy/game franchise, as well as the closure of its own console game business. This comes just two months after Disney announced there would not be a new itteration of the game this year, following three years of annual releases.

"By now you may have heard the news that we have made the difficult decision to discontinue production of Disney Infinity," said John Blackburn, Disney's Senior VP and General Manager of the franchise. "From the beginning, Disney Infinity was built for you—our fans—and I wanted to take a moment to thank you not just for your support over the years, but for creating a community that made Disney Infinity more than just a game."

The final releases from Disney Infinity will be figures from Alice Through the Looking Glass and Finding Dory in June.

... gonna need a minute, guys...