Hondo's Bar

Disney Infinity Figures

In 1.0, if you got every figure - you get 'the Ultimate Unlock': you unlock a green lightsaber that can be used by any character. In 2.0, if you got every figure - you unlocked Luke's landspeeder. In 3.0, if you get every figure - you unlock Sora's Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts.

If we don't get Kingdom Hearts figures in 3.0, I expect 'em in 4.0. Personally, I want a Disney Afternoon run, but I can't think of a Disney franchise they could theme 4.0 with and it be mass-market enough to keep those figures flying off the shelves.

Disney Classics, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars - those are their top dogs.

Good god, IGN gave the game an 8.9!

Yeah, game comes out Monday. I'll be looking for the best Pre-Order deals in town this weekend. Starter Pack is only 65 bucks. 2 figures, 1 playset, the actual game (the toybox) and a base. Lighter in content than the other Starter Packs, but that's probably why it's cheaper.

Again, the game really is only as good as your imagination - it ain't GTA or COD. Great if you're into creating stuff and have a soft spot for Disney. Plus, those figures don't just look good...(whispers) they're alive. blink.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-07-at-12.12.34-1024x553.png

Infinity-1000x523.jpg

UPDATE: Check this out - 28 minutes of hype and fluff. The D23 presentation. Pretty cool.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly
  • Upvote 1

"Who?"

"Star-Lord, man..."

LOL He looks awesome, right?! Love that figure. That is a great sculpt. I got him placed right next to Donald - look like they ready to kick sum ass.

Here's another review - much, much more informative and to the point.

I got my Pre-Order locked at my local Best Buy. I get the Starter Pack (and my 3rd freaking base) for 65 beans - and I get the Toy Box Takeover Expansion ($20 value) for free. Bonus: It'll be available for pick-up on Sunday. A day early!

inkt.gif

Well, I got the Starter Pack that came w/ Anakin and Ahsoka and I also ended up getting a Yoda figure.

The game is good - feels polished as hell. The whole...thing has been refined and perfected, especially combat. Definitely quality product. A ridiculously insane amount of 'toys' in-game to mess with, including all the assets needed to make a pretty damn accurate Main Street from Disney World - which is what I'm currently hooked on researching and building now. It's gonna be the entrance to my mash-up world. Also the Haunted Mansion got some love in regard to the Interiors, finally - but no Grim Grinning Ghosts tune. weep.gif Awwww...

If you go to Disney and get a Magic Band, you can place it on the base and get a special unlock. The first one was some D23 Dragon, 2.0 got you the Small World ride and this year gives you the classic Walt and Mickey statue that's at the center of the park. I last went to Disney in 2013 and still got my Magic Band. I wanted to see if it still worked and what would happen - so I put it on the base, not only did it give me the statue, but the past games' bonus unlocks, too. Nice to know: the Magic Band doesn't have to be of the current year.

Only problem I had was the 4-player online mini-game matchmaking at Flynn's Arcade - every attempt to join a game would result in an error or no one would join my lobby. I read online that the majority of people were experiencing problems, too. Reminded me of that GTA V online launch - I'll just wait till it's fixed.

Just an amazing plethora of iconic Disney, Marvel and Star Wars assets. It's surreal sometimes seeing that it's all there - in one game. The whole thing just feels like a complete package. Highly recommended if you're into building stuff and sandbox games.

ToyBox_MagicBand_WaltStatue-X2.jpg

They made Darth Vader and Darth Maul figures - but there was no mention of Dooku or Palpatine in the Twilight of the Republic playset. I bet after the Force Awakens has hit theaters, there's gonna be a Kylo Ren figure. Dooku would be nice.

I can't wait for the Classic Trilogy figures.

Dude, you wanna see something ol' skoo? Youtube the launch of the Phantom Menace action figures. The hysteria and hype - people clammering over each other to get to the shelves. People running with arms full of merch. I don't think it'll be like that this time around. LOL Be funny if they had wounded 'vets' hanging near the shelves..."Son, I remember the first 'return' of Star Wars..."

Yeah, the Classic Trilogy figures are coming out at the end of the month - freaking dying to get Solo and Fett.

I saw some crazy toys on youtube that were unveiled during that Global Unboxing Event, like this one:

A flying Millennium Falcon foam drone! What?! Nuts - you got to see this 3 min vid. STUNNING. My jaw dropped. Lucky ass kids today.

Star Wars Saga on Blu! Nice - that and the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Trilogy are nice sets. Not just nice looking packages, but loaded w/ great features.

Classic Trilogy figures - available September 30th.

disney-infinity-star-wars-boba-fett5.jpgdi3sw03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Classic Trilogy figures coming out Sept. 29th -Tuesday, along w/ the Rise Against the Empire playset - which comes w/ Luke n' Leia figures.

disney_infinity_3_rise_against_the_empire_play_set.JPG

Totally gettin' it. Want dem OT assets!

RATE_PlaySet_Cantina.jpg

I really want Han and Boba. In doing my research, I discovered 'a terrible truth': the Boba Fett figure has a release date of TBA 2016! WTF! The only way to get him is in that damn special PS4 bundle. It's looking like he'll be sold as a lone figure when the Force Awakens playset is ready.

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Lookin' like I'll hafta settle w/ Han n' Chewie.

Here's a fucked up story: so last week I went to Walmart to get some pizza bites (I was making a puzzle with some lovely ladies and they wanted something to snack on). So, I head over to the electronics section to check out the Infinities (as I always do) and to my surprise... Han, Chewey, Luke and Leia are there! I lost my shit! OMG! Which one do I take home?! Omg, omg! After careful consideration, Han made the cut. So I head to the register to pay for everything, so damn happy I'm about to own Han Fucking Solo... and the lady at the register says she can't sell me this item. I was like, sure, pizza bites can go back, no problem. Of course she meant the Infinity. I didn't make a fuss, but I did ask that a manager come over to see if it could be done. No dice :(

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099