Hondo's Bar

Disney Infinity Figures

The same thing happened w/ me and the Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey figure during 1.0. It was a free D23 exclusive and months later, they finally decided to give it a general release - the D23 version had silver stars on his hat, general release got light blue stars...

img_1387.jpg

image_aaa5a0f9.jpeg

I was at Best Buy - and it was supposed to come out on a Friday or something and it was like, a Tuesday when I spotted it on the shelf. I freaked and went through all the figures, checking and then picking the best looking one - calmed the fuck down and went to the register.

There was a line and of course, when it got to me - there was a problem with the item. It baffled the employee and then he called for a manager and asked me and my little Mickey Mouse to 'step aside'. So I'm standing there like an idiot guarding my Mickey Mouse like it was a damn winning lotto ticket - while the rest of the line got rung up as they all stared at the freak and his 'lil toy. LOL

Manager shows up, looks it up on the system and sez this item can't be sold yet. "How did you get this?!" I was like, "It's on the fucking shelf, dude." He was like, "Oh! These are those Disney things..." He could see I was salivating and offered to just ring me up, but the system 'wouldn't allow it'.

I saw an Obi-Wan figure and some Inside Out figures out on Best Buy shelves before 3.0 was officially released. Sometimes they just put shit out without thinking about people's feelings...

00f74ce37f1edd5133ca410f0447ad83.jpg

Heads up - Toys R Us is having a few sales starting t'morrow:

$10 off that insane $115 PS3 / 4 bundle that has both Prequel and OT playsets, Anakin, Ahsoka, the game and the now elusive Boba Fett.

$10 off any standard Starter Pack - which comes w/ a Prequel playset, Anakin, Ahsoka and the game. Brings it down to $55

Purchase any Playset (I'm assuming that includes the Starter Pack 'cuz the only other playset available is the OT) and get either a Power Disc Pack or any figure for $4.99

Purchase at least $90 worth of figures, playsets or discs - get $20 off.

I was hoping for some straight-up figure sales. I've been considering picking up Venom and Captain America, if they were on the cheap. Whateva. Thought I'd pass the info - as I'm getting a playset and a couple of figures. BUT NOT BOBA FETT!

1409453249_1386643465_sm334l_8u7zt20.gif

Got 5 Toys R Us locations in my area. 4 were completely sold out of Han Solo figures by 11am. I eventually got the OT playset and a $5 Solo figure. I'm gonna wait on getting more figures till there's a good sale. I saw Vader and Venom...and I was like, "Patience...Age of Ultron is comin' out Friday. Space these things out." Also, "Get your damn fingers outta my wallet, Disney!!!" LOL

Infinity feels complete for me, now. Got all the Star Wars assets needed to properly escape reality. From what I've been reading - it's looking like they're not planning on a full-on sequel, but a downloadable expansion. '3.5'

They have well over a dozen unannounced figures coming out - once all the figures are released and 3.0 is 'finished' - they are putting out another wave of figures that are not in the game's code right now. Those 'new' figures can't be used in the game as-is, gamers will have to download the 3.0 expansion that will make those figures compatible.

Basically, they can design and make new figures without the constraint of having to wait for another full-blown Infinity sequel. Again, I can't imagine what major franchise 4.0 could be themed with - so this strategy makes sense to me.

Darkwing Duck!

Whoa. That's a damn nice lookin' Infinity figure. It's called 'Captain America: First Avenger'? Should be called 'Captain America: Age of Ultron'.

MBG_Ultron_CaptA-630x354.png

MBG_Hulkbuster_CaptA-630x354.png

I've been itching to play as Cap - but despite it lookin' nice as hell, I'd rather play as him masked and as his WWII alt. skin. I'd totally get that 'Age of Ultron' figure if I could mask him. That outfit be lookin' good.

4104313-marvelteamupwintersoldier-x2.png

maxresdefault.jpg

The playset, Power Discs and all the figures come out December 18 - the same day Force Awakens hits theaters.

Some characters bring in weapons everyone can use. I doubt it, but I kinda hope Kylo Ren's lightsaber can be used by everyone. I'd like to see it paired up w/ unlikely characters.

infinity-force-awakens-playset.jpg

Boba Fett still TBA 2016...still...

EDjOGnq.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah - Darth Maul just came out on Tuesday (Nov 3rd). So did Spot from The Good Dinosaur, Hulkbuster and Ultron.

Sale going on at Best Buy right now till Saturday - buy 2, get $5 off. Not that great a sale for me to grab some more figures - I'm gonna wait closer to Christmas for the killer sales. Got a good idea of what figures I wanna get.

Finished my Main Street replica toy box and I did a nice to-scale Andy's Room from Toy Story 1. Enemy Wave Generators are a sick addition to 3.0 - SO convenient. Puts the ol' Enemy Generators to shame.

I just caught that Boba Fett figure in that set-up, Panch.

E0F3b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TFA_Trailer_12_OverShoulder_PolishedEB-1024x576.jpg

Force Awakens Power Discs revealed: 2 skins, a vehicle and a Special Attack.

Finn gets a Stormtrooper skin and Poe gets a Resistance flight jacket. Looks like the Special Attack is a Death Star-type laser blast and the vehicle is called a Quad Jumper.

INF3_SWFA_PDP_PackShot_v1-598x1024.jpg

Still gotta get me Leia's skin disc and that Slave 1 vehicle disc.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-01-at-12.23.23-PM1.png

The Black Friday sales approach! This guy went to the trouble of scouting ahead and making a list of both announced and leaked upcoming Infinity / toys-to-life sales. I'll post the link - sez he keeps the list updated. Good place to start - of course, confirm info before you head out.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/11/12/your-disney-infinity-3-0-shopping-guide-for-black-friday-2015-always-updating/

• Upvote 1

OH! Infinity put out a massive patch / update:

A crap-load of fixes for toy box online functionality and some pesky issues w/ the Toy Box HUB and Interiors - but the most substantial is that they finally fixed the match-making issues w/ Flynn's Arcade and they added a bunch of Boss Battle options. Before, you could set up a Boss Battle in your toy box - but you could only pick to fight against Vader, Maul and Grievous. Now they expanded your options to include:

Boba Fett, Syndrome, Davy Jones, Barbosa, Hulk, Ronan, Green Goblin and Venom. Niiiice...

tumblr_inline_mp0i697ajU1qz4rgp.gif