Hondo's Bar

Disney Infinity Figures

damn. and amiibos are neat, but they're only nintendo's...in related news, ive been picking up sega gashapon just to have some of their stuff. i still need tyris flare (golden axe) and asha (monster world IV), just got ulala from space channel 5!

Wow. A complete shut-down. That was unexpected. They're quality figs and they could've kept going. I expected this news eventually - all games will eventually lose support. In fact, it was a serious consideration I made when I started investing (I'm a 1.0 - Day One, actual player): what happens when it's cancelled?

As a collector, the figures look great - no regrets. As a gamer, I still have all the versions (1, 2, 3.0) so I can still run around every Playset and the Toy Box ain't going anywhere. The only things I'm bummed about - is that I never found anybody else who actually played the game on Wii U and I never got a Darkwing or Roger Rabbit figure. (Would've settled for a Benny the Cab vehicle disc)

The plus side - the figures are gonna be dirt cheap now...and I'm still going to be playing this game and building for years to come.

I want to light a candle for Infinity, but I'll wait till the very last figure is released. I had a lot of fun w/ this series - it really was a huge fucking game. More than you could possibly ask for if you're into this kinda stuff - Disney, creating and video games.

• 4 weeks later...

That's very much what I'm worried about - the shelves were pretty much cleared of all the figures I wanted at Best Buy about a week ago.

I've totally been keeping my eyes peeled on sales and I'll totally post a shout-out the moment I hear anything about stores no longer carrying. I gotta feeling this is the month to grab the 1.0 - 2.0 ones - as they're the ones I've seen going for $4 - $6...new and on the shelf.

There was a time when I was going for every figure - I wanted that special lightsaber-unlock in 1.0 (you get a lightsaber after you placed down every figure). God, it was such a big deal at the time. Then 2.0 was announced...and a new special-unlock was revealed for that edition - and I had 3 Cars figures and a Rapunzel in my collection staring back at me - laughing. LOL

Damn, 1.0 really was a thing of beauty when it was new - crazy how much it expanded. Crazier how they just shut it down. (shrugs) Ah, well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Infinity shelves @ Best Buy have been pretty much cleared out - I just swung by Toys R US, huge sale goin' on:

All 3.0 figs are 40% off - and all 1.0 n' 2.0 figs are 50% off. I got the Finding Dori playset (I gotta have those underwater assets) for $20 - and Alice, Mad Hatter and standard Mickey for $8 bucks each. I really wanted Nemo - but they're were completely sold out. (Finding Dori playset doesn't come w/ the Nemo figure - totally lame)

Just a heads up - Toys R Us apparently has a lot of Infinity stock they're trying to push out - I'm going for Kylo Ren n' Nemo in the next sale.

• 2 months later...

If I actually had X-Box live I'd play with ya, Nemo.

Disney can go suck a harry, crab ridden dick on this whole Infinity shutdown. How was this not profitable for them? Server space wasn't covered by the crazy mark-up on the figures? Eh, I guess that profit was really to the retailers though. This time last year people were looking at Black Friday "sales" of $9-11, now they're less than $5 at Walmart. I saw Toys-R-Us is still charging $15 a pop but it's a "buy 1 get 2 free" deal. I saw some at a Target for $9.98 yesterday, but I wonder if this particular store just didn't do a markdown to $5 yet.

I'm still looking for one figure though on the pegs, and that's the rabbit from Zootopia. I got the fox, but I've never seen Hopps. If anyone sees her for $5 or less in your neck of the woods, snag her up and I'll gladly buy her from ya.

And I'm torn on this Marvel Battlegrounds w/ unmasked Cap. Great figure, but is it even worth the $12 since no more online content? Also, sidenote--how pissed are those people that paid $30 for this right out the gate only to have it go for almost a third of the price not even a few months later.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

LOL! If you had an XBOX - we still wouldn't be able to romp around together in each other's creations...I play Infinity on my Wii U! tears.gif

That's the one aspect I really regret I never got the chance to delve into - I don't have any creative buds who are into Disney Infinity. Would've liked to share and check out original creations - show off new figures / power discs...mash-up madness. Kinda pisses me off they're seriously just pulling the plug - like, guaranteeing it'll never happen for me now. LOL! (shrugs) Ah, well - I'm kinda used to missing out on the multiplayer / playing-online-w/ your-buds aspect of gaming.

I was in on the ground-floor w/ this thing...I was a 'Day One' Infiniteer!

1st%20Season%20RC.jpg

Kinda hurts the plug is officially being pulled - but, I can still create and play. (shrugs) Dat ain't going anywhere...neither are the figures. Bittersweet how low the prices are, but I learned early - wait for dem sales. Shit could get expensive quick and w/ 2.0, the annual-sequel-beast reared it's head - LOL! Eventually those prices would drop - dat's when I'd knock figures off my wish-list.

They could've kept going - I think they ended up making some costly choices in regard to figure decisions (the real money makers). They really should've investing into figures that were must-own...they should've had a wave for the older fan base (of which, there was a ton of!) I mean, damn...Roger Rabbit, Gizmo Duck, Darkwing...Goofy...who would not own one? Even if they didn't play the game?!

Yeah, stores are totally clearing out their stock - Toys R Us and Best Buy took down that little set-up, where you place a figure on the base and get that sizzle reel. Walmart pretty much has the best knocked-down prices. I got Kylo Ren for $4.99 the other day...Ant-man was $4.99, too - but I just got Kylo. Still ain't seeing Nemo anywhere. If I see that Zootopia bunny - I'll nab it for ya and totally send you a shout-out.

_4VXpb.gif

moose.gif

YES! That would be most kew. Pretty sure there are 2 versions, one comes packaged w/ 2 Power Discs (terrain and sky) and one that is packaged by himself. I already got the discs - I'm looking for the solo version. I've seen a few Hopps over @ my Toys R Us - dunno when I'll swing by again - but I'll keep my eyes peeled and send you a holla if anything.

Cancelled Agrabah Playset...

toyladdin_by_artsammich-d97ye47.jpg

0194ebc26beaed6a78c051b607921bdc.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally came across the elusive Officer Hopps, which is the last Infinity figure I was looking for and will likely ever buy. That is unless I ever come across that elusive Nemo figure from Finding Dory--I haven't given up on Nemo for Lil' Nemo!)

Sl4WuEK.jpg

I found them both at WallyWorld, but a few months apart. Ended up getting both for less than I paid for one figure less than a year ago. Really hate to see this line and game end. *sigh*

Awesome! I had a crazy haul this week - including the last Infinity fig on my 'want list' - found Nemo @ Toys R Us today...sitting in the Lego Dimensions section! I freakin' did a triple-take!

tumblr_oh6qywFWOD1vndct2o1_540.jpg

I'm about to slap him on the Infinity base and take him for a test run. I think I'm done hunting, too - I gonna give my shelf an overhaul - and post my likely final Infinity damage.

^I was so stoked when I caught those "on sale" on Amazon for less than $10 ea.

Awesome! I had a crazy haul this week - including the last Infinity fig on my 'want list' - found Nemo @ Toys R Us today...sitting in the Lego Dimensions section! I freakin' did a triple-take!...

Yaass!

I'm glad you found him, dude! That guy is rarer than a nun with shaved legs around these parts.

That is unless I ever come across that elusive Nemo figure from Finding Dory--I haven't given up on Nemo for Lil' Nemo!)

I'm glad you found him, dude! That guy is rarer than a nun with shaved legs around these parts.

This nemo?

The toyrus by me has 10 of them. I could grab you one but I just don't know when I'll be able to mail it.