Hondo's Bar

Disney Infinity Figures

I got me a few Grievous figures, I love his design. Sucks he got like, 8 minutes of total screen time in Sith. Infinity Grievous figure would be picked up in a sec.

I got this one when that first Clone Wars cartoon first came out on DVD (midnight launch).

385785947_199a2b7320_b.jpg

And these during Sith's run at the theater: standard figure and the 12-inch.

The-Legacy-Collection-General-Grievous_Big_2.jpg

grievous12inch1.jpg

LOL - I'm sure I'll be shunned for this - (shrugs) but I love Jar Jar's / the Gungan design, too. Despite the fact that I shake my head in utter disappointment whenever Jar Jar opens his damn mouth in Menace, I've always liked the Gungan-creature design. They would've looked awesome in full-on physical warrior-combat...instead of a bunch o' blue-ball chuckin' missed-opportunities.

I'd totally get a Jar Jar Infinity figure just to be able to run around as a Gungan. I've been looking at pickin' up this Jar Jar figure lately.

jarjar4.jpg

"You heard me!"

281.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice figure selects. Darth Maul, Ultron...don't have those yet...

you-no-say-ukraine-is-weak-o.gif

LOL - hey, I see you got a Rebels figure. Are you gonna get the rest? Do you watch the show? I couldn't get past the first couple of episodes back when it first came out. Very...I dunno, Disney...but, I'm considering giving it another shot down the road - I know Season 1 just came out on bluray.

I remember hearing in an interview that a glow-in-the-dark Buzz figure is coming. They were gonna do it for 1.0 - but they had to work out some kinks w/ the toxicity of the paint. I think they are still working on making it happen - a lot of 'Infiniteers' are requesting it.

Imma do a lil derail here, going back to Nemos post on Grievous and JarJar.

First off I love General Grievous. When O first saw Ep 3 I hated him, but each time I revisited it he grew on me. Just something about him makes him badass to me. I remember reading some backstory on him and if I remember correctly it was kinda tragic and awesome.

As for the gungan design, I can see how its cool, it just the Gungan personality that is terrible. I always thought Jar Jar would have been awesome if he was a different character (REDUNDANT STATEMENT OF THE CENTURY). Like if he was a badass reptilian like species that helped protect Anakin and wasnt so goddamn useless. Most of the badass characters worth a damn are human, it wouldve been cool to see something maybe akin to Han Solo's original character design with his personality, but just used in the prequel films.

Posted from breakroom

Really nice figure selects. Darth Maul, Ultron...don't have those yet...

...I remember hearing in an interview that a glow-in-the-dark Buzz figure is coming. They were gonna do it for 1.0 - but they had to work out some kinks w/ the toxicity of the paint. I think they are still working on making it happen - a lot of 'Infiniteers' are requesting it.

Cheers. I told myself I wasn't going to buy more than 10 figures on Black Friday, but fuck it. Who knows when the next sale will be. Speaking of which, I caught the Buzz for $7 on amazon. I'm hoping the guy lights up when he's on the gamebase ("Is that what it's called?" asked the n00b.) I'm not sure I'd buy another Buzz just b/c it was glow-in-the-dark. I guess it'd depend on the pose--if his helmet was down & wings extended maybe.

LOL - hey, I see you got a Rebels figure. Are you gonna get the rest? Do you watch the show? I couldn't get past the first couple of episodes back when it first came out. Very...I dunno, Disney...but, I'm considering giving it another shot down the road - I know Season 1 just came out on bluray...

I love REBELS. Like Nemo, I hated the animation at first, but by the time Vader makes his appearance in S2 I actually started to really like it. And apparently a lot of these side characters were from CLONE WARS, a show I never watched when it was on TV. With that in mind I've been going back on Netflix and watching some of the CLONE WARS stuff. The return of Darth Maul episodes were pretty good, and I really like the "news reel" style intro to each episode. Very cool. So yes, I highly recommend watching REBELS for any Star Wars fan, Nemo.

I like Rebels. It does some fun and bold stuff. It is "Disney-ier" than Clone Wars tho. Still, I'm not clamoring for all the figures. The two Jedis for sure. Kanan Jarris and Ezra Bridger. The rest I'll wait on.

Sabine is one of my favorite characters, and I really liked her backstory episode a few weeks ago. So I opted for her instead of Ezra and Kanan, both of which I already have as 3.75'' action figures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up - I just got back from Walmart and Best Buy...they both had massive Infinity sales.

Walmart even had a big red display set up - it looked like they were just dumping their stuff. Like, 'this shit's gotta go'. Prices ranged from $5 to $10...on everything. Power Disc blind packs were $2.

Best Buy had every figure w/ a red price tag - they had Drax, Cap and Donald going for $4.99

I was ready to pounce on TFA figures (they were going for 9.99...man, Poe Dameron looks so good) - but neither store had the playsets on sale (still $40). I wanna get the TFA playset before I get any TFA figures (It's the only playset I'm missing - I'm nuts like that.) Again, just a heads up - massive sale going on.

Still no...(sigh)...still no word on the Boba Fett figure release date.

7d7d609b-ba70-40d4-8480-2015e6f7aeef.gif

• 1 month later...

maxresdefault.jpg

Marvel Battlegrounds has a release date: March 15th - and it comes w/ First Avenger Cap.

91jEmrQ4DRL._SL1500_-1024x954.jpg

Word is that Black Suit Spidey is getting a single-pack release on the same day and that Baloo is being released along w/ Vision, Ant-Man and all those other leaked Marvel figures. I know Peter Pan has been confirmed, but all signs are pointing to a late 2016 release for him along w/ another unannounced Disney playset.

disney-infinity-3.0-black-suit-spiderman.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The little Wi-Fi icon on the packaging means that an update is required to use that figure w/ 3.0 I mentioned this in a previous post: just because a figure isn't in the current code of the game...they can just keep making figures based on market demand and just have you download it's functionality.

I can't imagine what a 4.0 could be themed w/ but they can keep squeezing figures into this already massive sized game.

Lordy - I need Darkwing. Boba Fett...he - still has no release date...

tumblr_lqtm6g4C2H1qgiwxu.gif

Different from his appearance in 2.0 - he showed up in the game via an assist-disc.

7d8c0bcffc64401f03cc6b11145b2499_5.jpg

which-of-my-speculated-3-0-marvel-figures-do-you-want-most-505454.jpg

ant-man-infinity-screenshot-01.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

If I remember correctly, this concept art is from 3.0 - hinting at the inevitable figure. (They teased a Benny the Cab vehicle disc in 2.0 - still ain't seeing any Roger Rabbit, stuff...bastards)

tumblr_inline_nwkkeoPs9M1r1c24u_500.jpg

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 2 weeks later...