Hondo's Bar

Alien: Covenant

Keth

yeah see, both blade runner & alien take place in universes i wanna see more stories in - i just don't know if these are gonna be those stories

(Dunno if ya knew - FUN FACT: Alien n' Blade Runner share the same universe.)

wait wait

how

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/alien-covenant-james-franco-1201946401/

VARIETY REPORTS: JAMES FRANCO JOINS THE CAST

James Franco is coming on board “Alien: Covenant,” the sequel to Ridley Scott's “Prometheus.”

He joins Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, and Guy Pearce — who are reprising their roles from “Prometheus” — along with newcomers Katherine Waterston, Demian Bichir, Billy Crudup, and Danny McBride.

NE7mK7v7LlgLab_1_a.jpg

"Huh?!"

Trailer was the epitome of 'meh' for me and now I'm even more bummed out that 'Prometheus 2' ended up becoming 'Generic Alien Sequel X'. I was definitely not a fan of Prometheus for a multitude of reasons, but it's loose ties to the Alien franchise were not one of my issues. I hated the post credits stinger and would have preferred if they just kept it a separate series in the same universe. Despite my distaste for Prometheus, I was actually looking forward to the adventures of original girl with the dragon tattoo and Michael Fassbender's head in space, and I can't hide the fact that I am sad that that's not what we are getting...

• 2 months later...

Waaay better trailer! This looks more like a sequel to Prometheus - which, I honestly want more than just 'another Alien'. I wish they would've gone w/ the 'Paradise Lost' title. (shrugs) Glad they didn't show too much in terms of Engineers and far-out societies...I'm dying to see where the story goes - Prometheus was 2012.

"Hope you had a hell of a piss, Arnold!"

i-hope-you-had-a-hell-of-a-pis_clink_large.jpg

Waaay better trailer! This looks more like a sequel to Prometheus - which, I honestly want more than just 'another Alien'. I wish they would've gone w/ the 'Paradise Lost' title. (shrugs) Glad they didn't show too much in terms of Engineers and far-out societies...I'm dying to see where the story goes - Prometheus was 2012.

So, I was trying to avoid trailers for this film, but this one showed in front of LOGAN in the theater, so I saw it. Looks like a solid Alien film. I'm not sure how it seems like a more direct sequel to Prometheus though. Where's Noomi Rapace? According to IMDB she's in the film. But as long as I find out what happened to Shaw and David from Prometheus I'll be happy--even if it's in a journal video or something.

I'm not sure how it seems like a more direct sequel to Prometheus though.

Well, going by the trailer - the initial plot seems to follow a group of colonists 'making history'...I'm assuming the 'history' being made is related to the human species colonizing away from Earth...an assumption - again, going by the trailer.

That theme - the human instinct / our destiny to continuously expand and colonize...and Prometheus' search for 'our creators' and the answer to 'why' - to me, feel associated. It's just gonna end up w/ 'we got monsters to squish' - but the setting feels connected to the animal / tone of what Prometheus was.

Also...the promise of more insight into David's intentions.

michael-fassbender-prometheus.jpg