Hondo's Bar

Yoda Vs Gandalf

arc

yoda vs gandalf  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

this fight will prove to be more fair and maybe some of the book readers will let us in on some new info. but for now who do you think will win it all in a no holds bar brawl. if you wanna know what i think i have no clue just who i should pick.

Well here comes a big upset...

GANDALF carries my vote. Yoda is a difinitive badass, let there be no doubt, but From what I've read and seen I don't think that a Jedi master Could defeat a legendary wizard such as gandalf.

I do believe that yoda has the discipline and will power to be the ringbearer which Gandalf didn't trust himself enough, but in a Battle to the finish gandalf would remain at the end. it would be a spectacular and possiblly many day long battle but I don't think my boy Yoda could do it.

Yes, the opening sequence of gandalf taking on the balrog in 2T, yoda could not have pulled that off. And Gandalf wouldn't have allowed Dooku to get away, even though the same actor seems to give him trouble as Suruman. No there's a battle: Dooku vs Saruman. The battle of the Christopher Lees!

No, just those ugly lizards the stormtroopers ride. But if you take into account the Christopher Lee fights, Yoda might win. Dooku had to distract Yoda and run to survive that fight. Saruman actually beat Gandalf. ...the first time, anyway. Then again, I think Gandalf's magic powers surpass anything Yoda can do with the Force. I dunno...this is a tough decision...

Please, a tauntaun couldn't outfight anything...'sides, they stink.

And what the hell does Constantine hafta do with this? We're talking movie characters. Constantine's crappy movie hasn't been made yet, so he doesn't count. ...at least I'm assume we're talking about the movie characters. As I recall, I always saw the Gandalf of the books as being even more powerful than in the movies...in which case, poor Yoda wouldn't stand a chance.

SB - hitting the soon to be pretty bad movie (unless some act of god saves it) is a low blow, Constantine deserves better! SW & Lord of the Rings have books too, so i say Ennis' Hellblazer stays. Sides what movie was Magickoopa in? I didnt see him in the oscar-nominated Mario Bros as i recall, but he's a valid option.

I think youre just tryin to rule out the lower economic-class mages who didnt have the flow to get on the big screen. Wizard eletism....i expected better of you, Bob. :D

...you can redeem yourself if you can tell me what mage Harry Potter directly rips off of.

PS I think Sting should play him in the movie. Take a look.

Sting.jpg

Hey now, you dont like "Fragile"? "Shape of my heart"? "Fields of Gold"? ok ok, how bout the one he did with Clapton on Gee-tar, "It's probably me"? I too got sick of Desert Roses and such but he's done some ok stuff solo...godbless thread tangents.

Sorry, it just becomes evident listening to his stuff that Stuart Copeland and/or Andy Summers really gave The Police's songs a power that Sting alone is incapable of. He sacrificed the quality of the music he made for the attention, stardom and recognition only a solo career can give you. From what I understand, both Summers and Copeland want a reunion and never had and artistic conflicts with Sting. It wasn't like Van Halen and DLR. His music may be "ok", but since he could be making music that's so much better, but isn't, it's not "cool."

See, now youre talkin smack. Every article ive read, even that big-ass VHI documentary they did - Copperland and Sting can barely be in the same room, it seems. Sure Andy doesnt seem to start shit, and I'm not sayin its not Sting's ego that's the root of a lot of it, but doing give me this "Stuart's never had any artistic conflict with him" nonsense, ya know that aint true. He's a helluva drummer - funny, too, one potshot i read he took on Sting was "I've loved your solo work, it's the best stuff that comes out of my building's elevators" and such - but got kinda violent with him in the past, ive read.

Yeah, Summers & Copperland add a dimension to the music, and its not the same without em. Many say the same of Phil Collins outside of Genesis; im not saying theyre just as good without, i just hate hearin people crap on them 'cause its not the same as ten years ago.