Hondo's Bar

Carrie Fisher Dies Age 60

_93150396_mediaitem93150393.jpge a global star

US actress Carrie Fisher, best known for her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars series, has died aged 60, days after suffering a heart attack.

Fisher was taken ill on a flight from London to LA on Friday and was taken to hospital when the plane landed.

But a family statement said with "deep sadness" she died on Tuesday morning.

As well as starring in other films such as The Blues Brothers and When Harry Met Sally, Fisher also wrote four novels and three memoirs.

In a statement released on behalf of Fisher's daughter Billie Lourd, spokesman Simon Halls said:

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8.55 this morning.

"She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers."

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

I thought she'd be one of the final Star Wars cast members to pass, I really didn't expect Harrison Ford to outlive her. Carrie Fisher just always struck me as one of those people who would live well into her 90s if not 100s. I'm sure it's a miracle she lived this long considering her history of substance abuse but 60 is still far too young. She really was an awesome person, her contributions to society (as an advocate for mental health and drug addiction especially) greatly outweigh any pop culture achievements, but she was wonderful onscreen too.

She really was an awesome person, her contributions to society (as an advocate for mental health and drug addiction especially) greatly outweigh any pop culture achievements.

Agreed.

She not only was a star in my most favoritist franchise - but as a person, I found her struggles w/ depression n' addiction absolutely relatable. Her attitude, that way she rolled...I've always loved her. My kinda cat. One of the few celebs out there that I've always wished I could sit n' hang w/.

Weird feeling a kinship w/ someone you've never met or had any direct communication w/ - even weirder is this hollow feeling in my gut that hasn't gone away since I've heard the news. I'm really sad at her passing. I loved Carrie Fisher.

Annnnd her mom, Debbie Reynolds just passed away today from an apparent stroke. I know it's becoming a cliche already to condemn 2016 for being such a shitpile year, but really, this is bizarre. And Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd, must be going through a whirlwind of emotions now, losing her mom and grandmother so suddenly.

As for the often underrated Carrie Fisher, I didn't think her death would've hit me this hard. I really had a difficult time processing this when I found out yesterday over dinner with friends. Usually celebrity deaths don't affect me this way, but Rogue One really had my Star Wars nostalgia meter cranked to max capacity. That coupled with the fact I was going to actually meet Carrie Fisher at Wizard Con in less than two weeks just made this particular celebrity death actually painful for me.

The often underrated Carrie Fisher.

This is bizarre. And Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd, must be going through a whirlwind of emotions now, losing her mom and grandmother so suddenly.

Yeah - that girl's head must be spinning. The only positive that I can think of is that it was sudden - not sum slow drive off a cliff w/ their eyes taped open. RIP - Miss Reynolds.

Carrie-Fisher-Debbie-Reynolds-Billie-Lourd-Scream-Queens.jpg