Hondo's Bar

Morbius

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE Getting Live-Action Film - Report

Sony Pictures is developing a live-action Morbius the Living Vampire film, according toVariety. Tentatively titled Morbius, the purported film is said to be part of Sony's cinematic Spider-Verse which would include Venom andSilver & Black.

Power Rangers screenwriters Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama recently turned in a script to Sony after "a secret development process," reports the Hollywood trade. The duo previously worked on the Universal film Drcula Untold.

https://www.newsarama.com/37322-morbius-the-living-vampire-getting-live-action-film-report.html

Michael Morbius sucks as a main character (he barely works as a supporting character and doesn't work at all as a villain) and Marvel's continuous drive to give him his own series is their greatest Sissyphean task.  IF this movie actually happens it will suck, Aunt May was a better idea than this.

23 minutes ago, Iambaytor said:

Michael Morbius sucks as a main character (he barely works as a supporting character and doesn't work at all as a villain) and Marvel's continuous drive to give him his own series is their greatest Sissyphean task.  IF this movie actually happens it will suck, Aunt May was a better idea than this.

^This (except the Aunt May stuff)

I love Morbius. I really do, but this'll suck (heh). Bringing in Morbius as a side character to Spider-Man won't work. A Blade storyline would be your best avenue for this. Whether in movie or show form, him having his own thing is foolish.

• Like 1

Maybe if Morbius got a Wesley Snipes Blade-esque makeover (I mean making the character suck less, not making him more Wesley Snipesish) then I could see it but all Morbius does is whine and feel sorry for himself.  He needs a major overhaul and I don't think the people who greenlit not one but two Amazing Spider-Man movies are the people for the job.

• Upvote 1

I've always dug Morbius.

I remember really hoping he'd show up in that first Blade sequel.

After seeing the direction Disney / Marvel is taking Spidey w/ Homecoming - I'm actually pretty interested in seeing what Sony has planned for their take on the Spidey universe.

Hopefully, a bit more adult.  Adult doesn't mean 'no color' and all 'dark shadows' - but, in content and gravitas.  I mean, Spider-man didn't throw a single punch in Disney / Marvel's Homecoming...like, 'Secret of the Ooze' - the Turtles never actually use their weapons.  It's reinvented and aimed at very 'general' audiences.  Too pandering for it's own good in my opinion.

PC culture for the win...yaaaay...

classmates-spider-man-homecoming-1068x53

Maybe Morbius could carry a flick - these characters are essentially being routinely reinvented at this point as they cross over into film.  He had a couple o' episodes dedicated to him in the 90s cartoon - they worked.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

yeah, bishop was making the joke afterwards how spidey must've gone to the most diverse high school or something...i don't know what people think NY looks like 

and i was gonna argue with baytor about morbius as a cool blade movie villain but yeah, his point does stand there...i wouldn't want him the same as the comics (unless it's done really well, kinda like how split treated its respective villain) 

6 hours ago, The NZA said:

yeah, bishop was making the joke afterwards how spidey must've gone to the most diverse high school or something...i don't know what people think NY looks like 

Even in the 60s it was pretty absurd how many white people were in Spider-man's orbit considering that the story was largely set in Queens.  

Awww - those initial Morbius episodes weren't terrible.

handsuckers.jpg

LOL - those later team-up eps...yeah, it was all a bit much.

If Sony takes a 'differentiator' approach to their Spidey-verse - and do something w/ a bit more edge and 'grown'...a vampire running around the city could work / fit.

a965c2b2989b6a1c30fea21b02e44a2c--spider

A solo flick...

On 11/14/2017 at 11:40 PM, Iambaytor said:

Maybe if Morbius got a Wesley Snipes Blade-esque makeover (I mean making the character suck less, not making him more Wesley Snipesish) then I could see it but all Morbius does is whine and feel sorry for himself.  He needs a major overhaul...

Yep.  The concept is sound - wholly entertaining?  Eeeeh - I think w/ enough 'idea pitching' - an updated / mordernized Morbius could totally be awesome.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...