Hondo's Bar

Bullshit!

Jumbie

• 6 years later...

Penn-and-teller-bullshit.jpg

what a great show. i got onto this one from the PETA one put up in politics a while back, and bish/etc's suggestions. Ive burned through much of the 6 seasons, i think sen's watched almost every one of em- the new agey ones, theyre funny, but i typically skip the concepts that i dont need much convincing that they're garbage.

season 7 starts in june, cant wait.

# Title Air date

7-01 Orgasms June 25, 2009

7-02 Astrology July 2, 2009

7-03 Video Games July 9, 2009

7-04 The Apocalypse July 16, 2009

7-05 Lie Detectors July 23, 2009

7-06 Organic Food July 30, 2009

7-07 Taxes August 6, 2009

7-08 Lawns August 13, 2009

7-09 Stress August 20, 2009

7-10 The Vatican August 27, 2009

nice! gotta have Thompson. i cant wait on the polygraph one (such shit), vatican should be a hoot.

if youre curious whats been covered thus far, here's the episode/topic listing.

This show is bullshit!(but in a good way) :no:

It's a fantastic show, penn always does some youtube vidoes(penn says) and I follow him on twitter and he's on glen beck every now and again. If you have U-verse from att some of the shows are on free on demand.

6 was good, but i agree with bish that the good ol' days finale one couldve been much stronger if their focus was elsewhere.

cant wait on this new season to get going. LL and sen are loving this show right now...please say youve seen the one on dolphins?

I'm especially glad they decided to target John Edwards. That guy's been pissing me off for years.

Looking back on this, I want to clarify that Jumbie meant John Edward, the television con-man (aka psychic medium), not the then unknown South Carolina Senator and later presidential hopeful, then vice presidential candidate and again presidential hopeful John Edwards.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
finished Astronomy

You mean Astrology. Astronomy is the science of space, like Stephen Hawking and Carl Sagan. Astrology is the idea that everyone born within the same 30 day period every year shares the same fate and personality. Unfortunately, because they sound the same, a lot of people confuse them. I've known people to confuse Cosmology with Cosmetology too.

Edited by Reverend Jax

You mean Astrology. Astronomy is the science of space, like Stephen Hawking and Carl Sagan. Astrology is the idea that everyone born within the same 30 day period every year shares the same fate and personality. Unfortunately, because they sound the same, a lot of people confuse them. I've known people to confuse Cosmology with Cosmetology too.
But to be fair most people who have studied Cosmetology also believe in Astrology...wait...what?

potatoe, potatoh.

how's this season been so far? ive got all 3 downloaded (its 4 episodes now, yeah?) but not caught them yet. im looking forward to the vatican, mebbe taxes. orgasms and astronomy i might pass on, saving video games one for a rainy day.

Oh Mister Bond, you're such an anal linguist.

Also, just to throw this out there, I may be a ditz sometimes but I'm certainly no dumbass or idiot. I know the difference between the two...

<3

Edited by MetalHeart
"<3" looks so much nicer than "<#"

• 1 year later...

es422q.jpg

http://www.sho.com/s...tbs/episodes.do

Episode 1: Cheerleaders - Airing 06/11/2010

In the Season Eight premiere, it's as All-American as apple pie, but cheerleading is also responsible for 65% of all catastrophic female sport injuries, with competitive coaches, fanatic parents, and a multimillion dollar industry concerned with its bottom line.

Cheerleading Preview - Dr. Bernice Sandler talks about Title IX, the Patsy T. Mink Equal Opportunity in Education Act.

Episode 2: Fast Food - Airing 06/17/2010

Hold on to your cheeseburger! Public Health agencies, food activists and special interest groups have launched an all-out war against fast food restaurants. Should the government really be spending our tax dollars to regulate what, where, and how we eat?

Fast Food Preview - Penn and Teller explore the American diet and debate whether or not fast food presents a public health problem.

Episode 3: Martial Arts - Airing 06/24/2010

Thanks to centuries of Eastern mystique, the martial arts may appear spiritual and special. The mischievous magicians take a more skeptical look at a bunch of guys in pajamas breaking boards with their feet and overweight housewives learning to "defend" themselves.

Episode 4: Teen Sex - Airing 07/01/2010

Every generation worries about teen sex, but today's parents are more hysterical than ever. The duo will look at the drastic measures adults are taking to combat the perceived dangers of teenage promiscuity, "sexting," and gay-straight alliances.

Episode 5: Easy Money - Airing 07/08/2010

Everyone wants to get rich quick, but are multilevel marketing schemes really the answer? Penn & Teller reveal the truth about direct-sales companies that market everything from sausages to sex toys.

Episode 6: Area 51 - Airing 07/15/2010

Is the government hiding alien spaceships? Follow a team of UFO hunters on an overnight expedition in search of mysterious aircraft flying above a secret military facility known as Area 51.

Episode 7: Criminal Justice - Airing 07/22/2010

Is America's criminal justice system weighed down with bad science, ineffective methods, incompetence and corruption? Penn & Teller set out to reveal that the only thing scarier than crime is America's war on crime.

Episode 8: Old People - Airing 07/29/2010

According to Penn and Teller, America's seniors are stripped of their dignity thanks to ongoing stereotypes about old people. They investigate the widespread beliefs that old people can't drive, don't have sex, and smell bad.

anyone watching this season? i hope it's better than the last, kinda repeating/running out of material since scientology's basically off the table for them.