Hondo's Bar

Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker

The NZA

Didn't you say something about a Mega Man collection to me once?

That would be a good one to have, but you'd really get bored of killing robots after that one. Plus, he still can't shoot up.

TANGENT: You know what would rock tho... remember how Capcom did a Mega Man cameo in their last Marvel vs. Capcom epileptic fighter? Imagine a Mega Man fighting game where you could whoop on the old bosses from way back when... that'd be cool

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i think its called Mega Man Collection, i should look it up - I imagine its gonna be for all platforms. I recall it being NES Mega Man 1-6, and the SNES ones (what's that, X 1-4 or so?). See, im greedy: that's cool shit, but id love to have seen Legends on there. If they leave off Mega Man Soccer & racing tho, that's prolly ok.

..Mega Man cameo; wasnt he in the game as a playable character...? Oh, and

Imagine a Mega Man fighting game where you could whoop on the old bosses from way back when... that'd be cool

Hah..yeah...and keep their weapons too, eh? :D

PS piggies

Games_LinkandPigs.gif

I dunno, multiplayer wise ive got a bunch of good ones goin between Bomberman, Mario Party IV, Smash Bros, Monkey Balls, etc....

As for single player, eh...Pikmin, Zelda, Metroid, Mario etc are more than enough for me, but again, im a nintendo whore & easily pleased.  Man, when this new Mario Kart makes it out, that's gonna be cool.

comment 1) these multiplayer games I've had the pleasure of enjoying with the Cowboy. We've both gotten our asses whooped in Monkeyball 2 by our friend who controls those damn monkeys like if they were some characer from the Matrix.

comment 2) Metroid is pretty damn bad-ass, and somehow it caught my attention more than the new Zelda game, however, I haven't had time to finish either of them :D

comment 3) Oh, I'm so gonna blow a load when I get to see this new Mario Kart coming out soon. Who the fuck is ready?! OH, yeah!!!!

Edited by Oppai-Seijin

I recall it being NES Mega Man 1-6, and the SNES ones (what's that, X 1-4 or so?).

There was also MegaMan 7. It was the SNES continuation of the NES MegaMan series, fighting Professor Wily an' all instead of the bad guys in the X series. It was pretty good, too.

Smash Bros. Melee is one of the best multi-player games ever. I really need to go play that on Mr. Wall again, soon...

cell-dah is cool

Whatta hater, you wont even give the game a chance....from now on, Splinter Cell is deemed "Metal Gear lite".

Thanks to Jorge (he'll be on this board one day)'s help, im a bit futher...its not quite as hard as Majora's Mask but a bit trickier than other zeldas.

I can see the fussing about sailing, it does take a while, but im really enjoyin this one so far...classic dungeon layout/puzzles forcing you to use your new tools in innovative ways, and the boss fights so far are really well thought out: finding their weakness & all that.

Even the plot's fun so far...this might turn into one of my favorite ones yet, we'll see.

Yeah, this one was a good'n. Sure, the sailing was a little tedious sometimes, but eventually got to the point where I enjoyed that part and would skip the plot for a while and just go explore what was on the horizon. Overall I think this one is up there in the series. At times it got a little too "kiddie" for me when I prefer the more serious stuff like Ocarian and Majora, and by the end of it despite all the sailing I felt like it was just too damn short. But otherwise...yeah...great game. I'm tired. Can't type coherent sentences anymore, apparently. Sleep now, Missster Murdoch. Sleeeeep.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm oh so happy at this one...cant believe theyre gonna get me to subscribe to Nintendo Power again, but im a zelda whore :D

Three ways to get Zelda Collector's Edition

» You don't actually have to buy a GameCube!

News | Saturday, November 8, 2003 | Casey Raymondson [Managing Editor]

As we previously reported, Nintendo will soon release the GameCube bonus disc The Legend of Zelda Collector’s Edition. The compilation contains four GameCube-playable Zelda titles, including:

The Legend of Zelda

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

Also included on the disc is a playable demo and video footage of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and a short retrospective history of the series.

Nintendo has now announced several ways gamers can get their hands on the Collector’s Edition disc. The compilation will be bundled with new GameCube systems starting on November 17 at the regular $99.99 price.

For those who already own a GameCube, Nintendo has provided two alternatives. First, gamers may register their GameCube and two holiday titles online. Eligible titles include Mario Party 5, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and 1080° Avalanche. Alternatively, gamers may subscribe to or renew a subscription to Nintendo Power magazine. Either method is also available after November 17 and requires a visit to http://www.nintendo.com/zeldaclassic to fill out the necessary forms.

zelda_2.jpgzelda_3.gif

Ya know..this is one of those things that id be seriously interested if a Hong Kong burn disc had link to the past on it somehow. Ive played that one to death, but damn itd be fun again.

To be honest, the collection has me hyped, but its mainly for Zelda 1. Ill play part 2 for a lil bit, but i only beat it back in the day with a friend's help cause i wasnt really into it. Zelda 64's cool but i was already working on the "Master Quest" disc that came with Wind Waker, and hadnt seen anything new yet. And Majora's Mask is a badass game, but so damn hard i doubt ill play through it again for a long time...i just really like the idea of classic 8-bit Zelda again, 2nd quest and all.

I'm doin a "collections" game thread in the future, i can see it. I mean, for one, this thing shouldnt have even a hint of loading time, or id be furious. But then again, if they tweaked the graphics, a la Super Mario All-Stars, that'd be really cool too.

But then again, if they tweaked the graphics, a la Super Mario All-Stars, that'd be really cool too.

Yeah, that'd be great. But they didn't touch up Ocarina at all (though the graphics were a lot smoother on the Cube) so I doubt it.

I dunno, I think Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game (I don't compare it to Ocarina because of the huge differences). It makes me wonder why they'd leave the best of them all out of the collection. Do they have plans to release it separately somewhere? Wait, didn't they just release a remake of it on the GameBoy not too long ago? Could that be why?

4 swords...and you know, I need to check back, but that release dates thread i had up a few weeks ago, i swear it had some kind of "4 swords" scheduled release for Gamecube, tho I cant imagine to what function.

I think you nailed it on the head, though - its too small (file-wise) and too popular a game to be left off for any other reason; they prolly didnt wanna mess with the GBA sales of one of their more popular titles, and again im not entilrey sure what that GC version's about yet.

Haha...what a hater. Metroid of course looks cool but you dont have any screenshots...Panzer Orta looks purdy but it looks like a wanker screensaver. And is that some old guy dressed as Solid Snake anally raping another man? Yeah, thanks for playing.

Zelda's smoov-ass cel shading has to be seen to be appreciated. You can hate on it if you want & miss out on a great game, like some do (myself included, at first) with your Halo, or you can look past the "abscense of blood" factor that turns you off so much and find an extremely well-designed game with amazing level layout, really cool bosses, and more playability than ive seen in a while.

ps thanks for keepin the pics on topic here, yeeeah.

z_screen001.jpg

0229_zeldamegaton_9.jpg

0229_zeldamegaton_20.jpg

0225_zeldawindbreaker1.jpg

• 11 months later...

Actually, nothing happened after the badass final boss fight (the final blow was particularly cool), it pretty much ended right afterwards - I didn't think it was a bad thing. I was kinda disappointed it didn't go back through and revisit all the secondary characters like the last few Zeldas, but I didn't think it was bad either.