Hondo's Bar

Movie Sequel Release Dates!

Found a site with release dates o' plenty. You can follow the link if you like, but it's basically the same as what I've posted here, except each title is a link to info on that title (though many are dead links). Enjoy:

Final Fantasy II   Opens: Summer 2006

Jurassic Park 4   Opens: Summer 2005

Star Wars: Episode III   Opens: Wed May 25 2005

X-Men III   Opens: Summer 2004

The Mummy III   Opens: Fri May 7 2004

Terminator 4   Opens: May 2004

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King   Opens: Thur Dec 25 2003

Zorro Unmasked   Opens: November 2003

True Lies 2   Opens: Summer 2003

The Matrix III   Opens: Summer 2003

Charlie's Angels 2   Opens: Summer 2003

The Martix Reloaded   Opens: Wed Dec 25 2002

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers   Opens: Wed Dec 25 2002

X-Men II   Opens: December 2002

Star Trek X: Nemesis   Opens: November 2002

James Bond 20   Opens: November 2002

Terminator 3   Opens: Summer 2002

Now, some of these, I just flat out don't believe. Terminator 3, out this summer, an I haven't heard anything. Not likely! Lord Of The Rings ad The Matrix released on X-mas? I know what I want for X-mas! Though I wouln't be surprised to see one of them bail for fear of competition form the other. If neither do, it'll be interesting to see which gets the bigger gross opening weekend!  I also see another Termiator a few years after the third, and a third X-Men after the second this December. and A final Fantasy 2 in 2006! Thought Square Pictures couldn't do that, but I tend to believe what I want to believe until proven otherwise. :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first of all, there can't be a Final Fantasy 2, because Square shut down their movie studio. Last I heard, True Lies 2 has been canned, because Cameron didn't want to continue such a story after 9/11. Matrix Reloaded and Terminator 3 are both slated for next summer. Episode III is actually probably shooting for a 2004 release. And, unfortunately, Spielberg has said that he has plans and a story worked out for a fourth Jurassic Park, but if he was going to direct it certainly won't be for 2005. He's still finishing his Tom Hanks/Leo Dicrapio movie for this Christmas, and then planned to work on Indy 4, for 2004 or 2005. The odds of him being able to make another JP film as well are pretty slim.

And just a couple other updates. The new mutants, so far, in X2 are - Iceman, played by Bobby Drake (he was actually in the first one, but now his part's bigger), Pyro, played by Aaron Stanford, and Nightcrawler, played by Alan Cumming (a great casting choice, I think). Supposedly Angel is in the movie, as well, but they haven't announced who'll be playing him. Also, Kelly Hu (mmmm, Kelly Hu) is signed on to play a character named Anne. Not sure who that is... Alas, though, no Gambit (sigh).

Prolly a safe bet, damn am i hyped for Matrix Reloaded.

Yeah, Square Pictures said they might do a short for AniMatrix (forthcomin Matrix anime series) but its all kinda heresay after the loss they took on Final Fantasy.  

Thanks for the X-Men 2 details, should be cool...i remember hearin Keanu was a possible Gambit back in part 1 but wouldve costed too much post-Matrix....ah well. ???

Did anyone else know that the X-Men movies are written by David Hayter, the guy who plays the voice role of Metal Gear badass, Solid Snake? I thought that was interestin.

Hey, lets hear some details on the next Indiana Jones flick, Bob.

And yeah im not sure if i can endure another Jurassic Park, but im sure ill be sadly compelled to see it as well.  Man, those release dates look made-up.

Actually, I just found out that David Hayter fact, yesterday. Weird.

As for Indy 4, they haven't talked much about it. The three key players are signed up - Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford. Last I heard, they had Frank Darabont writing the script based on a story by Lucas. 'S good news. He was the one who wrote The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption scripts (he also directed both those movies). I had actually heard that M. Night Shyamalan was writing it, originally, but that seems to have fallen through. Beyond that, the only thing that's been said is that Indy will probably have a son to pass the fedora on to. No word yet on any casting or story issues. They probably won't even start pre-production until Lucas is at least finished filming Episode III.

Yeah, but he might sap the budget a bit too...look, me & my friends always had "ideal" Wolverine calls, then Hugh Jackman showed up & did it better than any of em.  

I know were not all huge Keanu fans, but between Matrix (especially if you watch "Matrix Revisited" and see his dedication to training & such), Devil's Advocate, few others, I think he'dve done the Gambit role just fine.  He's got the look, more or less, just needs a cajun accent.  Man, you guys default cast Pitt in everythin like i do with Norton, its funny.

Man, you guys default cast Pitt in everythin like i do with Norton, its funny.

Man, Norton would have made a great Tyler Durden, and Pitt would have made a fine Narrator. :D I have felt this way abotu Pitt being Gambit for a long time, before the first movie came out, before I saw Fight Club. It was just after I saw 12 Monkeys that I came to that conclusion. Way before X-Men was even in pre-production or had even been accounced, Wizard did an article on best actorsand actresses for X-Men roles. I crossed out most of them and came up with my own, Pitt as Gambit was one fo them. As far as Keanu, he doesn't really have the ability to portray characters that aren't completely lost and confused. He's got the whole "Whoa!" thing down to a tee. I think he's a fine human being, and I completely argee he's dedicated. I just don't think he can do Gambit like Pitt could. Has keanu ever really done an accent? Pitt's proven he can do accents. If I were the casting director and I heard from Pitt's agent he wanted to do it, he'd be hired that moment. If I heard Keanu wanted to do it, I'd have him coming in and do a few readings.

By the way, I'm pissed that I see no Breast either!

For the record, Keanu did manage a slight southern accent in The Devil's Advocate, but I'm not sure if it lasted the entire movie. As for Pitt as Gambit, I think he'd be great for the role, but honestly, I don't want to see him do it. He'd steal the movie away from the rest of the cast just because his star power is bigger. The first X-Men was without any huge stars. Sure it had some big names, but Halle Berry still hadn't become huge. Neither had Jackman. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan were big, but more for their talent, not their names. Basically, you never saw any of the actors' faces on a poster with a tagline like "The fate of the world rests on one man". As good as he would be in the role, Brad Pitt would dominate the movie too much.

Oh yeah, and Beast was supposed to be in the first X-Men, but they decided that the makeup would be too extensive and too expensive, so they transferred most of his attributes to Jean Grey (ie: being the scientist of the group, being the mutant ambassador to congress, that sorta thing).

Well, Jean was better eye candy if nothing else. I thiknk they should be doing Beast before Nightcrawler if makeup budget is the issue. Priorities, priorities! And do think certain characters did dominant the first movie, not because of star power, but because of the writing. Compare Wolverine to Storm. In the books, Storm is just as important a character as Wolverine (not nearly as popular, but just as important). She seemed more like a second banana as opposed to an equal member of a team. I feel there was heavy dominance on Wolverine, Rogue, and Xavier. The other character were like back-up singers in a britney spears video. as long as it's going to work that way, make Gambit the front character (he's definitely interesting enough) and give his role to Pitt who could really bring him out well.

Preacher would make one helluva movie, but who'd you get to play the parts?!

Also i think the whole metal gear idea is cool, but seeing as MGS2 is so film like anyway there'd be no point in doing a film!

Can't wait for the next in the matrix tho, they are going to be some kick ass films, wish i had broadband so i could download a trailer!! :dissappointed:

I don't know anything about preacher, other than the fact that it seems to very quotable :D It's prolly the same as Calvin & Hobbes, a part of you wants to see it in a new medium, but the rest of you knows they couldn't get it to work right, so you're just glad that it's good the way it is.

Holy shit...there's a whole part of the Preacher's Divinty board that's practically dedicated to casting calls; after Dinghy finishes the series, ill put my calls over in Xavier's and get Silent Bob, KOS & others goin.  

JMT - youre not far off; i dont wanna see a film of it at all, to be honst, itll be butchered. Ill talk more on that in the forthcomin thread.

Anyway, yeah i heard Beast too, shame they ditched that idea. As for Wolvy & Xavier takin the limelight, theyre the most interestin characters; Gambit's great on the surface, but as KOS' pointed out, he hasnt been explored much (but yeah, he'd be fine for a 2 hour flick as a frontman).  

So, who's the villains? Last i heard, it was Magneto again, and Juggernaut.

Actually, if what I've read about the script is true (and, of course, it's still liable to change) the villains are actually humans and a mutant-killing virus that's developed. The X-Men and Magneto's team (The Brotherhood, wasn't it?) even have to join forces at some points. It's supposed to be a really action-heavy script. Personally, I woulda preferred something that dealt more with the characters, like the first one. But, again, it's liable to go through quite a few changes before they start filming.

And, damn, SOF. If you want perfect Preacher casting, I gotta whole list. (when a Preacher movie was scheduled, they had Dougray Scott playing Jesse...dwell on that for a while ::shudder::D

*sigh* again, i have the 1st draft of the Preacher script here....the horror...

Yeah, i read somewhere it'd be against humans: i envisioned somethin with sentinels a la "Days of Future Past" but read it was more like "God loves, Man kills", which i never finished but heard was pretty good.  How do ya think itdve faired with Sentinels?  I also heard Apocalypse early on but was more worried bout that idea.  So no Juggernaut, then?  Damn you, AintItCool.com!