Hondo's Bar

Sin City

deacon

I'm thinking of future generations. Tarantino fans not yet born.

You know, I knew Rosebud was a sled before I saw Citizen Kane, I knew Trinity dies at the end of the Matrix Revolutions, I knew that Snape killed Dumbledore, I knew that Lester Burnham was killed by his militant next door neighbor, I knew that the protagonist in Memento tricked himself into killing innocent people, I knew that Bruce Willis was dead at the end of The Sixth Sense, I knew that Rosemary had Satan's baby, I knew that the priest dies at the end of the Exorcist, and I knew that Old Yeller dies at the end yet in none of these instances did the impact of what happened effect me any less than it would have any way. And these were actual spoilers, it doesn't matter what the fuck the Bride's name is, she could have never been named and nothing would have changed. So spoiling that is going to have zero effect for anyone.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, bride's name isnt a huge reveal...but shit, you had a lot of movies ruined going into them. why the fuck would you watch old yeller if you knew?!

ps someone shouldve spoiled that matrix revolutions was awful for you. dont feel bad, idve still seen it too. its like what morpheus said about having to see it for yourself, only, its shit he's referring to.

You know, I knew Rosebud was a sled before I saw Citizen Kane, I knew Trinity dies at the end of the Matrix Revolutions, I knew that Snape killed Dumbledore, I knew that Lester Burnham was killed by his militant next door neighbor, I knew that the protagonist in Memento tricked himself into killing innocent people, I knew that Bruce Willis was dead at the end of The Sixth Sense, I knew that Rosemary had Satan's baby, I knew that the priest dies at the end of the Exorcist, and I knew that Old Yeller dies at the end yet in none of these instances did the impact of what happened effect me any less than it would have any way. And these were actual spoilers, it doesn't matter what the fuck the Bride's name is, she could have never been named and nothing would have changed. So spoiling that is going to have zero effect for anyone.

I would say they those spoilers didn't ruin the movies, but you probably would have had a better experience had you found out while you watched.

The point was not that Kiddo's name was a big spoiler reveal, it's that, though it doesn't make any sense to you and me, bleeping out Beatrix's name was somehow important to QT, and for that reason, I don't think HE would want to call a third movie Kill Beatrix.

Like I said, we're all better off for it. I never said we'd all be aware of, or grateful for, being better off. Death Proof is not perfect, but it's a fun movie with some real worthwhile moments that could only have happened thanks to Tarantino's insanity. Although I will admit, I wish they had spent more time talking about Vanishing Point.

Archived