Hondo's Bar

Sin City

deacon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ho-lee shit...

Ok, I'm hyped. :D

This is like...when a buncha comic geeks sit down and start hatching a "what if" comic book movie. "And...and you know what would be cool? What if they got Robert Rodriguez to direct?" "Nonono, Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino! Yeah! And then they could get a cast like, uh, Bruce Willis and Michael Clarke Duncan and Benicio Del Toro" "Oo, they should also get, like, Jessica Alba and Clive Owen!" "Yeahyeah! And maybe Elijah Wood and Nick Stahl and Michael Madsen!" "Hah, yeah...that'd be fucked up. Too bad it'd never happen, right? . . . "

That thread didn't have the Marv poster. Which isn't as sexy as the other three mind you, but still worth posting. Actually I gonna post all four some we don't have ta follow that link.

SCKing.jpg

Jamie King, sexy, but leaves too little to the imagination...

SCAlba.jpg

Ok, this is much better, but I think there's still room for a littl emore sexiness...

SCDawson.jpg

Awesome....

And of course, Mickey Rourke:

SCRourke.jpg

Hey David

Actually, finished at Notts now and am doing my Masters in beautiful Boston, Massachussetts. Where are you currently residing? Still enjoying the England relocation or are you now elsewhere?

Sorry to break up the thread. Someone a while ago told me Josh Hartnett was going to play Marv in Sin City and I almost had a heart attack until I found out it was eroneous. Its not nice to do that to someone... :D

Whose everyone's fave character by the way? Kevin has to come close for me. Closely followed by deadly little Miho. :D

Mickey Rourke is playing Marv, but Josh Hartnett is in the movie. He credited as playing 'The Employee.' Here's the cast list at IMDb:

Jessica Alba .... Nancy Callahan

Devon Aoki .... Miho

Maria Bello .... Ava Lord

Alexis Bledel .... Becky

Rosario Dawson .... Gail

Benicio Del Toro .... Jack Rafferty

Jason Douglas .... Hitman

Michael Clarke Duncan .... Manute

Lauren-Elaine Edleson .... Old Town Girl

Rick Gomez .... Mr. Shlubb

Carla Gugino .... Lucille

Josh Hartnett .... The Employee

Jaime King .... Goldie/Wendy

Michael Madsen .... Bob

Ethan Maniquis .... Bozo #1

Jason McDonald .... Ronnie

Brittany Murphy .... Shellie

Sherrell Murphy-Ramos .... Molly prince

Tommy Nix .... Weeval

Clive Owen .... Dwight

Mickey Rourke .... Marv

Marley Shelton .... The Customer

Nick Stahl .... Junior/Yellow Bastard

Scott Teeters .... Lenny/Benny

Ken Thomas .... Bozo #2

Makenzie Vega .... Young Nancy

Arie Verveen .... Murphy

Chris Warner .... Bozo #3

Bruce Willis .... Hartigan

Katherine Willis .... Nurse

Elijah Wood .... Kevin

And here's the link to the page with this cast, so you can click the names of the actor you don't recognize to get their filmographies and pictures.

Hey David

Actually, finished at Notts now and am doing my Masters in beautiful Boston, Massachussetts. Where are you currently residing? Still enjoying the England relocation or are you now elsewhere?

I'll catch up with you in the bars so as not to break up this thread...

Whose everyone's fave character by the way? Kevin has to come close for me. Closely followed by deadly little Miho. :D

Of what Sin City I've read it's Miho, not sure about the chick from 2Fast 2Furious as her but fuck it, it's not a speaking part... :D

It'll be odd seeing Rourke as Marv, last movie I saw him in was Animal Factory so a slight difference in roles! :D

Just re-read all the comics to get more hyped about the film. So pleased about the three they picked to adapt, Sin City, The Big Fat Kill and That Yellow Bastard because those are obviously the best three.

I think Hell and Back and Dame to Kill for are pretty lame by comparison.

Which begs the question...if this film does well, how will any kind of sequel fare?? ???

Yeah, Johnny Deep was going to play one character (I forget whihc one), but it was a character from one of the story arcs they decided not to go with. Rodriguez says that as long as they are successful and he keeps getting the green light, he wants to eventually adapt all of Miller's stories, it which case, when he adapts the one with the character Deep wanted to play (which Rodriguez says he'll do in the next one), both Deep and Rodriguez have agreed to working with each other.

Who's this mysterious Johnny Deep? Is he in like Edward Penishands?

Depp (sic) could perhaps work well as the lead from 'To Hell and Back'. I have to say though, I'm not sure about the plans to adapt all of the stories as some are weaker than others.

I know this is better suited to the comics section but, is Miller still writing Sin City comics?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice having broadband again. Gave this a watch.

It looks stunning doesn't it. The music in the advert is awesome, anyone know what it is. Gives a real sense of tension and urgency.

Benny Del Toro looks great as does Clive Owen as Dwight. Also, I'm with you deac, Elija Wood appearing in the doorway as Kevin is mighty creepy.

Looking forward to seeing Nick Stahl getting his cock and balls ripped off. Hoping the film don't skimp on the nasty stuff.

Just looking at the credits. Didn't know Rutger Hauer was playing Cardinal Rourke. Thats made my day. :D

Archived