Hondo's Bar

The Office

The NZA

HA! I looked up her IMDB and it has no picture, but the entry for The Catherine Tate show has a picture of Nan Taylor. No, she isn't that old. Eddie Murphy didn't really gain all that weight for The Nutty Professor either :2T:

I watched like 3 seasons of her sketch comedy show on Netflix a while back, it has some pretty funny moments. If you like modern british sketch comedy anyway. It's no Mitchell & Webb or anything, but I liked it.

Arnet's aassholes are really more of a middle ground between Carrell and Gervais. Brent was an awful person, Gob Bluth was just hateful and retarded.

You can take your Ray Romano love and giiiiit out. What the hell are you basing this on? He's a piece of shit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Todd Packer been offered? I mean he only pops up here and there but fuck me he'd make like hard. And there's only so long he can stay in Kentucky looking for a job that doesn't exist.

When I first heard about this, my theory was that he was gonna get the job.

My google search of Catherine Tate brought up an ugly redhead in a schoolgirl's uniform. Still wouldn't touch it with Haku's angry inch.

Oh, are we picking based on fuckability? THAT'S why Haku likes Romano.

No, Tate is not a handsome woman.

1251012729.jpg

MYaaaaah. My brother's tall and my wife doesn't cook very well. My parents like to drop by unannounced.

Whatever monster was sitting in a pitch meeting and decided that premise was a good idea for a show surely has a special spot reserved in hell.

Given the opportunity tho, I would split Patricia Heaton like a cord of wood.

As long as she remained completely silent (which is actually pretty reasonable, considering she would be under the effects of a heroic dose of Rhohipnol).

I've only really seen glenn beck be less funny.

I wouldn't say based on, but fuckability factors. In terms of ugly but charismatic overseers The Office already has Kathy Bates.

And you think about fuckin' Gen Y and all it's manchildren living at home into their 30's and shit, it's not suprising at all how successful that show was.

still in awe an actor like Peter Boyle took part in that show. i guess it was easy money, at least.

wait, so the Ricky Gervais (sp?) stuff already went down, yeah? i dropped this show right before the wedding, but if there's any particular episode highlights (Ferrel used to be awesome but now defines hit/miss for me), lemme know, ill check em out.

• 2 months later...

Taken from NBC.com

Multiple Emmy Winner James Spader Joins the Cast of NBC's "The Office" as the New CEO of Sabre Dunder-Mifflin

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - July 6, 2011 -- Multiple Emmy Award winner James Spader ("Boston Legal," "The Practice") will be joining the regular cast of NBC's "The Office" (Thursdays, 9-9:30 p.m. ET) as CEO Robert California of Sabre, the parent company of Dunder Mifflin.

"James will reprise his role as Robert California, this uber-salesman that has a power to convince and manipulate, like a high-class weirdo Jedi warrior," said Paul Lieberstein, one of the series' executive producers and a series regular. "He'll have been hired over the summer as the new manager, but within hours, got himself promoted. Within days, he took over the company. James has an energy that is completely his own, and 'The Office' has no tools for dealing with this guy. We're thrilled he's joining our cast."

Some of Spader's credits include: Steven Soderbergh's "sex, lies and videotape," which won him the Best Actor award at the Cannes Film Festival; David Croenenberg's "Crash," which won the Special Jury Prize at Cannes; and Steven Shainberg's "Secretary," which won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Feature. His other film credits include "2 Days in the Valley," "Wolf," and "Less Than Zero." Spader will be shooting Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks feature "Lincoln" later this year while he is shooting "The Office."

From 2004-08, Spader won three Emmy awards for his seminal role as shameless attorney Alan Shore in "The Practice" and "Boston Legal," making him the only actor to win consecutive Emmys playing the same character on two different series. He is represented at ICM and Melanie Cook.

From Deedle-Dee Productions, Reveille and Universal Media Studios comes the award-winning comedy series "The Office," the hilarious documentary-style look into the humorous and sometimes poignant foolishness that plagues the world of 9-to-5 in the half-hour comedy based on the award-winning BBC hit. A fly-on-the-wall "docu-reality" parody about modern American office life, "The Office" delves into the lives of the workers at Dunder Miffflin, a paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Pam Beesly Halpert (Jenna Fischer, "Walk Hard," "Blades of Glory") is the former office receptionist now office administrator. Pam's office romance with sales rep Jim Halpert (John Krasinski, "Away We Go" "It's Complicated") quickly evolved into marriage followed by the birth of their daughter Cecilia. Jim shares his working space with Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson, "The Rocker,") the arrogant assistant to the regional manager whose responsibilities have expanded as the new owner of the office building. Ryan Howard (B.J. Novak, "Inglorious Basterds") is the young, smart, former temp, whose fall from grace as a Dunder Mifflin executive quickly landed him back at the bottom of the food chain in Scranton. Andy Bernard (Ed Helms, "The Hangover") is the preppy salesman and die-hard Cornell alumni whose endless and unique musical talents keep the office entertained. A surprising relationship has also formed between Andy and the ambitious distribution coordinator Darryl Philbin (Craig Robinson, "Hot Tub Time Machine"), who moved his office from the warehouse to the main floor alongside Michael and his staff.

Also starring are Leslie David Baker ("Malcolm in the Middle"), Brian Baumgartner ("Arrested Development"), Kate Flannery ("The Heir Apparent"), Mindy Kaling ("No Strings Attached"), Angela Kinsey ("Furry Vengeance"), Paul Lieberstein (writer, "King of the Hill"), Oscar Nuñez ("The Proposal"), Phyllis Smith ("Bad Teacher"), Creed Bratton (former member of The Grass Roots), Ellie Kemper ("Bridesmaids") and Zach Woods ("The Other Guys").

"The Office" is executive-produced by Ben Silverman, Greg Daniels, who developed the series for American audiences, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Howard Klein and Paul Lieberstein.

Jim is the obvious choice and the producers already skimmed over that issue nicely last season when Jim rejected the manager's position to make more money as a salesman. He kinda changed his tune once Dwight & Creed came to power, but I'm still thinking he's a red herring. Pam has been slacking in sales, but is she really manager material? Meh. As far as the office staff goes, I say Andy has the best shot simply b/c Ed Helms is becoming the biggest star on the show w/ his success in the Hangover films.

JZA, it was either a 2 parter finale or a long episode, it had everyone mentioned in it and it was pretty awesome.

despite the Romano factor

I say Andy has the best shot simply b/c Ed Helms is becoming the biggest star on the show w/ his success in the Hangover films.

That is a really good point and it had never occurred to me before.

• 2 months later...

Archived