Hondo's Bar

Nintendo DS & Sony PSP

Jables

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can honestly say that the DS is my favorite system right now. I play it more than all my other systems combined. There are a ton of great games on it, including some hard to find gems like Hotel Dusk. (I'm working on that one now, it's like a hard boiled film noir mystery point and click adventure) And the convienece and easy of the wireless multiplay can't be beat. Hell, you can play between 4 and 8 people in mario kart on ONE game pak (albiet at SOME reduced features).

P.S. - Elite Beat Agents is a RIOT! OH! And don't get me started about the prospect of wirelessly using the DS as a controller for Wii games.

ill have to look up Hotel Dusk, never heard of it...and yeah, ive heard a lotta good on the innovative DS library as well, bishop's been trying to sell me via Phoenix Wright and others for a while. im interested, just not as many titles jumping at me at the moment.

Curious about your ideas for the DS as a Wii controller, too. What games do you think it'd work best with?

Must admit the Remote play feature is quite a nice touch

Still learning how that works....so, if my PS3's on, i can access its files through the PSP?

ive got TVersity as a media server from my PC to PS3 but its not that reliable, im trying to get Windows Media Player setup with it but my router's giving me shit...

(+[__]+) PSP

[::[__]::] Nintendo DS

[+[__]+]

• 4 weeks later...

SOF, you should check out what Leipzig or whatever that recent gernam show premierd: a PS3 digital tuner, Tivo-like apparatus, all kindsa shit that's gonna be awesome in the EU and suck over here. They even got it so you could record a show in HD on your PS3, then remote play it to your PSP and watch it elsewhere! hot shit.

Anyone know about properly ripping PS1 ISO's? I gotta ask bishop about this, i got some PS1 games i definitely wanna play when i end up getting a PSP slim later this year, just wanna know what to use to properly rip em: nero, alcohol, etc?

Also: PSP wallpapers

• 5 months later...

i seriously had to sit down and make a list to determine if i wanted a DS or PSP more, and here's what it came to:

PSP - really good emulation, from some PC games to Sega CD, apparently.

games i wanna play:

Patapon

Jean d'arc

Locoroco

Metal Gear: Portable Ops +

Silent Hill Origins (coming to PS2 soon though)

Katamari?

mebbe some of the digital graphic novels, i dig those.

DS - good uh, GBA playing. also, bootleggery!

games i wanna play:

Hotel Dusk

Dementium: The Ward

Mario 64

New Mario Bros

mario kart

zelda

FF III

animal crossing

FF XII

metroid prime

castlevania (sorrow & portrait)

elite beat agnets

children of mana

Clubhouse Games/puzzle quest,

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

trauma center

and a "mebbe" list of brain age, cooking mama, advance wars 2, nintendoggies, contra, RE, touch the dead, death jr, mario & luigi: partners in time, electroplankton, sonic rush, Meteos, and others.

then, when Losifer showed me even GBA is :love: i was sold; to me, the GBA was like a portable SNES and that's something i barely avoided getting for years now.

Really, i want a PSP and there's some quality titles, no doubt. God of War wont hurt that any, and the PS3 use sounds awesome. hell, part of me wanted to emulate classic SCUMM games on there since you (tor) got me playing Escape from Monkey Island again recently. but looking at being able to get just 1 of hte 2, i cant justify it over that lineup.

Well don't take me for a Playstation fanboy, yes if Playstation 2 was a woman I would wreck that bitch for all the titles I've enjoyed the shit out of and but the PS3 is a big shiny monolith of shit that costs way too much money (just like an Xbox!) and Xbox 360 has taken PS2's place as "We have the weakest machine but our game library can beat up your game library" which is good.

All in all as far as these two current handhelds go, I don't like either. I'll just stick with my gameboy color and the 3 games I have for it (Because all you really need in life are Tetris, Kirby, and Pok'eMon)

As someone who has/had both handhelds, i can say that they are awesome. BUT, if you wanna factor in :love: , i would take the DS just cause its less of a hassle. Though both, as Nick pointed out, are pretty capable pieces of hardware.

BTW, ur stuff is ready Nick.

As I said I can shell out too much money for something I'll probably break or continue living with my gameboy color which still brings me much joy. If I want to play DS I'll steal my niece's because I am secure enough in my masculinity to play a pink DS (I honestly wish I had one so I could put guitar hero stickers all over it and pretend that that makes it look cooler and more manly)

and but the PS3 is a big shiny monolith of shit that costs way too much money (just like an Xbox!) and Xbox 360 has taken PS2's place as "We have the weakest machine but our game library can beat up your game library" which is good.

ah, that's nearly skeet-level fanboy talk right there, and ignores the fact there's alll of $50 difference between the current PS3 and 360. It was cool to bash the PS3 last year, i fear '08 is going to be a harsh reality for those of you who've picked a contender and need constant reaffirmation that it's the right one.

that said, as far as the handhelds, if there's any great games im missing on either list, feel free to add! and Los, you're the tops. my job is about to become infinitely more bearable.

am i right about the friend code thing, is it the same as the wii? ive heard you have to add one for each freakin' game you wanna play too though.

am i right about the friend code thing, is it the same as the wii? ive heard you have to add one for each freakin' game you wanna play too though.

Hell's no. At least not with the games I've played online (MK, Bleach...others). but i think my bro mentioned something about Animal crossing needing one.

ah, that's nearly skeet-level fanboy talk right there, and ignores the fact there's alll of $50 difference between the current PS3 and 360. It was cool to bash the PS3 last year, i fear '08 is going to be a harsh reality for those of you who've picked a contender and need constant reaffirmation that it's the right one.

that said, as far as the handhelds, if there's any great games im missing on either list, feel free to add! and Los, you're the tops. my job is about to become infinitely more bearable.

its funny to think, wayne was going on about this, a fully specced up wii, additional remotes etc, is up there on price levels with a ps3 nowadays.... the ps3 has fallen a good bit in price too, and as an owner of both the 360 and ps3, the 360 feels poorly built and rushed by comparison. not to mention both having near enough the same games with a few exclusives either side. whats more, the interface of the ps3 is great, the fact its an actual computer moreso than a console and the blu ray player comes inbuilt, instead of being a pricy optional extra... so Technically, the ps3 is cheaper than a 360 would be, if you were to have the 360 actually compete with what the ps3 has.

Well the 360 is a monolithic piece of shit too (and I'm not just saying that to piss Skeet off, though it helps) but I'm more inclined to spend too much money on something with a bunch of games I like. I mean so far PS3 is the "Wait, it'll get better" console which was what I heard coming from Xbox its entire lifespan and that day never came. I've yet to think any of them are worth buying and I'm buying all the titles that are still coming out for PS2 (I'm so glad they're bringing Twisted Metal Small Brawl out!) and the Wii Wiiaste of my time as much like the DS it's cool until you get over the novelty and then it's just "Oh okay... and it's only got like 2 things going for it."

But admittedly Gears of War and Halo 3 aren't going to get me to run out and buy a 360, but then again even the orange box can't coax me into buying nextgen.

And as a final note, achievements are also a gimmick for many games. Some they're fun for, most of them they're just annoying and pointless. And before Skeeter has a chance to reply, tie a bungee cord to around your neck, hook the other end to your rectum lean back really far and eat your own asshole you fanboy fuck! Much love :love:

• 1 month later...

Oh, bootlegging. I can never quit on you.

PSP.jpg

25 gigs of PSP/PS1 games, and an 8 gig card waiting for me at Bish's. This flight to Oz is becoming more bearable.

Cant wait till Crisis Core on 3/25, i might just play some FF VII again to get ready for it.

I dunno how this thread became about 360-bashing, but I've said all I ned to on the matter and not owning a PS3 clearly impedes my qualified opinion on the matter. Nick- I look forward to having a look at your pimped out PSP when you arrive, especially God of War since we don't have it in Oz yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
for the record, i think you totally forgot to play God of War and that's a shame. at least Dr. Steve's got it going.

I played about a minute of it before something else all bright & moving fast captured my attention. Was okay. How are PSPs to read comics on? I find myself at the moment carrying my laptop around to read all the DLed stuff I have and it's a pain on the bus.

theyre not bad; better than DS's, the screen's really sharp but still small, so if you read books with big spreads (Blade of the Immortal, Berserk etc) its kind of a bitch.

so, Rock Band, Assassin's Creed and a few other PSP titles announced, big one for me was Persona 1 remake, with extra stuff - i can finally finish this game one day! here's to part 2 later on for newt's sake.

Archived