Hondo's Bar

the aquabats vs. less than jake

invisiblecola

I'm going to be more lenient than 2, but can I just say that Godfinger are an embaresment onto themselves.

Less than Jake are fun at times but I could never imagine myself taking them seriously. I don't know the other dudes, so unless you add an option for the Specials I'm going to null my vote.

Less than Jake are fun at times but I could never imagine myself taking them seriously.

Do you take any ska band seriously? I'm a big fan of the the rx bandits and reel big fish, but my favorite #1 ska band has to be Catch 22. Not that they did anything great after Keasbey Night, but Keasbey Nights is the kind of album that justifies a whoel genre's existance. I also dig Save Ferris.

I'm assuming it was open opinion

ps

I never really got big into the ska scene, but LTJ is pretty good live. Lots of energy, and interesting characters. I think anyone you see live is going to make you like them more, though perhaps. RBF was good live too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Granted Less than Jake is a really good band, but come on, The Aquabats think they're super heroes. When it comes to being creative and fun you've gotta go with the bats.

Their song "chemical bomb" is a perfect example, its a lounge type sounding song but the lyrics include "chemical bomb, chemical bomb, eyes melt, skin explodes, everybody's dead"

I was lucky enough to get to see them in concert just recently and I now claim it as the best show I've been to.

Aquabats are seriously the most awesomest ska band. The sing about the most random shit ever, it's awesome. Less than jake is cool too, but I'll have to go with my superheros. The specials are cool, Catch

22 is another really good ska band. Reel big fish hasn't come out with anything good lately... if not nothing at all? Mustrad plug is pretty talented methinks, definitely check them out...

OH, introduction: Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all. You seem like an awesome bunch! Let the good times roll! CHEERS!

Btw, Nick Listen to this song called "super rad" or "pool party" or "the cat with two heads" or one of my personal favorites "PIZZA PARTY!"

:howyoudoin:

I love me some less than jake. The aquabats are really funny and creative, and they're a very good band, but song for song they just don't match up musically IMO.

Oh, and it was probably a mistake asking "who is the ultimate ska boss" because noone would ever call either of these bands the best ska band ever. Hell LTJ is one of my favorite bands and I wouldn't call them the best ska band ever. That probably goes to Operation Ivy IMO.

• 1 month later...

You should really check out certain albums, as opposed to songs.

Their first album "Return of the aquabats" is great, then they're third one "Aquabats VS. The floating eye of death!", my personal fave. And they recently dropped a new one called "charge!", its also excellent.

Songs:

"Lover's of loving love"

"playdough"

"nerd alert"

"fashion zombies"

"stuck in a movie"

• 2 weeks later...
D-Fluff turned me onto the Aquabats. A while ago we watched some live stuff on a DVD he has, and shiiiiiiiiit it was awesome! Great stage presence.

haha! I bought the DVD for my older bro, we're all aquabat fans. Yeah that shit was tightttttttttt. I love how the interact well with the crowd, ubber Rad.

iaquabats3ox.jpg

Archived