Hondo's Bar

Favorite Meat

Reverend Jax

What's your favorite kind fo meat?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

YEAH!

Might put the idea over in the con thread to start fielding complaints and moral outrage. My personal opinion on hunting is this: Humans are as worthless as any other creature and the only one that probably outbreeds us are cockroaches, so hunting for sport's a dick move(unless it's people).

Edited by The JZA

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you watch Game of Thrones? Tywin Lannister made it look fairly painless. I guess a key part of the process would be somehow draining the blood or something.

Idunno, my imagination's been captured by the idea of hunting my own meal ever since I dated a girl from Montana and she's tell me tales of hunting deer for the winter with her family.

1. Pork - a nice roast or some wiener schnitzel

2. Venison - be it Bambi Burgers with a hint of worcestershire or BBQ backstraps

3. Chicken - cuz I can eat chicken Cesar salads forever!

Hunting is only fun when you actually get to shoot something...Growing up in the FL Everglades was a blast...but I spent too many early fucking mornings and late ass evenings in a tree-stand, soaked & freezing cold with nothing to keep me company but bullfrogs, a rifle & a pistol...rather get an Argentine Dogo & go for some wild hogs...mean fuckers...but how can ya say no to venison...too tasty to pass up!

Cleaning & field-dressing ain't a big deal...take 30 minutes & nothing goes to waste...butchering the actual meat takes a bit longer and requires a bit more finesse...but when one of your uncles was a butcher...everything is gravy!

1. Pork - a nice roast or some wiener schnitzel

2. Venison - be it Bambi Burgers with a hint of worcestershire or BBQ backstraps

3. Chicken - cuz I can eat chicken Cesar salads forever!

Hunting is only fun when you actually get to shoot something...Growing up in the FL Everglades was a blast...but I spent too many early fucking mornings and late ass evenings in a tree-stand, soaked & freezing cold with nothing to keep me company but bullfrogs, a rifle & a pistol...rather get an Argentine Dogo & go for some wild hogs...mean fuckers...but how can ya say no to venison...too tasty to pass up!

Cleaning & field-dressing ain't a big deal...take 30 minutes & nothing goes to waste...butchering the actual meat takes a bit longer and requires a bit more finesse...but when one of your uncles was a butcher...everything is gravy!

That's it. We officially need you for HondosCon 2012. Welcome to the party.

Sweeeeeeeet! I got a 30/30 & a .308 itching for another shot at some bucks & a lil smith & wesson for some piggies! And daddy even mentioned something 'bout getting me a new set of butchering instrumentation since my old antiques were in sad shape!

Archery is kinda tricky...for a clean through and through shot...that bow has got to be TIGHT...and it ain't an easy task pulling back on a big game bow.

Archery is kinda tricky...for a clean through and through shot...that bow has got to be TIGHT...and it ain't an easy task pulling back on a big game bow.

TrumothafuckinFAX right there. I couldn't pull my uncle's compound past the break point until I was in highschool, and it still takes effort. But once you get it, you can hold it all day, and you feel like a badass launching an arrow bordering on the speed of light.

With the sights on a lot of snazzy bows though, aiming can be pretty laughably easy. I've split arrow on multiple occasions. Anytime a target is moving though takes a special kind of skill.

State lines? LOL Ain't no thing, darlin'! Grew up taking the rifles to the airport when we'd head up to PA...check them in with the regular luggage...even with 9/11 and everything you can still fly with them...just with heavy duty cases & locks...in a car or truck they just need to be...I wanna say...difficult to get to...in a case, in the trunk with a trigger lock...I don't have my concealed weapons permit yet...so the more steps it takes to get to it, the better off you are.

I'm gonna take a peek at the compound bow selection at Bass Pro next trip...see if I can hang with the big boys...or just be the glorified butcher...win-win any which way, really.

Edited by SevynTNein

If you've never shot a compound before, do yourself a favor and buy a wristguard too, because you will end up hitting yourself with the string, and it will leave a purple welt otherwise.

Yup. Might want something to protect your fingers, as well (though I imagine that it won't be as bad on them with a compound).

Yup. Might want something to protect your fingers, as well (though I imagine that it won't be as bad on them with a compound).

You're quite right, and it's no different with a compound. Personally, I use a release aid.

A lot like this one.

cobrarelease.jpg

Let's you pull back without concentrating the full strength of your arm on the tips of your fingers, it's distributed better. And you can pull the release slowly like a trigger.

Some people don't like 'em, though. In which case you're better off just buying a finger thing. I bet if you find an archery range that lets you use their stuff, they'll have some options for ya. You can probably try out a recurve bow too, which are fun, but it feels like some caveman shit after using the modern technological wonder of a compound.