• 2 years later...

New Cable & Deadpool miniseries titled Deadpool & Cable: Split Second

DPandCABLEsplitsec.0.jpg

DEADPOOL & CABLE: SPLIT SECOND #1

Written by FABIAN NICIEZA & REILLY BROWN

Penciled by REILLY BROWN

Cover by REILLY BROWN

Variant cover by KRIS ANKA

Call them a duo with a special kind of dynamics ... call them the odd couple but with guns ... call them 90s comics distilled down into two characters — DEADPOOL AND CABLE ARE BACK, BABY! That’s right — The Merc with the Mouth and the Soldier with the Scowl are together again in this all-new series! When Cable gets a vision of a terrible future set off by the death of one man, he knows he must protect him no matter what! I’ll get you three guesses who’s been hired to kill that guy. Go on, guess. The fan favorite team of Fabian Nicieza & Reilly Brown have reunited to get the gang back together — and it feels so good!

rbxHqtm.jpg

so, on a recommendation, i read through The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (volume 3/ongoing, #'s 15-19 but you really gotta start at # 13 for the big details), and...this was surprisingly good, probably the best Deadpool story i've yet read. Duggan & Posehn totally start the arc with the zany Wade that you see in every other story, but go somewhere a lot more interesting with him...recommending this one for fans of the character.

The only Summers I can stand these days is Alex and pre-Secret Wars he had been turned into a deformed asswad, hopefully they tie that up once they're done with Crisis on Infinite Spider-Mans. Though I really enjoyed teenaged Scott in his solo series, probably the first time I've liked Cyclops since grade school. Fuck Cable though, each passing year sees him become more of a relic and teaming him up with Deadpool just means Deadpool has to work harder to carry his dead weight. Bring X-Man back, maybe someone can do a good take on him.