Hondo's Bar

Drink Guinness, it's good for you!

bostano

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got one of those extra strong Guinesses for the very first time, they come in little bottles and they're around 8% proof so you probably get the same alcohol from a full pint, but with less bowel worrying black stuff.

• 3 months later...

8.6 is decent, as is that blend of bavaria, but you gotta look to rochefort 10... 11.2 percent, or sanmichlaus bier, 14 percent.... they'll fuck ya up

and if ever you find yourself in "shudder" france, there is a beer, amsterdam maximator, 12 or so percent, and its under a euro a can.... Pure hobo bait....

i havent drank guinness in a while for a number of reasons, last two pints i had were so vulgar and disgusting i nearly lost my stomach.... its clear the taps were filthy, the guinness had been tampered with and the pint wasn't poured right.....

two, my usual pub i go to, the porterhouse, brews its own stout without half the crap that they put into guinness and is Actually good for you, especially the oyster stout, i like the fact too that seeing as there is no chemicals in their house beers, they leave minimal hangovers in the morning... whats more the taste of the house stouts leave the slight bitter vinegary taste you can get with guinness out...

three, my usual pub doesnt sell guinness

four, most pubs i go to don't sell good pints and dont take care of their taps

yeah, it is, right in the heart of dublin.... the porterhouse... they brew their own beers that make guinness taste like dirt, and are chemical free, natural ingredients and are cheap enough too... they only sell their own stuff on tap, apart from the occasional guest beer, and the guest beers are usually organic and natural too.... if ever you're in dublin you should check it out

nanno, im actually really picky about what i drink, ask crimsonfire... and leffe brun is actually nice... its a fair bit harsher/bitterer than the blonde, not as sweet, but i like it... i'd give it a shot, but if you're looking for anything beer wise, i'd reccomend one, "Westmalle Tripel"

its strong, 9.5 percent, but its really nice... failing getting that, Kwak or Duvel are favorites of mine...

(fuck, im the only 19 year old i know who is a walking encyclopedia on belgian beer)

Archived