Hondo's Bar

Mystery Science Theater 3000 & Rifftrax

Name a couple of your favorite movies!

I absolutely love, LOVVEEE these space people! It sucks that after watching enough of their movies you acquire that tendency to make fun of every shity movie you encounter. Sometimes it's annoying but I try to catch myself or just make fun of it quietly with my friend next to me. Or I'll just laugh to myself and look crazy.

So without further adieu the following are some of my favorite movies, with some of their quotes. Please feel free to recommend any and give your personal thoughts on any of my favs. ADD Your Own today and Join the fun!

1. This Island Earth - Can be yours if the price is right!

This was the actual movie that can out on theaters. Extremely funny. It's about a scientist who gets abducted by aliens for his intelligence. They want him and his lovely co-star to save their dying planet. A planet full of mutants that have visible scrotums! Watch them as they try to escape this awful alien planet!

2. The Pumaman - The Pu-ma-man?

Fucking hilarious! It's about this British guy? who acquires an ancient old Aztec power of the Puma. Watch him morph from a lame skinny white guy into an ultra awesomely dorky superhero that can out run 5mph cars! Watch as the Pumaman, trusty sidekick Bideno (onion in Spanish) and his lovely girlfriend (some blonde chick with frosted colored eyes), out smart the Boss and his gang of morons!

3. Hobgoblins - It's the 80s do a lot coke and vote for Ronald Regan!

Come on! The name just asks for a ranking and a spanking! This one's about this lame dude who wants to get the hottest chick, but of course she's like the biggest slut. Her fashion includes wearing condoms on her blouses. So, no money no hoe. He gets a job as a security for this movie production warehouse of some sort? The older security warns him not to open a specific door because it has little horrors! And of course, much to our pleasure, HE Disobeys! Enter Hobgoblins! Oh and the Casio piano soundtrack is just memorable.

4. Jack Frost - Nasktingka am I unbearable?

Russian flick for kids, I'm assuming. Watch as the main characters undergo a tremendous adventure that includes the male turning into a bear because he doesn't know what good deeds are. But apparently, thinking of a good deed is better than actually doing one. - And now's he's human again. Then, he must save the girl who has turned into ice because she touched Jack Frost's Magical Staff. It also includes cute lil bears kidnapping stool sized mushrooms!!!

So.... any one have any recommendations?

Edited by Senshik

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Tom Servo is ma boi. But yeah, it would be nice to see more ppl with this...See, this is why i offered more HD space...to lk share files like MST3k. Then again, i really dont know how this whole forum/storage/file thing werks. :play:

oh, well....youd need server space, or somehwere that's online to FTP it to so its hosted, then we could just link to it and stream/download off that host.

Once im hired on & make more, i intend to upgrade us, i think we can get several more gigs of space for somethin like $5-10 more a month, and that's when i was thinkin of hosting more mp3s, comics, and episodes of such.

haha nono, i wasnt tryin to jack the drive, honest injun - but unless you want to setup that drive with an FTP and keep it online (which is an option) im not sure how else to host stuff that can be accessed online.

We could do somethin like that if you wanted, like whatever episdoes and such you wanted to share, just schedule when it'll be online and the FTP details, tho im not sure how many people here jump on it...i host a few video files here & there, and they usually get no more than a dozen downloads.

Ah...well, im not sure if ur picking up what im throwing down, I have a computer that i can give away for the sake of the forum. the whole FTP thing seems like a good idea, but thats why i wanted to toss it over to you...i really dont know how to set up all that stuff...web shyt is one of the things i lack know-how in. :play:

Edited by Losifer

• 2 months later...

Here are two more flicks that need to be checked out!

Agent for H.A.R.M.S. - Just thinking about this is making fucking laugh. This one's a low budget James Bond type of flick from the 60s, a really really bad one.

Favorite moments are when everytime our hero enters a door in a dramatic way you'll hear Tom Servo or Crow immitate the James Bond theme - PARA PARRRAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I think I've started to annoy Nick and LL with me doing that all week.

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - A children's film from the 60s, a very heart warming film indeed. The martian children it seem lack joy and happiness of the Earth kids, so what does the leader of their world do? He decides to travel to Earth in efforts of kidnapping Santa Claus!

This one is plain silliness! Makes you wonder why people would make such films!

3. Hobgoblins - It's the 80s do a lot coke and vote for Ronald Regan!

Come on! The name just asks for a ranking and a spanking! This one's about this lame dude who wants to get the hottest chick, but of course she's like the biggest slut. Her fashion includes wearing condoms on her blouses. So, no money no hoe. He gets a job as a security for this movie production warehouse of some sort? The older security warns him not to open a specific door because it has little horrors! And of course, much to our pleasure, HE Disobeys! Enter Hobgoblins! Oh and the Casio piano soundtrack is just memorable.

OH man I'm sitting here at work checking out the dvds on sale for this show and I came across a forum talking about Hobgoblins. It reminded me of this scene at the very end of the flick when some asshole trys to steal something from the warehouse and is being persued by our hero (dun dun dun!)

Okay scene setting: Nightfall. Bad guy wearing jacket running away from hero ends up being cornerd by a wall. there is a short period of time when he looks lost. What you see is his shadow against the wall and THEN you hear Mike, Servo, and Crow sing AHA's Take on Me. Because it really does look he came outta the video.

Man, I tell you (again) Hobgoblins is a classic.

IC and I saw this other one called "Zombie Nightmare" or somethign. Omg, one of the worst movies ever!

One line that we both die laughing about (because it also reminds us of something Jax might say) is when our 17 yr old protagonist comes home to mother empty handed, she asks him:

"where are the groceries you were supposed to buy?"

The actor does this ridiculous hair sweeping motion to get it outta his face, then right at the moment you hear Mike say:

"But I'm tooooooooo dreeeeaaaaamy to go Groooocery Shopping!"

Oh man I gotta add, Adam West is in this particular flick. If you're a fan of his you might not want to see this cuz they're pretty harsh on him!

Btw, YOu can enjoy these flicks on Youtube.com!!! All you have to do is type in MST3K in the search bar, behold! You have most the funnier ones there! (I encourage you to check it out! try THE PUMAMAN!!!)

Edited by Senshik

yeah, you might have to look around for it, but find a single one, then onna bar to the right, click 'show all videos" and youre homefree, its a great selection, though most are broken up into 1/10 parts.

I gotta see the MST3k movie, now.

"End of the line for you! Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose."

"...and sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much."

Where do you start?, I still havn't seen technically every episode. Its quite the endeavor. Favorite ones would be, off the top of my head, of course "this island earth", "mitchel" is most likely all time fav, the "hercules" ones are also really good, "magic voyage of sinbad", and the one I show to friends to get them into mst3k is the short "The Chicken Of Tomorrow", it always kills 'em.

This Island earth! I love that one! (btw, this one was the actual movie for those of you who didn't know)

One of my favorite lines in that movie is:

Meecham(protagonist) is holding a huge rock over his head about to throw it at Exeter,

Exeter: Meecham I want to help you!

Crow: YOU'RE HOLDING A MUTANT TURD!!!!

remember that line? That shit cracks me all the time!

Edited by Senshik