Hondo's Bar

Mystery Science Theater 3000 & Rifftrax

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh...MST. As you know, those good old days are gone. But there is a rebirth on the horizon, how u may ask? Check out:

http://www.rifftrax.com/

Yes ladies and gentlemen, Mike Nelson returns with a few old friends to rip today's movies apart. Sample some of the rifftrax and purchase your favorites (watch the X-men sample. Hilarious.). See new ones coming soon. It may not be MST, but this is the closest its gonna get for now and it ain't half-bad.

Edited by Losifer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It makes me sad cuz it never happened NewT. But someday, someday, I promise.

Eli (LL owns him) gave me a MST3K DVD with Manos hands of Fate in it along with Santa Clause conquers the mars! So I finally saw Manos and it was alright. My bro Los was right, it's an over rated MST3K movie. It was funny and all with the whole Torgo thing, but not the greatest flick. There are others that are way funnier...

But um, my bro los burned me a cd with HORROR AT PARTY BEACH and I finally saw it last night and MAN, NOW that shit was none stop laughter. I recomend this one for sure!

It makes me sad cuz it never happened NewT. But someday, someday, I promise.

Eli (LL owns him) gave me a MST3K DVD with Manos hands of Fate in it along with Santa Clause conquers the mars! So I finally saw Manos and it was alright. My bro Los was right, it's an over rated MST3K movie. It was funny and all with the whole Torgo thing, but not the greatest flick. There are others that are way funnier...

But um, my bro los burned me a cd with HORROR AT PARTY BEACH and I finally saw it last night and MAN, NOW that shit was none stop laughter. I recomend this one for sure!

Forget Nick. I say sometime after megacon we do this with or without him. Try to get whatever copys we can get a little group of people an enjoy a weekend of drunk MST 3000 marathon.

• 8 months later...

Firstly, I'd like to thank my bro Losifer for burning a DVD with the rifftrax to 300, Terminator 3, and The Matrix!!! Reviews forthcoming!!!

What are "Rifftrax", you ask? Well... it's basically commentaries to various feature films with Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy (AKA Tom Servo!!!!). How it works? you basically put on your dvd movie and play the commentary. They sync well, I didn't have problems with it. When you listen to each commentary, at the very begining Mike explains how to sync with no problems. Check out the website: RIFFTRAX!

Here are samples of two movies:

THE TERMINATOR 3

My opinion so far:

LL and saw the first 20 minutes of 300 last night and so far it. was. HYSTERICAL! it's so refreshing to hear Nelson and Murphy's voice again. ahhhh

Terminator 3

I recommend this one 100% because not only do they keep mocking Arnold being a politician but just how badly some of the lines in the movie were. Also the traditional mocking of Arnold's voice were the best! Seriously, I think cried at how funny some of the material was.

Oh the joy... I :ohface: you MST3K!

Edited by Senshik

MST3K for contemporary movies! Yay!

When the first X-Men movie came out, my friends and I MST3Ked it in the theatre. We even sat in the back row, on the backs of the seats so the tops of our heads would show on the screen. Good times.

Oo, speaking of, X-Men is on that list! I'm gettin' it.

SB, definitely let me know if the xmen one is worth getting!!!

Oh my god. Yes. 300 was by far the funniest one i've seen!!! I recommend that one 100% times a million!!!!

it's mr. clean going to Mardi Gras!

his spear... is.. pointy.

THIS IS A SPARKLER!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A S-PART OF A BALANCED BREAKFAST!!!

Glad you guys are enjoying the Trax. Well, I got the Independence Day rifftrack over the weekend, but i cant find a version of the movie that isn't the extended edition. The rifftrack only work for the theatrical version :welcome: So far, the this track is proving to be as good as 300. NOTE: The commentaries are actually done by all three MST stars(now): Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy(Tom Servo) and Bill Corbett(Crow Ver. 2.0)

• 5 months later...
Just when I thought it was forever banished to overpriced online sellers and hard-to-find ebay auctions, the MST3K movie is being rereleased on dvd on May 6!

51s4mOVbNWL._SS500_.jpg

There is a God! :party:

I also love how these Rifftrax have guests, like the Jurassic Park one has Weird Al Yankovic.

• 1 month later...

i saw what you did there

we got the T3, matrix & 300 ones here, im curious how the spider-man and batman/robin ones went overall - what'd you think, fluff? and yeah, im all for the sharin'. a warning, tho, baytor: sometimes, syncing the audio track with the film takes some serious effort. we never finished T3 after finding out we somehow had the wrong version of the film. granted, its totally fucking worth it.

Here's the ones I currently have:

daredevil

eragon

island of dr. moreau

LOTR:Fellowship

over the top

pointbreak

predator

star trek 6

star wars 2

terminator 3

the matrix

the grudge

tramsformers

willy wonka

x-men

plan 9 from outer space

beowulf

jurassic park

batman & robin

star trek generations

harry potter & the sorcere's stone

I can't guarantee quality, but I've seen most of them, and they are genuine.

I also have all the mp3's incase you just want those, and not the mashed up ones.