Hondo's Bar

Mystery Science Theater 3000 & Rifftrax

I need to know who I've sent shit to, and who I havn't. I know I sent some to Nick because he seemed to be behind the times, with Baytor, but if you two want to remind me what you have I'd be willing to do what I can in catching you up.

In the meantime, I'm watching "The Two Towers" right now, and I'm buzzed off my ass and shouldn't even be posting, but hopefully you know what thats like. So let me know what you have, thats the bottom line. -d.fluff (street dancer)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have is:

Pointbreak

Predator

Terminator 3

The Matrix

Beowulf

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Cloverfield

Heroes pilot

Lost Pilot

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Daredevil

Over the Top

The Fellowship of Ring

Batman and Robin

Jurassic Park

The Grudge

Transformers

Rifftrax MP3s

D fluff - you sent discs with 300, batman & robin, DD, bourne, ID4, Cloverfield, both Raiders & the pilots.

i/sen interested in The Grudge, Over the Top, Point Break, Plan 9 From Outer Space (that must be gold), Jurassic Park (i have a theory that actually good movies are harder to spoof), Spider-Man (especially 3), and such. actually, any modern marvel film.

what're the best ones youve seen so far though? again, my favorites have been 300 and Battlefield Earth.

I gotta say Point Break has been the best. Patrick Swayzee, Keanu Reeves, Lori Petty, Gary Busey, John C. McGinley, and a plot that involves an undercover FBI agent infiltrating a surf crazy group of bank robbers that dress up like former U.S. Presidents. That movie was just asking for it.

Sadly Mike covers that one solo, and as funny as Mike Nelson is it just doesn't feel the same when there's not someone with him.

• 1 year later...

still gotta see the Point Break one.

34sfm0x.jpg

so, on MH's say-so, watched Twilight w/Rifftrax tonight, and...

1) this was indeed hilarious at parts "LINE?"

2) echoing my roomate(s), this has to be one of the worst movies ive seen in many years. its not just botching the vampire mythology, or even pandering to teenage girls, cause i felt like i was genuinely trying to recall the pre-adolescent age when i was 100% certain Demolition Man was the finest cinema would ever get. This was...i dont even know that people were acting, per se. where it wasnt done by the numbers, it was just banal. the villains, as they were, the "cursed with immortality bits", much less the struggle with man/beast was really just a showcase for a shiny starring contest that would've made Meet Joe Black blush, and then talk. i had a strong inclination to watch more True Blood, or more honestly, Blade, after this. jesus christ.

• 2 months later...

MST3K Volume XVI announced

At Comic-Con, Shout Factory has released information about “MST3K XVI,” to be released on Dec 1. It will include the following episodes:

105- THE CORPSE VANISHES with short: COMMANDO CODY PT 3

501- WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD

521- SANTA CLAUS

701- NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST with short: ONCE UPON A HONEYMOON

Extras:

* A new interview with “Warrior of the Lost World” director David Worth

* Santa Claus Conquers the Devil: A 50-Year Retrospective

* Santa Claus original radio spot

* Santa Claus still gallery

* Teaser for “Wonder World of K. Gordon Murray in Colorscope”

* Night of the Blood Beast Turkey Day host segments

* Turkey Day ‘95 bumpers

* Original theatrical trailers

* 4 exclusive MST3K lobby cards by artist Steve Vance

* And, in a limited-edition version, a Tom Servo figurine

• 9 months later...

Riftrax in theaters!

RiffTrax LIVE: Reefer Madness

08/19/2010

The stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 take on the legendary cult classic Reefer Madness for an evening of hilarious riffing! Let RiffTrax own Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett bring you to a higher state of consciousness with their signature brand of rapid fire comedy. This event will be broadcast live to movie theaters nationwide on Thursday, August 19 at 8:00pmET / 7:00pmCT / 6:00pmMT and 8:00pmPT (tape delay). Audiences will also be treated to the world premier of three new shorts from the guys, as well as two original video shorts from Rich “Lowtax” Kyanka of Something Awful.

Movie theater audiences will receive FREE digital goodies after the event including a downloadable short, avatars and a digital photo of the guys. A URL will be revealed on-screen at which you can receive your free digital goodies after the live event.

Encore! There will be a prerecorded rebroadcast of the August 19th show on Tuesday, August 24th.

gonna see if i can get locals interested, oughta be cool.

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Is that the DVD that's been 'both digitally colored and restored in black n' white' - by Legends Films? Got that one, too! I love it!

Legend Films also did the same w/ Plan 9 From Outer Space and Bride of the Monster - got 'em both, but Mike Nelson of MST3K fame only did commentary for Plan 9.

I'm pretty sure MST3K had already done a full episode dedicated to Bride of the Monster.

18lrshn5jlq41jpg.jpg

You should totally check out Night of the Living Dead, Plan 9 and Bride of the Monster. The last 2 are Ed Wood films - the man tries, dammit! LOL!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^ Anybody been watching? I'm 4 episodes in. I love the aesthetic - basically the HD presentation, the stop-motion / puppetry / sets / props - but the actual antics (the riffs and adlibs) feel a bit...less organic? Ah dunno.

It's like they got a couple o' dozen writers that all spat out cracks n' one-liners for every scene...loaded 'em all into an automatic potato gun and just...it's just non-stop. One on top of the other. I know there's always been a pseudo-script - but this almost feels aimed at people w/ a low attention span...which, (shrugs) actually does kinda make sense.

Still MST - enjoyable / humorous - got it playing in the background, I'm watching from the corner of my eye while working in the 'lab'.