Hondo's Bar

Cheerleaders told to cover up

Jumbie

so at first, when you hear that cheerleader organizations have told their members to cover up their midriffs it sounds like some kinda Republican culture war effort but check this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/more...0220/index.html

It seems that the rationale is to stop girls from developing eating disorders!

At least that's what it is with the Australian group. No details on whther the American ban on highschool midriffs is a Republican inspired plot or not.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH AUSTRALIA???!?!?!?

Fuck sake, Australia used to be kinda cool and now it just sucks fucking ass. How's about this Australia, hows about you stop being fucking pussys and show me some fucking teenage skin. Christ. That place is going to shit.

P.S. Insert Skeet rant below.....

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH AUSTRALIA???!?!?!?

They're a backwards country, what can I say? Backwards in EVERY sense of the word! They have night when we have day, they have winter when we have summer, their toilets spin the opposite way as ours. It's a miracle they don't wear hats on their feet and shoes on their head, and their hamburgers don't eat people!

we do? since when? i dont really go to games....for the same ridiculous reaons?

how did the fat chicks eating disorder people lobby this one out? were not allowed to show fit girl's stomachs because it directly makes others starve themselves or vomit? that doesnt even make sense.

you know what? im a short enough guy, id like to talk to someone about getting all these tall fucks off the steet, theyre making me buy high-tops and shit.

According to the article:

In the United States, the National Federation of State High School Associations issued a new rule for the 2006-07 school year requiring that cheerleading uniforms cover the midriff.

==========================================================

were not allowed to show fit girl's stomachs because it directly makes others starve themselves or vomit?

Actually if I read this right, it's so that CHEERLEADERS don't starve themselves and get depressed trying to keep in shape.

Which is an even dumber rationale since I can't imagine it makes much difference to someone with the personality to want to be a cheerleader. They'll already be plenty fitness conscious as it is.

Well, it's understandable, really.

Remember the 'Saved by the Bell' Cheerleaders? led by Kelly? Yea, that's a big fat lie. Most cheerleaders these days are more akin to Rosanne Bar than good ol' Kelly(God I miss her...her boobs got bigger:))

There's a good reason the 'no midriff' bit passed. Ever see the midriff of a 250 lbs, 5'2 cheerleader?

Horrifying

As for the Aussies.......

I have to go with acalis...backwards bastards. Even the toilets don't flush the right way.

What, fundies have a monopoly on illogical arguments now?

Not at all. I'm saying that since the stated reasoning is illogical, then, in reality, it's probably a devious, well thought out christian fundamentalist ploy to strengthen our morals.

-------------------------------------------------

Also that stuff about toilets in Australia spinning in opposite directions etc is just an urban legend. Not true. The coriolis effect doesn't make any difference on that scale.

Not at all. I'm saying that since the stated reasoning is illogical, then, in reality, it's probably a devious, well thought out christian fundamentalist ploy to strengthen our morals.

Damn attemps to strengthen morals... they'll never work. I don't have morals in the first place.

-------------------------------------------------

Also that stuff about toilets in Australia spinning in opposite directions etc is just an urban legend. Not true. The coriolis effect doesn't make any difference on that scale.

What about "drop-bears"?

Thou shalt not talk about fat chicks or 200 lb. 5'5'' FDB will sit on you. :2T:

Nextly, I don't see why its such a bloody big deal. Let em' show some skin. If girls are insecure enough to let that bother them when they are being bombarded with TV and magazine then there is a problem. But, I do remember something similar. When I was a cheerleader (at a svelte 120 lbs. I might add) and it came to designing and picking uniforms that year, the little underbloomers with words and such on them weren't allowed because it would draw attention to our rumps.

As if the two inch skirts and mid-driff baring tops were distracting enough. Pretty soon its gonna be 1955 again with cheerleaders having skirts down to their calves.

Heh... the fat chick agenda has succeeded once again!!! I don't know how cheerleaders at your high school looked like arch, but at my school, I don't think I ever actually saw any of our football games... and I was in the Marching Band :) . It's pretty dumb to to say that flat stomachs and fit people cause eating disorders... what's next, making it illegal to wear bikinis on the beach? If staring at skinny people makes you wish you weren't fat, then don't punish them for taking care of their bodies... LOSE THE DAMN WEIGHT! It's not that hard, I've lost 35lbs already since November because of that exact reason. I didn't go off lobbying to have the gyms closed down because muscular guys made me feel ashamed of myself. I got off my ass and began working at it!!!

Concerning the coriolis effect and that wacky hemisphere... the water in the sink/tub/toilet will have the tendency to turn clockwise down there and counter-clockwise up here, though this isn't a rule; with the correct placement of pipes it can be easily made to turn counter clockwise there and clockwise here. The corilois effect mostly applies to weather patterns. High pressure down under turns counter-clockwise (or anti-clockwise as they like to say) and low pressure turns clockwise, you can see this looking at our hurricanes here, they all turn counter-clockwise because they're a low pressure system in the northern hemisphere. Their rivers also flow north and west (the reason the Nile flows North is because it starts in that hemisphere). Here, our rivers flow south and east, not to mention the fact the moon looks upside down from their angle, and yes, they are technically standing upside down compared to us (reason why the moon is also upside down from their angle). Then you also have the whole: people heading to North for warm weather and South for the cold weather, and birds doing the same thing. They're lucky in an astronomical sense, though; the south pole is facing the center of the galaxy, and we're located close to the outer fringes, meaning that people in the southern hemisphere get an awesome view of the stars in our galaxy, while we get a good view of everything that's outside of our galaxy... still, not as spectacular as their view though.

• 4 weeks later...

hey hey hey no need to get all narky

Im pretty sure that the bare midriffs rule is only being inforced by the Australian institute of sport for the gynmasts.

Its up to each individual club as to the "image" they wish to portray and whether or not they wish to enforce it.

launch009.jpg

Note our home cheerleading squad

hotsquad2.jpg

And yes im an aussie..

Archived