Hondo's Bar

Guitar Hero

Newtype

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the next game in the GH series will be an all-Aerosmith game, and to prmot it, for the next day or so, you can download Dream On for GHIII for free. Go now. Even if you don't own GHIII, you might someday, or have a friend bring the game over to your place.

All Aerosmith? Yech, add that one to the list of games I won't be buying.

An all aerosmith game is the worst fucking idea ever. How about a usb dildo you can unlock achievements on for deepthroating and getting all 16 inches up your arsehole without bleeding all over the couch. Steve Tyler's a fucking big-lipped cunt that just needs to get his cock snapped off inside some 12 year old playing his stupid fucking song on GH3 and then they can use his excesive lips to create a vagina in his snapped-off-cock's place and then we can gangfuck him an show him how it feels to listen to that fucking stupid Santana duet thingy. Oh, and Santana? you're next. Snapp that fucking guitarneck off in your arsehole you'll never see a mexican smile like that.

An all aerosmith game is the worst fucking idea ever. How about a usb dildo you can unlock achievements on for deepthroating and getting all 16 inches up your arsehole without bleeding all over the couch. Steve Tyler's a fucking big-lipped cunt that just needs to get his cock snapped off inside some 12 year old playing his stupid fucking song on GH3 and then they can use his excesive lips to create a vagina in his snapped-off-cock's place and then we can gangfuck him an show him how it feels to listen to that fucking stupid Santana duet thingy. Oh, and Santana? you're next. Snapp that fucking guitarneck off in your arsehole you'll never see a mexican smile like that.

I'm not sure what he's rambling about but the part of this that makes sense I support. But when Skeeter and I both go against something with unified hatred then it's definitely a sign of bad things.

All Aerosmith? Yech, add that one to the list of games I won't be buying.

You'd think that for a hater like you, keeping a list of things you won't be buying would be ever some much more time-consuming and inefficient that a simple what-you-will-be-buying list.

Aerosmith is one of the few bands with a catalog big enough to plausibly have a GH game all their own, though obviously there are better candidates (Zep, for one). Still, this makes little sense to me. Why not just have a huge Aerosmith DLC pack? I'm guessing Aerosmith wanted the exposure that getting a game release give one, probably to promote an upcoming album. But why would Activision argee to that? They are doing plenty fine with GH3, but they are going to have to work hard to not lose more ground to Rock Band when it comes to brand credibility into the future. It seems to me that Activision did not buy this brand to grow a long-term sustainable franchise, they just want to milk it and run it into the ground. Why bother growing this brand, once it's become an utter joke, they can just buy another game that some small outfit put some passion into to make it great.

With the 80's game, they alienated everyone who hates 80's music. This will not be a new engine. It'll be the GH3 engine with Aerosmith character models packaged as a brand new game.

From Wikipedia:

On February 8, 2008 two new Guitar Hero III installments were confirmed to be released between April 1 and June 30, 2008. On February 15, 2008 Activision announced that one of these installments will be Guitar Hero: Aerosmith to be released in June of 2008. Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will be developed by Neversoft for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, while the Wii version of the game will be developed by Vicarious Visions and the PlayStation 2 version will be developed by Budcat Creations.

Aerosith_in_Gh_aero.jpg

The other game might be another band-exclusive game, but it might be something more ambitious, though I doubt it.

With the 80's game, they alienated everyone who hates 80's music.

True but we had different 80s bands, so if you didn't like Whitesnake then you only had to deal with Whitesnake once. And chances are most people who like guitar hero have at very least a morbid love of 80s music. Doesn't matter because nobody wants to pay $70 for a glorified expansion pack so no-one bought it anyway. This doesn't just alienate non-fans of a particular genre, it alienates non-fans of one band, an over-rated overhyped band that stopped producing good songs nearly 20 years ago, this is just a circle jerk for people obsessed with Aerosmith fan while the average Joe will probably play through Dream On, Sweet Emotion, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, and Cryin and if they feel really adventurous they might even do Janie's Got a Gun and Dude Looks Like a Lady before getting bored and going to do something else. Plus this opens the door for even worse ideas like Guitar Hero: Guns and Roses or Guitar Hero: Kiss or Guitar Hero: Metallica and honestly I wouldn't care if it was a phenominally popular band like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or The Doors it's too specific and just a bad idea.

Somebody slept on the classic Revolution X. :FHD:

i nabbed "dream on" just in case i ever get or borrow GH3.

Revolution X had only slightly more to do with Aerosmith than Psycho Circus had to do with Kiss in that they had 4 second clips of the same 5 songs that looped over and over again into eternity and there was a picture of Aerosmith at the beginning.

(By the way if you still want Revolution X we may be able to negotiate, PM me)

I'm with you on the aerosmith thing darth... I think a metal one, pantera megadeth etc would be cool, i dunno if its been done already, i've only ever had 3, but just aerosmith is shooting a really awesome idea in the face.

All we can hope is that its a success and they move on to better bands.

Your dead on about Pantera Sir, Nice to see it. Megadeth also would be cool. So many others would be cool, what am I saying!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
According to a NeoGAF poster armed with the latest issue of Game Informer magazine, Guitar Hero IV will, as expected, focus on more than just faux guitar playing, as the next proper iteration is said to add drums and vocals, just like Rock Band. Where GH IV is expected to go above and beyond the Rock Band experience is in its custom creation modes.

Guitar Hero IV will feature a "create a song" mode, allegedly, which appears to let gamers lay down guitar, bass and drum tracks—but no vocals—then upload their creations for others to enjoy. That song sharing mode is said to extend beyond the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, with Wii and PlayStation 2 versions getting their own song sharing.

Additional details from the NeoGAF post indicate that players will be able to create custom virtual musicians, virtual guitars and virtual drums. As for the licensed stock tracks, tunes from Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park and Sublime are said to appear.

More early details on Guitar Hero IV at the original post. Expect to see official word in no time at all.

Dear Activision

You have done a great job at pissing people off this past few months with the cock blocking of the update to allow your guitar

controller to work with Rock band. Seeing how your feeling threaten by the the fact that rock band is in fact a far better more enjoyable game you feel the need to rip them off.

So please go fuck yourself.

Love Newtype.

• 1 month later...

FYI: If you have a 360 and were planning on getting GH Aerosmith, kinda sorta good news: The Rock Band Guitars fully works on it. Since this was an issue of Activision not wanting Harmonix guitars on their games, it seems they're suddenly ok with it, which means peripheral interoperability is more likely for GH World Tour (at least for guitars, with their drums having an extra pad, that's less likely).

Archived