Hondo's Bar

Guitar Hero

Newtype

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Confirmed songs for GHII, as told by good 'ol Wikipedia:

On May 4, 2006 an article was posted on IGN [5] listing eight confirmed tracks for the sequel:

Arterial Black - Drist

Psychobilly Freakout - The Reverend Horton Heat

Strutter - KISS

War Pigs - Black Sabbath

Who Was in My Room Last Night - Butthole Surfers

You Really Got Me - The Kinks, as performed by Van Halen

YYZ - Rush

John the Fisherman - Primus

Since then, 3 other songs have been confirmed:

Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots

Madhouse - Anthrax

Shout at the Devil - Mötley Crüe

More should follow!

I already knew about the first 8 there. The STP song wouldn't have been my first pick* (Sex Type Thing would have been), but Trippin' should be a great song to rock out on. There was also a rumor about Thunderstruck by AC/DC, but it's not confirmed. Still hoping for School's Out by Alice Cooper. Eighteen would also make me pretty psyched.

* "pick"...get it? Get it? Ah, shut up! What do you know anyway?

Some of the forum posters on Gamespot are crying for Metallica, Slipknot, Korn and Mudvayne to be put on the game.

"One" by Metallica would be an excellent song, however it is long... but I highly doubt there'd be any Slipknot or the like on the game.

If there was, I'd be heartbroken and probably avoid it all together.

"One" by Metallica would be an excellent song, however it is long...

Right. They should go with that good but short Metallica song. Which one was that again?

What this game needs fucking Sugar by System Of A Down. Any SOAD song would be good, but that is the one to go with. Choosing a potential Pearl Jam song is hard, but Spin The Black Circle or Do The Evolution are what're jumping out at me. And I want a Rage song so much it hurts.

Ozzy Osbourne is the only person to get double props by being doubly represented in GH1 with Iron Man and Bark At The Moon. Now War Pigs is in the sequel. All I'm saying is if AC/DC doesn't get a song I'll be pretty upset. A Zep song (Immigrant Song mebbe) would be nice too.

Rage WOULD be an excellent choice, as well as SOAD... but in this day and age with contract negotiations, royalty payments, etc... getting the songs the fans want is no picnic. In the past several years that I've been playing video games that have the feature to play actual studio-recorded songs by famous musicians and bands, Ozzy and Black Sabbath have been on more games than anyone. Scoring their songs on a video game must not be very difficult... whereas Led Zeppelin, Metallica, The Rolling Stone, etc - must be extremely difficult due to their "asking price."

which rage track'd you wanna see? sleep now in the fire?

was just playing Beatmania (konami's DJ/turntable versino of this genre), they had a version of "You really got me", the riffs were fun, made me think of this game.

Expert mode outta open up Van Halen.

Yeah, those are the newest additions to Jax's personnal Guitar Hero 2 wishlist. The makers of the game defintely respect Freebird, one of the loading screen messages from GH1 was "They don't really want you to play 'Freebird', they're just heckling you."

Update: While I still haven't gotten past the 5th song set on Hard mode (I can't get past the 75% mark of No One Knows or even 20% into Crossroads), I have gotten past the first five songs in Expert Mode. The game is getting frustrating. You have to use strategy, like knowing which parts you suck at, so you can save your star power for that part fo the song to get through it.

Still awaiting more confirmed songs for GH2 with great anticipation.

Rented this last night and I swear, I been rocking the F^$K out like a madman(well as much as one with my limited dexterity can. Oh, nono, I'm notr disabled, thanks for asking, just unco, retarded & slightly toasted). I swear i nearly cried when i first played Iron Man

Archived