Hondo's Bar

Guitar Hero

Newtype

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geek Stink Breath by Green Day and Eruption by Van Halen would be awesome.

So I bought it yesterday (along with a ps2 and a memory card). Beat it on Easy and I've only completed 3 songs on medium. Smoke on the Water gets tough towards the end on Medium. I keep getting like 88% complete before failing.

So I bought it yesterday (along with a ps2 and a memory card). Beat it on Easy and I've only completed 3 songs on medium. Smoke on the Water gets tough towards the end on Medium. I keep getting like 88% complete before failing.

You loved the game that you went an bought it ps2 and a memory card. Well you where having fun with that game. I love the fact you kept making all these moves while playing. You really got into it.

My problem is the 4th fret button. I'm still getting used to it but have yet to fail. Trust me your going to miss Smoke on the Water when you get to Killer queen.

Okay, Newtype... you cost me 73 bucks today, pretty damn sweet deal, for 3 bucks you can cover the guitar controller at Gamestop on an extended warranty for a year... I bought it.

That's 2 games I made you buy so far. Do you love me or hate me for it.

Oh and I just found out that YOU REALLY GOT ME BY Van Halen is one of the new songs in the game.

Check out the trailers for it. Guitar Hero II

Man, GH is on my list now! Since that night at Nick's, I've been dreamin' of that shit!

The one thing that was holding me back, like MM, was the price, but I'm gonna get it no matter what!

No Metallica for Part 2? Come on people!

I pussed out Panch! I spent the 70 beans and I bought that shit! You guys were right... it's pretty damn awesome!

t1zw.jpg

You loved the game that you went an bought it ps2 and a memory card. Well you where having fun with that game. I love the fact you kept making all these moves while playing. You really got into it.

My problem is the 4th fret button. I'm still getting used to it but have yet to fail. Trust me your going to miss Smoke on the Water when you get to Killer queen.

That's 2 games I made you buy so far. Do you love me or hate me for it.

Oh and I just found out that YOU REALLY GOT ME BY Van Halen is one of the new songs in the game.

Check out the trailers for it. Guitar Hero II

:2T:

I hate you man...

:love::2T:

I'm kidding, great pick NT!

I beat Killer Queen on medium last night. I can handle the forth fret button fine unless it's on a crazy bridge.

Will "You Really Got Me Now" feature Eruption before hand like it does when it's played on the radio?

Oh man, what this new game new is Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers! That song would kick my ass.

I'm on the forth set of songs on medium. Newtype, we gotta get a face off going. I'm willing to host a party.

Next week I'm outta of town* Thursday through Saturday, so if we do it, the following week would proably be better. Though, if we do it this week and get Newtype to come (or if he can't come, but can lend us his axe), we can go head to head. You can even brign your own memory card, so you can save some scores to your own card so when you buy the game yourself, you don't have to redo all the easy songs.

I beat Killer Queen on medium last night. I can handle the forth fret button fine unless it's on a crazy bridge.

Will "You Really Got Me Now" feature Eruption before hand like it does when it's played on the radio?

Oh man, what this new game new is Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers! That song would kick my ass.

I'm on the forth set of songs on medium. Newtype, we gotta get a face off going. I'm willing to host a party.

You sir have a deal. I just need to fine some free time.

Look what I found online.

ps2-guitar.jpg

The only thing about this is that it a third-party controller. Looks good but how does it play.

I don't know about the rest of you but the 4th set of songs is kicking my ass. I did well in Ziggy Stardust but the others not so much.

As a side note I would love to see In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in part 2 but that song is long as hell.

Manohmanohman!! Guitar Hero comes out here on the 16th(thurs). Can't fucking wait. For the record, I had the idea for something like this onna PS1, thought it's be a kick-arse way to learn an instrument & have fun at the same time(obviously I figured strings instead've buttons). I should start putting patents on my brain or something...

Sweet. Let's know how bad good you are.

Speaking of which 11/1/2006 Guitar Hero II. 6 days before my birthday. I know what I'm getting.

haha...In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida would be awesome. you act like the tracks they use arent extended as fuck anyway....

I agree they need some Metallica (wonder if theyd play ball?), mebbe some Clapton or at least Cream.

Id love to see one of Slash's crazy solos for extreme mode, and i back everyone who called for Van Halen.

Mebbe some Clapton or at least Cream.

Crossroads is the last song on Part 1.

Inagaddadivida is like 4 minutes of guitar song, a 12 minute drum solo with an occasional accompanying organ, then 1 minutes of the same song fromt eh first 4 minutes. Not a great candidate.

Outta town? Smoothie Convention?

Smoothie Conference actually.

I unlocked Godzilla as well as four other songs last night. Beat Godzilla and Texas Flood (alot easier than I thought it would be for a Stevie Ray Vaughn song). Three more to go before I beat Medium modem, then I'll be able to unlock the Death character adn play as the Grim Reaper. Yes!

I still have to beat Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon to beat Medium, but in my frustration with those songs, I've just gone on to Hard for now. Beat the first five songs and am on the second set now. This may be self evident, but Hard is hard!!! I never knew ow hard a Ramones songs could be until I played one on Guitar Hero on Hard mode.

And I've been thinking, the Sequel needs School's Out by Alice Cooper. Lotsa Alice Cooper songs could fit the bill, but not just are School's Out's riffs taylor made for this game, it's a fan favorite and a mainstream rock staple. Fingers are crossed.

• 1 month later...

Archived