Hondo's Bar

Harry Potter 5

Oh, but crossover-fanfics can be so amusing. There's one that when mentioned usually gets some groans whenever mentioned: a slash-pairing. Care to guess? I'll give you a hint:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*cough cough* spoiler *cough cough*

and would this not belong moreso in culture?

Its all over the news ...

MM, DoJ was making two points.

1) If you're going to make a (potential) spoiler, putting a spoiler tag is courteous. There are many HP fans ont his site, and everyone of them might not want to read that

2) You created this thread in the Movie forum and called it 'Harry Potter 5', yet all the news is related to the Harry Potter books, and there is no news or reference to the movies. Books are discussed in the Culture forum.

He made two perfectly good points. I would ahve made the second if no one else have when I saw this thread.

Shit, Ly's back! Welcome back man.

Also: Is the trailer out for this yet, or any mention of a release date?

Yes. I have decided to once again bless this forum with my presence. I could hardly stay away, moved as I was by the words of those that wished my return.

All I've hear for release date was 2007. But, here is a list of the cast thus far: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373889/

When I saw than Carter was casted, I was worried that it was for the roll of Professor Umbridge. That would have been terrible. This is very good news.

Nope, Imelda Staunton will play Umbridge.

harrypotterimeldastaunton1hq0.jpg

imeldastauntonwideweb430x261wo0.jpg

You're certainly right about whether Helna Bonham Carter would have been a poor casting choice for Umbridge, though. :misty:

Oo, neat! I hate Imelda already. They really are doing a great job of casting... Most every single one of the characters they've done for the movies have been pretty much dead on with what I held in my head, although I did picture Sirius as being much less hairy, and much more...suave......

Oo, neat! I hate Imelda already. They really are doing a great job of casting... Most every single one of the characters they've done for the movies have been pretty much dead on with what I held in my head, although I did picture Sirius as being much less hairy, and much more...suave......

Oh? If you don't minf me asking, why do you hate her already?

I know what you mean about the cast, otherwise. But, I did imagine Lupin a bit differently.

I think he means that she's perfect for the character and since we all hate the character so much...

I agree about Lupin, I saw him much differently too but David Thewlis is great so I'm not complaining. I did see Barty Crouch differently too. I always pictured him as Ian Holm.

Archived