Hondo's Bar

Dead Rising

bishopcruz

This game is fucking AWESOME! Period. Any of you Hondonians that have a 360 pick this shit up, those who were wondering if this game was gonna be any good,

wonder no more. It is, and it just plain rocks. Panch, you are gonna love this son of a bitch.

805_0016.jpg

Aw crap this worked in Zombies Ate My Neighbors!

I've been playing this game nonstop for the last few days and have gotten my share of Zombie killing in. Well, more than my share, I'm at at least 9,500 zombies dead at

last count, and want to kill more, oh so very many more.

The basics of the game are that you are Frank West a Photojournalist who gets a tip that there is some bad bad shit going down in a little town called Willamette, and so

you charter a copter and fly in to see what the hell is happening, you are dropped off by the pilot with instructions to be back at the helipad in 72 hours for extraction.

So basically without spoiling much of the story, you are in a HUGE shopping mall with an assload of zombies, and you need to figure out what is going on, kill zombies,

save people, kill zombies, take some pictures, kill more zombies, and of course: SURVIVE!

1154384891.jpg

Kill zombies, or eat this sandwich, hmm.

The great thing is that the mall is filled with all sorts of stores, each of which has either a different bit of clothing for Frank, or some sort of item that can be used to kill

motherfucking zombies. These weapons include:

Bats

Chainsaws

Giant Stuffed Bears

A toy laser sword

A wooden bench

A Fish

A Serv-bot novelty mask

A Soccer Ball

A Bunch of CDs

An Electric Guitar

A Lawnmower (OH YEAH!!!!!)

A Car

A Shotgun (of course)

A Watergun

A Golf Club and Balls

A Skateboard

A Giant Umbrella

and so on. This barely nicks the number of items that you can use to fight off Zombies in this game. Each item does different shit, and the cool thing is, some don't even

hurt zombies at all, you just use them to fuck around. Still nothing is more fulfilling than putting a bunch of Serv-bot masks on the heads of zombies, putting on a

mega-man helmet and toy mega-buster, and firing tennis balls at the damn bastards. It's great!

1153747974.jpg

It's time to kick some ass!

The game is also pretty damn challenging, you only get one save, and you are on a timer to complete story missions, if too much time goes by you can actually lose your

ability to find out just what the fuck caused the Zombie outbreak in the first place. You can start over at any time with all of your previous XP and upgrades, so that is

pretty cool.

1153747379.jpg

1153746736.jpg

Stay back, I have a fucking frying pan!

So yeah, this game lives up to the hype, and is just fantastic. I'm playing through it a second time and am still finding all sorts of items that I didn't find my first time

through. Killing zombies in new and creative ways just doesn't get old.

Check this game out when you have the chance.

Edited by bishopcruz

shit, im jealous, that shit does look like a lotta fun.

any chance it comin to ps2 and the like one day? shit, i didnt expect mega man...

PS2? Probably not, the sheer number of zombies on screen at once would make it want to die.

PS3? Who knows, probably depends on how well this sells and how both microsoft and sony sweeten the pot. For now and the forseeable future though, it is an Xbox 360 exclusive.

• 4 weeks later...

I played the demo off Live and HELL YES!! Very impressed. This one's on my list for Xmas or Birf to be sure. That's the best thing I've noticed about the 360 thus far, is the sheer numbers of characters they cram into a screen(anyone played Dynasty Warriors Empires?).

Hardest game of the year is more like it! Damn, I've never been this frustrated with a video game in my life (I take zombie killin' VERY seriously)! No, but for real... this is one of the best games I've ever played... IN MY LIFE!! The word awesome doesn't give it justice! Man, I love this game! That sledge hammer is my best fuckin' friend!

Panch has been looking forward to this game more than the Second Coming...( of which he morbidly hopes there will be zombies - sick I tell you, SICK!!!!!!) Anyway, the game has proven to be a challange - between trying to finish all the cases and scoops while trying to read the MINISCULE TEXT and me reading the strategy guide to a very aggrevated Pancho Rio. FUN TIMES!!!! It is a pretty awesome game thou, good investment - plenty to keep Panch occupied before buying another $70 game!!!!!! (Ahem!!!)

• 9 years later...

Dead Rising being remastered for PS4/XBO/PC, DR2 and OTR to PS4/XBO

UPDATE 9.50pm: Dead Rising will launch on PlayStation 4, Capcom has just confirmed to Eurogamer. But that's not all - it will also be released on Xbox One and PC.

Oh, and Dead Rising 2? That's headed to new consoles as well.

"Capcom will be bringing Dead Rising to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. In addition, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record will make their way onto Xbox One and PS4. We will have more news to share soon."

Off the Record was the version of DR2 which brought back Dead Rising 1's protagonist Frank West, which makes sense as he's the star of the show in DR1 and the upcoming DR4 on Xbox One and PC, also due this year.

i dug my time with part 1, didn't really play 2...will prolly give these a go again, there's still not much out there like em

This was the first game I got for 360 back in '06. Love this game...I've spent more time on this game than I'd like to admit - LOL! My first next-gen game, you can imagine - I was blown away. I didn't get part 2 cuz Frank wasn't in it - but jumped on 'Off the Record' as soon as it dropped.

If Frank is back - I will eventually own this.