Hondo's Bar

Jesus Camp.

Anyways, according to the last census the fastest growing religious demographics in America are The evangelical christians and

...the godless.

15% of the population reports having no religion or being agnostic or atheist, which is about 45 million.

Strictly speaking most estimates seem to place the definitively atheist population at 1.5 million.

dont you skip past Dr GF's atheist camp, i thought it was golden.

and yeah, LL's crazy about the show, been on me for a while to wach it, and ive been resistant, which means i get to look foolish in a few months when i own the DVDs and t-shirts or something and say how ive been loving it since it started.

I wonder if there's a camp for atheist kids.

there should be.

it could be like, the most fun camp ever...

SNORT THE COKE KIDS! THERE'S NO GOD OR HELL YOU'RE ALL MAGGOTS WHEN YOU DIE SO YOU BETTER HAVE FUN NOW!

wee!

Well, ther'es Wiccan scouts. They claim to have no restrictions on membership criteria, unlike the Boyscouts of America who won't let you in if you're gay or atheist.

Not sure I'd want to send my kids to Wiccan scouts of they were using it to push wiccan beliefs though. Never really looked into it.

Speaking of atheist camps... This is incidental but does anyone know of any secular 12 step programmes?

I know one of the traditional 12 steps is accepting the lord or something similar and AA and others have a very godly feel. I was hoping there's alternatives.

I had nightmares last night after watching this movie.

Honestly, I sort of cried for the kids. I felt terrible how they all cried and cried beacuse they don't want to burn in hell and for feeling guilty of ....... what exactly were they supposed to feel guilty about? Being innocent children? Reading Harry potter?!??!?

I think that lady is gripped by fear more than she is by faith.

I had nightmares last night after watching this movie.

Honestly, I sort of cried for the kids. I felt terrible how they all cried and cried beacuse they don't want to burn in hell and for feeling guilty of ....... what exactly were they supposed to feel guilty about? Being innocent children? Reading Harry potter?!??!?

I think that lady is gripped by fear more than she is by faith.

People like that torque me off like no other. You've got to be pretty fucked in the head to do that to a kid.

Scariest part (paraphrased):

"Mooslims train their kids to fight and die since the age of 5 for their beliefs. This is something we should do."

Funniest part:

"...over there in islamic countries like, like Palestine, Pakistan, and Isreal."

Scariest part (paraphrased):

"Mooslims train their kids to fight and die since the age of 5 for their beliefs. This is something we should do."

Aw yeah...crazy fucking motherfuckers. I shouldn't talk though. You know I'll have my kids out on the street handing out flyers for random ass shit. "EAT BACON OR YOU SHALL SPEND AN ETERNITY IN HELL....SEE WHAT I'M DOING THERE?" or 1987 TOYOTA CAROLA, DRIVES GREAT LOOKS EVEN BETTER. 3 TIRES LOTSA LEG ROOM COMES WITH FIVE CHILDREN, EXPENSES TO TOW IT OUT OF THE LAKE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY. $29 ONO. CASH ONLY. YOU CAN'T BUY DRUGS WITH A CHEQUE.

Yeah, man, you'll be a shoe in whenever we decide to start handing out Hondo's 'Parent of the Year' awards. I mean, true Pancho's gonna terrorize Solara by showing up to her 5th birthday party in a Spiderman suit and yeah, SuperEeyore is negligent just for letting L'obo in the same room as her kid, but you've got it locked...

She isn't gripped by fear, she, like the majority of christian leaders, is gripped by power and greed. She gets paid to tell kids they are going to hell, then uses fear against them to have power over them.

and they worry about the devil...

A-fucking-men. Though it's more than Christian leaders, it's just more excepted for Christian leaders because people like my Mom think that scaring kids into being good is what should happen. She has no idea that my brother and I turned out good in-spite of her, not because of her.

Archived