Hondo's Bar

Starcraft II

Stilly

Official Site

From Kotaku:

Tonight, or this morning depending on where you are, Blizzard has finally unveiled its latest creation that's been driving fans and press into insane bouts of hideously inaccurate speculation for weeks. It's been nearly 10 years since the original was first released, and now it is finally time for StarCraft 2.

The game was just officially unvieled tonight at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Seoul Korea. I've been peeking in on the live blogging they are doing over at IGN. No update on the website yet, but I've got my eye on it. So far they've show a cinematic vid and now gameplay footage.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After whatever it was that happened with Ghost, I'm not jumping for joy until I see screenshots. Wait, Ghost had screenshots. I'm not jumping for joy until there's a release date. Wait, Ghost had a release date. I'm not jumping for joy until it's in my freakin' hands!

Wait a minute? What the hell was Starcraft:Ghost. An expansion or a sequel?

ghostsmall.jpg

Starcraft: Ghost was going to be a stealth-oriented third person action game that had you as, well you guessed it, a Ghost (the stealthy shotgun carrying guys with nuclear capabilities). It was originally announced way back in 2002 and wasn't officially cancelled until August last year. Well, technically even now it's not cancelled, they just finally pulled the development team off the project and let them work on something else.

Here's how it was looking before they finally gave up on it, I guess...

scghost_screen008.jpg

562238_20031002_screen006.jpg

ghost_screen004.jpg

ghost_screen017.jpg

ghost_screen028.jpg

scghost_screen002.jpg

Note: A few months back, when someone started a rumor about Blizzard developing World of Starcraft, they used screenshots from this game to support their claims.

And speaking of screens, they've already released some for Starcraft II. It looks great. Looks just like an updated version of the original game (as opposed to going really stylized like Warcraft III did). I can't wait to see how the cinematics are going to look, Blizzard has hands down the best cinematics in the business.

939643_20070519_screen002.jpg

939643_20070519_screen017.jpg

939643_20070519_screen015.jpg

939643_20070519_screen012.jpg

939643_20070519_screen007.jpg

939643_20070519_screen003.jpg

I can't wait to see how the cinematics are going to look, Blizzard has hands down the best cinematics in the business.

Nevermind, I didn't see the trailer the first time... :FHD: Here's one a bit higher quality and English.

"Hell, it's about time." Damn right.

no they're money is just fine.

I'm just not one that forgets a broken heart so easily. I thank them for WoW, but I will never forgive them for Ghost.

I pre-ordered that shit when I was still in HS, and only got my money back in january!

So let's see here...you got:

Warcraft I, II, & III

Starcraft

Justice League Task Force

Diablo I & II

The Lost Vikings I & II

World of Warcraft

And you're pissed because of a lost game that would have potentially ruined the canon and screwed us out of any chance of Starcraft II.

Might as well be pissed that they cancelled Warcraft Adventures.

So let's see here...you got:

Warcraft I, II, & III

Starcraft

Justice League Task Force

Diablo I & II

The Lost Vikings I & II

World of Warcraft

And you're pissed because of a lost game that would have potentially ruined the canon and screwed us out of any chance of Starcraft II.

Might as well be pissed that they cancelled Warcraft Adventures.

You forgot Blackthorne, Rock n' Roll Racing, and Death and Return of Superman!

Okay, I keep hearing about Ghost. Here's what fucked up with Ghost, it wasn't being developed by Blizzard, it was being developed by a sister company that I forget the details but they went under or something, well then it went to Swinging Ape studios and something happened with them too. But the point is, blaming Blizzard for Ghost failing is like blaming James Cameron if Rob Zombie's Halloween sucks. Plus Blizzard always fails with putting a new spin on their series (sans WoW) but never with the OG.

But anyhow, between this and the return of Hitman I think I'm the happiest I have ever been in my life.

Actually, I was pissed about that too. That looked cool back in the day.

I'm in agreement there, who cares if it looked like The Lion King with orcs and I'm actually almost sure that the voice on the trailer did Disney trailers, I still wanted to play it! That was the last we've heard of Zul'Jin! He was completely gone in WarCraft 3 and he was my favorite character in the whole series.

Amen. I'd still rather spend my time beating Full Throttle for the zillionth time or escaping from Monkey Island, than play most any of the first person shooters they're putting out now. 'S why I thank god for Telltale Games. Not quite as great as the old Lucasarts or Sierra stuff, but still pretty good, and they're doing a fine job continuing the Sam & Max legacy.

Eh, shooters are all the rave (halo 3 soon wont change that) but im enjoying Resistance.

I enjoyed Warcarft 2 and Starcraft on LAN fests but im not really a PC gamer so i dont see the big draw to either series, tho i was a bigger fan of Diablo. That said, i was just talking to Bish about how much i loved Maniac Mansion on NES, and Monkey Island on panch's PC in the day. The point-and-click genre was a lotta fun and quirky but i dont see why it never crossed over, id always wanted to play Grim Fandango, Indy: Atlantis, etc. Newt left me Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle years ago, i just found them again recnetly and between them and Bone (SB, howd that turn out?) i might have to actually use my comptuer for gaming again one day. I even went & got Escape from Monkey Island for PS2...hows that one, while were at it?

They've still only done two episodes of Bone. They stopped on it for a while to put out Sam & Max games but now that those are done, I imagine they'll get back to them. Out From Boneville was good but not great. They put out a "director's cut" version of it a few months later that improved it quite a bit, and they gave people free upgrades if they already paid for the game (which was nice). The Great Cow Race was even better. If their Sam & Max games are anything to go by, they'll just keep getting better as they go.

Archived