Hondo's Bar

Whats with all the hype?

Prometheus.

Seriously, I watched it 3 times this week trying to see why people have such raging hard-ons for that movie. As someone who loves the Alien franchise, I am dissapoint. Now that I have seen it a total of 4 times am I allowed to publicly state that I don't think it's a good film? It has a couple fun moments but overall it just wasn't that great.

Prometheus.

Seriously, I watched it 3 times this week trying to see why people have such raging hard-ons for that movie. As someone who loves the Alien franchise, I am dissapoint. Now that I have seen it a total of 4 times am I allowed to publicly state that I don't think it's a good film? It has a couple fun moments but overall it just wasn't that great.

No. No you are not.

F'real though, I dug it, but I do get why people didn't.

Prometheus.

I've just always guessed that anyone wanting to see an Aliens franchise film wasn't going to dig Prometheus because it's not the mediocre horseshit that follows Aliens the movie(by which I mean 3 & Resurrection).

In terms of overhyped things I'm willing to call Aliens as a franchise down to the stage. Alien and Aliens were great, moody sci-fi horrors. The latter half was pretty average(Dead Space follows the same arc interestingly).

I'd say the same about the entire Die Hard franchise too but I'll have to watch 'em before I start mouthing off about it.