Hondo's Bar

thor superman fight

arc

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love MARVEL and I'm a fan through and through, but I LOVE Superman (lika a father, perves) and I do have a certain fondess of Batman. It does no change that Batman is overrated though. I've always seen it like this but Marvel kinda fucked it up at one point, but this is how it shoulda gone down and wil if ever have the chance to fix it.

What needs to openly ackknowledged is that SUPERMAN can defeat anyone in any other Universe any time, with the exception of MARVEL's SILVER SURFER. MARVEL's tops however can defeat ANYONE ELSE from EVERY other Universe. Thor, is better than any other Universe counter part, Spidey, Cap, Wolvie ALL of em' are unrivaled by any other Universe. The Justice League is REALLY truly Supes, Bats, & Diana IF they ever really fought the TRUE Avengers really - Cap, Tony and Thor it'd be Supes vs. Thor, Cap vs. Bats and Tony vs. Diana DC get 2 outta 3 Diana and Supes win but Cap n Thor would take out the Amazon at which point Supes'd pick em apart.

jesus. your JLA vs Avengers thing'd be cool to see.

you rate Surfer as the top powerhouse for Marvel? you gotta read the ongoing World War Hulk, man...Hulk smacked up Surfer before he even started with Black Bolt, Iron Man and like everyone else. its down to the Sentry (not sure if you know 'im) and Thor at this point, after Strange smashes, or whatever.

I been reading not ish 3 yet, but your reference to Planet Hulk and The Sky Rider is ludacris, SS was depowered, or powered down, what ever. After coming through that tunnel shit, any who SS has been repowered by Galactus no less and is once again the cosmic powered ass kicker that stood the world devourer. He's beaten the Hulk. I do have a profound and now utmost respect for the Hulk he definetly #2. The Sentry is complete shit Thor should be 3rd and I can carry on.

yeah, youre right, he was depowered, and he's beaten the hulk, youre right. so youre saying for you its, Surfer, Hulk, then Thor? Man, the old-school Thor had that "madder i get, stronger i get" thing that'd give surfer a run for his money...current Thor, i got no idea, i gotta read his new book.

oddly enough, im pretty sure ive read a spidey book where he went cosmic and damn near beat the surfer, no lie.

Didn't Thor used to turn back into his mortal counterpart when separated from his hammer for a certain amount of time? I thought something like that happened in the Infinity Gauntlet war. As for the current Thor, he is the old Thor (what's his name Dr. Blake or something?)

Sentry needs to be killed off. Permanently.

Prime? Go fight Pitt.

IC c'mon Cosmic Spidey? Why not ninja Wolvie? It was a gimmick a schtick, dont count. Surfer been wilding the power cosmic forever - his villians: Galactus, Thanos, Mephisto, gone toe to toe w/ Doc Doom, and sew of others that BUILD universes. Lyc if th hammer did get away from him and Supes picked it up (and we all know he's worthy) - WOW. 1st Thor was actually Eric Masterson, think he died or sumthin...but yeah IC Thors' been good, pick it up.

Prime? Go fight Pitt.

IC c'mon Cosmic Spidey? Why not ninja Wolvie? It was a gimmick a schtick, dont count. Surfer been wilding the power cosmic forever - his villians: Galactus, Thanos, Mephisto, gone toe to toe w/ Doc Doom, and sew of others that BUILD universes. Lyc if th hammer did get away from him and Supes picked it up (and we all know he's worthy) - WOW. 1st Thor was actually Eric Masterson, think he died or sumthin...but yeah IC Thors' been good, pick it up.

First one was Donald Blake. Eric Masterson was bonded to Thor for a while, but ended up becoming Thunderstrike after Thor was freed. You were right about Masterson being dead, though.

EDIT: Superman's a bit too unbalanced to be worthy, in my opinion. Wonder Woman's picked it up, though (if I recall correctly). That was part of a horrid Marvel/DC crossover storyline, though.

Edited by Lycaon

First one was Donald Blake. Eric Masterson was bonded to Thor for a while, but ended up becoming Thunderstrike after Thor was freed. You were right about Masterson being dead, though.

EDIT: Superman's a bit too unbalanced to be worthy, in my opinion. Wonder Woman's picked it up, though (if I recall correctly). That was part of a horrid Marvel/DC crossover storyline, though.

How is Superman anymore unbalanced then Captain America, who can also pick up the hammer?

Also the Amalgam Universe and related cross over was a far cry from horrid. Unfortunately it has so much wasted potential.

forgive me if i'm wrong, i'm not up to scratch on my dc,

but did'nt spidey beat superboy in marvel vs dc crossover?

and is'nt superboy superman's clone or something?

if spidey can go toe to toe with superman's clone then surely thor or the hulk could beat him.

especially the hulk, there's really nothing to suggest supes would beat the hulk, except his place in the minds of people.

y'know? both hulk and supes have taken similar damage, a bombs etc.

it appears the hulk can't be killed and if he was really up against it as he would be with supes, would'nt he just madder and madder and therefore stronger and stronger, eventually becoming strong enough to beat him?

also is'nt thor a god and immortal? could'nt he just fight supes for 300-400 years, wait for supes to get to old age and then kill him?

forgive me if i'm wrong, i'm not up to scratch on my dc,

but did'nt spidey beat superboy in marvel vs dc crossover?

and is'nt superboy superman's clone or something?

if spidey can go toe to toe with superman's clone then surely thor or the hulk could beat him.

especially the hulk, there's really nothing to suggest supes would beat the hulk, except his place in the minds of people.

y'know? both hulk and supes have taken similar damage, a bombs etc.

it appears the hulk can't be killed and if he was really up against it as he would be with supes, would'nt he just madder and madder and therefore stronger and stronger, eventually becoming strong enough to beat him?

also is'nt thor a god and immortal? could'nt he just fight supes for 300-400 years, wait for supes to get to old age and then kill him?

Your logic is flawed from the beginning, because in that crossover (DC VS MARVEL) Superman kick the shit outta Hulk, if I remember.

And if we start to think about the characters getting old, Batman, Superman, The X-Men and many more should be retired by now. Apparently the "getting older" DNA works on a random way. Nightwind (Dick Grayson AKA the first Robin), The Punisher, etc...

So you're wrong on both counts...

There have been various Superboy's through out the years but currently the most popular one is known by his Kryptonian name as Kon-El and by his human alias Conner Kent. This Superboy fought Ben Reilly (also known as the Scarlet Spider and the second Spider-Man) but never the real Spiderman. This Superboy is a composit clone coposed of both Superman's and Lex Luther's DNA. As a result Superboy's powers are very different from Superman. His powers are mostly telekinetic which allows for the imitation of most of Superman's powers like flight and invincibility.

TeenTitans-Cv24.PNG

SpideyCostumes.jpg

Regarding the Superman versus Hulk fight, it really wasn't much of a fight because Superman had to save the Hulk in the mist of it. A much more realistic view of what Superman can do is found within "The Authority" comics when Apollo dismissed their Hulk equivalent. I won't say how but it was swiftly.

We often forget exactly what Superman can do and it's mostly because his powers have changed from season to season. When he was first conceived he had no hair or powers. Later he got them all, including telekinesis, at a much greater scale. I even heard that he once even moved the moon. The current Superman has become considerably weaker but he still does posses more fight relative powers than Thor. Superman never uses most of them, mostly because of bad writing, but if Thor summons lighting Superman can doge it. Thor can't doge the heat vision or even Superman's Flash like punches for long. If Thor throws his hammer Superman can grab it and use it (I mean if Wonder Woman who has killed people can why not Superman right) or at least he can throw it back. The only problem for Superman would be Thor's magic and that shard of kryptonite that everyone just happens to have when they fight Superman.

It's Nightwing and he has not grown all that much older in a while either. I guess that ageing keels over when you become a superhero.

Edited by arc

That Marvel vs DC crossover was an abortion on paper. Some of the fights where bullshit, while others took place off panel (wolvie vs. lobo). It was a popularity contest by the fans who got to write in who would win, and the writers would raw it up.

It sucked major dingleberries

It's Nightwing and he has not grown all that much older in a while either. I guess that ageing keels over when you become a superhero.

Little Typo....

And yes, you're right. Nobody likes Superman because of his shitty writers. It's a great characther when GOOD writers makes us remember that.

And yes Arch, It was the worst of an era that DC vs Marvel. It was a big commercial scam...