Hondo's Bar

Ask SM

baytor: i think eyes wide shut, or boiler room were just misunderstood by mainstream idiots

signal: you sure u want pictures???

asc: i smashed my hand against the dashboard and broke it, it's in a cast... and since i'm a baggage handler, my job may be in jeopardy, but i already got a replacement car and such, so i'm optimistic, luckily, my car and health insurance will cover my health costs 100%

baytor: i think eyes wide shut, or boiler room were just misunderstood by mainstream idiots

i knew you were in boiler room, but i did'nt know you were in eyes wide shut

signal: you sure u want pictures???

i think i speak for everyone here (except jumbie) when i say, no man we're ok. thanks though

asc: i smashed my hand against the dashboard and broke it, it's in a cast... and since i'm a baggage handler, my job may be in jeopardy, but i already got a replacement car and such, so i'm optimistic, luckily, my car and health insurance will cover my health costs 100%

shit sorry about the job, but at least you did'nt do any serious damage and you're insurance is covering the costs.

Okay here's one I been curious about for a long time, and I'm surprised no one has asked this up to this point (maybe I'm the last one who knows why who knows), but I am deathly curious. How did you come up with "SpunkyMonkey" for your Hondo's screenname?

I was somethingmanly... on here and on the knoll; SM was my acronym in both places. During civil war, the knoll came up with a trolling idea where someone with a new screenname would come in and act all nice as a new member and then turn the place to hell, similar to what happened to the knoll with MM. This was all a joke though, no one was serious of doing it... during this joking assertion in the chat session, they somehow chose me to do it and everyone there started coming up with alternative screenames i could make to do it with, one of which was Spunky Monkey... which made everyone laugh hysterically. After the chat, i decided, on my own, to make the screename and troll the place as a "new member" to see how people to react to the real me without the archangel bias that was brought upon me by joining in association to arch... it worked great for like 2 weeks, as i even racked up 200 posts, half of what i had done with somethingmanly in the 8 months i had been there with that name. Then, kerstin found out on her own... as smart as she is, and asked me to come out with it cause she said people would be pissed... so i did, and decided to keep this name as opposed to the other one since u guys seemed to ignore everything i said under somethingmanly, but responded to me normally under spunky monkey

and actually, you all still do... if i try and log on with that one to say something, no one responds to me, while with this one, i get a normal reaction... weird how that works.

Then, kerstin found out on her own... as smart as she is, and asked me to come out with it cause she said people would be pissed... so i did, and decided to keep this name as opposed to the other one since u guys seemed to ignore everything i said under somethingmanly, but responded to me normally under spunky monkey

I too figured you out...

stupid smart nicaraguans....

I too figured you out...

stupid smart nicaraguans....

uhhh... u knew the entire time cause u were in that knoll chat

So what kind of benefits do you get working for the airline industry?

severely reduced healthcare costs... and free unlimited standby flights on my airline and its express subsidiaries, access to VIP lounges, and 10% cost of the most expensive coach fare on other airlines (depending on time with the company, anywhere from 6 months to two years depending on airline) so like, a Y-Fare, which is the highest available coach fare, to say... australia, that is $3,500 would cost me $350 as an employee of my airline if i took say, Qantas or United, and I go standby, all travel is space available standby, if a seat is open, its urs... even if it's first class or coach

free travel for me, my spouse/domestic partner/or a desginated registered guest (that i can change once a year and can be anyone i want... but only if not married can i put a RG or DP) kids, and parents also travel free, plus you get buddy passes, the buddy pass system is different for each airline, AA has 6 designated friends who get unlimited buddy pass access for as long as they're designated plus 24 one way tickets to give out to anyone, buddy passes travel at a service charge which varies per destinations, also standby, and the most expensive i've seen is like $250 to asia, one way... travel for family is free, as well as for me.

I also get hotel discounts, car rental discounts, special cruise ship airline employee prices and packages, as well as special resort rates at certain resorts, since employees of hotels/cars/cruises/resorts all get airline discounts so it's all reciprocal, plus anything sponsored by American Airlines I can get into for free, and I get reduced tickets prices to venues at the American Airlines Arena in Miami and American Airlines Center in Dallas... but only if me or my spouse/dp attends, like, i can't get a friend a hotel discount, i'd need to be present for them to give it to me, and give them my employee ID... or my spouse/dp can go with a letter... kids are only recognized until age 21, or age 24 if they are in school and ur dependent.

I actually went on vacation to Montreal for a week in November and spent $75 total, most on food and taxes. Healthcare is nice, real cheap, like $40 a month for myself, ummm... can't think of much else... 401k, pension plans also, and they match ur 401k on retirement after a certain number of years of service... plus, you only have to work 10% of your schedule every two weeks, and the rest you can swap off to other employees if you want, after probation...

...so i did, and decided to keep this name as opposed to the other one since u guys seemed to ignore everything i said under somethingmanly, but responded to me normally under spunky monkey

and actually, you all still do... if i try and log on with that one to say something, no one responds to me, while with this one, i get a normal reaction... weird how that works.

It's because you were/are more open and vocal with this name than you were with the other. You were/are more at ease using this name.

Archived