Hondo's Bar

Ghostbusters SUPER Poll!

The Official Hondo's Ghostbusters SUPER Poll!  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of all those comedians/actors, the only ones I could see as Ghostbusters are maybe Ben Stiller and Will Arnett. I think Denis Leary and Sarah Silverman should be in a Ghostbusters movie, but I don't think they should be Ghostbusters. The only actors off the top of my head that I think could actually make really good new Ghostbusters are Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman. When he's at his best, Reynolds has that classic Bill Murray/Chevy Chase "I'm so much cooler than everything going on around me that I'm just going to crack wise all day" vibe. That's very important to have on the Ghostbusters team and none of the actors on your list have that. Bateman, on the other hand, would be perfect as either the Ray or the Egon to Reynolds' Venkman.

Oh, and since Bill Murray is pushing for a female team member in the third film, I'd love to see it go to Janeane Garofalo

It must have been very hard to come up with that list of quotes because there are so many greats that didn't make the cut:

"Nobody steps on a church in my town!"

"Yes, it's true. This man has no dick."

"No, we're exterminators. Somebody saw a cockroach up on twelve."

"Listen...do you smell something?"

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

"Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?" "That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me."

"That's a big Twinkie."

"Kitten, I think what I'm saying, is that sometimes, shit happens, someone has to deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

"We had part of a Slinky. But I straightened it."

And of course, my vote for all-time best Ghostbusters line: "We came. We saw. We kicked its ass!"

You know alot of those I put down, but my computer froze! When I did them again, I kinda did it half assed. Sorry. I also had Reynolds down the first time, but forgot himthe second. Bateman I thought of, but cut him from the list at the end. I don't know why.

The quotes and the actors was the hardest. I LOVE ALL the quotes, but my ultimate favorite... the one that gets me every time:

"It's Millah time!"

God, I cry when I hear that line. HAHAHA!

Nah. My pics are mostly New Englanders. It would be kinda an effed up movie a bit, but I think it would work out fine:

20217__rescue_l.jpg

Dennis Leary

adam-sandler.jpg

Adam Sandler

INSIDEMONKEY_Dane-Cook-2007.jpg

Dane Cook

Chappelle would be ok, but I picked..

chris_rock375.jpg

Chris Rock

I have plenty of love for David Cross. I just don't think he'd be good as a Ghostbuster.

Dane Cook? Come on, man!

I'm telling you:

tn2_ryan_reynolds_3.jpg

Ryan Reynolds

13_bateman_lgl.jpg

Jason Bateman

janeane.jpg

Janeane Garofalo

You need some more? Ok, maybe one or two of these guys then:

MC_4a_54-Cera.jpg

Michael Cera

what-are-they-up-to-Alan-Tudyk.jpg

Alan Tudyk

244.krasinski.john.100606.jpgzachary_levi.jpg

John Krasinski or Zachary Levi

ron-livingston-picture-1.jpg

Ron Livingston

2033285_10.jpgJohnReilly1.jpg

William H Macy or John C Reilly

casey_affleck.jpg

Casey Affleck

officialphoto.jpg

Steve Zahn

People who should stay as far away from Ghostbusters as possible: Adam Sandler, Dane Cook, Seth Rogen, Chris Rock, Jonah Hill, Will Ferrell, and fuckin' Carlos Mencia.

Mencia has no business in a movie, not a main stream one anyways. His tv show suits him perfectly, and leave him to that domain. I like Dane Cook, but not so much as an actor. He was good in My Best Friends Girl, surprisingly, but the rest of his flicks, cast him needing to stay at the comedian level.

Reynolds is 10 times the better actor, and would do great in any type of comedic suit. I'd like to see Garofalo sure, but I'd rather see Ali Larter with nerdy glasses, or a nerded out Rachel Weisz. Alan Tudyk and Reily would be great too. Cera needs to grow up a bit first.

Why's he gotta be 'fucking Carlos Mencia'? I added him as the Hispanic choice. What about John Leguizamo? Don't hate on the Latins, man.

I'm not hating on him because he's Latin, I'm hating on him because he's an unfunny, joke-stealing, lowest common denominator, "let me make a loud noise or dumb face to cue my audience when it's time for them to laugh", talentless jackass.

You want a good Hispanic choice? How about Joshua Gomez? Nestor Carbonell? Rick Gonzalez? Jorge Garcia? Oscar Nunez? Charlie Sheen?

I like Dane Cook, but not so much as an actor. He was good in My Best Friends Girl, surprisingly, but the rest of his flicks, cast him needing to stay at the comedian level.

The only movie I've ever liked Dane Cook in was Mr. Brooks, and that's mainly because

he gets killed with a shovel near the end.

now this is a poll!

cross would be a hoot, im surprised will smith's not on the list but on 2nd thought, it was comedians. just always saw him as a shoe-in for winston 2.

again, david cross would be awesome, and SBs picks arent bad either.

i love leary, we all know this, i just dont know that he'd work beyond being the new walter peck. also, sheen's hispanic?

Panch, it was Good Luck Chuck

and Nikoli... Charlie Sheen is an Estevez man. Emilio is his brother, and Martin Sheen is the papi. Martin and Charlie changed their names for screenplay purposes, bc they didnt want to be casted as hispanics. They are all 3 in fact hispanic. Emilio kept his birthname.

Charlie is actually: Carlos Irwin Estévez

Martin is actually: Ramón Gerardo Antonio Estévez

Martins dad is from Parderrubias, Galicia, Spain, whilst his mother is from... wait for it... waaaiiit... County Tipperary, Ireland. Aka, land of Alive She Cried.

GASP! Anyways, yeah this poll's nuts. I thought of Will Smith and I almost put him but I thought he's gotten too big for this kinda movie. You know if he was casted, he'd be the star and anyone else would just be in his shadow (he can't be a Winston). I made that portion of the poll as a theoretical casting call for a new set of Ghostbusters. You know, and the originals would pass the torch.

the default, ive always figured (didnt ackroyd say as much on an interview once?) was that the original squad are old and very much outta shape, so in come these new whippersnappers with their hippin' and their hoppin' and zany hijinx ensue as the non-venkman ones just dont see to "get it" but in proper 80's form, an evil so great manifests that only the spunk and moxie of the new kids + the experience of the veterans combined can save NY. it ends with Will Smith covering Run DMC's theme to the 2nd movie, and Ray shrugging and saying "here we go again!" and then slimer farts, roll credits.

shit directs itself, and yet we'd love it.

Archived