Hondo's Bar

THE BEATLES Rock Band!

MetalHeart

I'm so wet for this!!

New York, NY - March 5, 2009 - Apple Corps, Ltd., Harmonix and MTV Games, a part of Viacom's MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today announced the 9/9/09 worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band (http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com). The music-based video game, an unprecedented, experiential progression through and celebration of the music and artistry of The Beatles, will be available simultaneously worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Wii home videogame console from Nintendo.

The Beatles: Rock Band will allow fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band's legendary career. In addition, The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a limited number of new hardware offerings modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr throughout their career.

The Beatles: Rock Band will be offered as standalone software and hardware as well as a limited edition bundle. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers and other current music-based video game peripherals.

* Available on 9/9/09: The Beatles: Rock Band Software - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $59.99 MSRP

* The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $99.99 MSRP

* The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $249.99 MSRP

Please note: Pricing outside of the US to be announced at a later date.

The Beatles: Rock Band marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Harrisongs Ltd, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, has agreed to present The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. The Beatles: Rock Band will be published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world's premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band. Electronic Arts will serve as distribution partner for the game. In addition, Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project, is providing his expertise and serving as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.

Exclusive content created by Apple Corps, MTV Games and Harmonix will be made available to fans over the next few months who participate in a pre-order campaign through major retailers. More details on The Beatles: Rock Band game and pre-order will be revealed in the coming months.

Please visit http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pricing for the Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition bundle is set at $249.99. Almost $100 more than the regular old Rock Band 2 Bundles or Guitar Hero Bundles...I don't know what all is included in the limited edition set but that's the price Gamestop is listing. Subject to change of course.

It has not been officially confirmed, but this statement:

In addition, The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a limited number of new hardware offerings modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr throughout their career.

Would imply that the premium bundle include three guitar peripherals, and if that's true, it might imply that some songs will include separate lead and rhythm guitar tracks, so the singer would have to sing and play guitar (or whatever instrument the lead vocalist on any given song plays), or you'd need 5 players to have full band play if the singer is just singing. That's alot to speculate, but that's ok, because speculation is fun. I would think that at the very least, the premium bundle includes two guitars.

Adding a 5th would be weird (not to mention busy up the screen even more than it is now). Maybe they'll have a stand or headset that would come with it?? But if that's the case not everyone can sing and play the guitar/drums at once (though it is a lot of fun to do :weep:). I'mma see if I can find more info on the bundle.

I don't think the info is available yet, but if you do find it, please share. A headset would not be very Beatles. Anyway, that part about peripherals modeled after each other the Beatles' own instruments sounds like 3 guitars to me....

same

Off the Gamestop website:

Limited Edition Premium Bundle includes

* The Beatles: Rock Band software

* Höfner Bass controller

* The Beatles branded Rock Band drums

* Microphone and Microphone Stand

* and additional special content

Edit - more stuff:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/14/the-beat...in-replica-bas/

GameStop just announced details of the Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle. According to an email sent out to customers, the Bundle will include a a Höfner bass, "The Beatles-inspired and Ludwig-branded Rock Band drums with classic pearl finish, a metal kick pedal and a vintage replica drumhead," a microphone and stand, as well as "additional special content." We're guessing that the drum set's careful description means it'll be an embellished Rock Band 2 drum set, rather than an accurate replica of Ludwig drums. You can get an idea of what it's supposed to look like at the game's website.

And we're also guessing that EA couldn't get the rights to a Rickenbacker guitar. Even if it is Paul McCartney's bass, the inclusion of a bass and no guitar seems odd!

The email teases an upcoming The Beatles: Rock Band Pre-order Club, which enables members to "receive breaking news and access to exclusive game elements, including art and behind-the-scenes footage." You know, if you're a huge fan of ... pre-ordering.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't preordered yet :( but If you have preordered, you can get exclusive updates on the game and that comes with it

The first update (on May/5/2009) Gave an "exclusive sneak peak at two standalone controllers based on signature instruments used by The Beatles"

The second one:

www.thebeatlesrockband.com/preorderclub

Today’s update includes an exclusive first look at the The Beatles: Rock Band Höfner bass controller, a large-scale replica of the bass famously used by Sir Paul McCartney.

I haven't preordered yet :( but If you have, you can go to the link and check out the updates! Wee!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/

The Beatles: Rock Band was unveiled today at Microsoft’s E3 press conference in a world premiere attended by Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, along with Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison.

Alright, let me know if I should start moving Beatles Rockband related info to Nintendorks, but HOLY FUCK LOOKY LOOK!!

Instruments:

instruments.jpg

Play on exclusive replicas of the instruments that The Beatles played, including:

* John Lennon’s

Rickenbacker 325 guitar

* Sir Paul McCartney’s trademark

Höfner bass

* George Harrison’s

Gretsch Duo Jet guitar

* Ringo Starr’s

drums with classic black oyster

pearl finish and Ludwig-branded

Beatles kick drum head

In game?

5.jpg

2.jpg

and now.... trailers!! and shings

http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/trailer.php

From “I Want to Hold Your Hand” to “Get Back,” every song in “The Beatles: Rock Band” comes directly from the Abbey Road master tapes. The song list spans the length of The Beatles’ career, including:

* I Saw Her Standing There

* I Want to Hold Your Hand

* I Feel Fine

* Day Tripper

* Taxman

* I Am The Walrus

* Back In The U.S.S.R.

* Octopus’s Garden

* Here Comes The Sun

* Get Back

And more…

Follow The Beatles from their earliest days to their triumphant Ed Sullivan Show appearance and beyond. Join them in the studio at Abbey Road and experience dreamscapes that put you inside the psychedelic era.

* Cavern Club

* The Ed Sullivan Theater

* Shea Stadium

* Budokan

* Abbey Road

* Rooftop

And more…

OK, so I'm still dying to see the complete track list. I am so happy to see that I Saw Her Standing There is in the game. Since Music Rhythm games are so largely party games, Birthday really should make the cut. Also, I loved the Unison bonus during Back In The USSR.

The style of the second trailer is so awesome, and will make for great cut scenes, but the in-game footage seemed a bit stiff. I hope the final version gives them a little more fluidness of movement.

OK, so I'm still dying to see the complete track list. I am so happy to see that I Saw Her Standing There is in the game. Since Music Rhythm games are so largely party games, Birthday really should make the cut. Also, I loved the Unison bonus during Back In The USSR.

The style of the second trailer is so awesome, and will make for great cut scenes, but the in-game footage seemed a bit stiff. I hope the final version gives them a little more fluidness of movement.

I agree with everything. I can't wait to see the completed tracklist, and the vocal choices to sing either melody or harmony is SWEET!

OK, so evidently, All You Need Is Love will be available as DLC at some point as a 360 exclusive and all proceeds from that song will go to Doctors Without Borders. Also, there will be full albums available as DLC, Abbey Road being the first available "shortly after launch." Since it's Harmonix and not Activision, individual songs would also be available for purchase, but it's possible that IF the Beatles wanted albums to be sold as albums only and not have the tracks sold individually, then Harmonix would have compromised on that.

So, Here Comes The Sun and Octopus' Garden were both in the trailer, but I don't think they were definitively confirmed as both being in-game songs. One (or both) could have been part of the Abbey Road album DLC. I am so happy that with that DLC album we will have I Want You (She's So Heavy), and I hope the 'Side Two Medley' (all the songs from You Never Give Me Your Money through The End) can be played continuously. Oh man, The End is going to be so awesome....

That's said, here is a list of the songs I really want to see in the game as either in-game or DLC (confirmed songs not included):

She Loves You, Long Tall Sally, I'm Down, Boys, Twist & Shout, A Hard Day's Night, I Should Have Know Better, I'm A Loser, Baby's In Black, Rock N' Roll Music, Help!, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Ticket To Ride, Act Naturally, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, We Can Work It Out, Paperback Writer, Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, Hey Jude, Revolution (single version), Don't Let Me Down, the Ballad or John and Yoko and the following albums as DLC: With The Beatles, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper's, Magical Mystery Tour, the White Album, and Let It Be.

Edit: A Hard Day's Night and Paperback Writer were both in the second trailer MH posted, which I'm assuming now is the intro cut scene for the game's title screen (much like the band playing on top of cars in the desert trailers for RB1 and RB2 were the title screen cut scenes), so those songs are as good as confirmed. They wouldn't be in the title intro if not in the game.

did i get lost? why is this not in the gaming forum?

Did you read my posts? I asked if I should leave the RockBand stuff here in the ALLBEATLESTHREADICLES or if should be moved to Nintendorks. I'm assuming you will prefer the latter, so I'll compile all of it now <3

ah, sorry m'love, was sleep deprived and missed that bit, glad its here now.

so, i can say with certainty that you (MH), Jax etc shall buy the game...who's thinking about the massive set, though?

ah, sorry m'love, was sleep deprived and missed that bit, glad its here now.

so, i can say with certainty that you (MH), Jax etc shall buy the game...who's thinking about the massive set, though?

haha I was just being a jerk. but I lurve ya!! <3

I'm definitely getting it for my birthday. Going to donate my old drums/guitars to TheLogan or if they don't want them to anyone here who does? I'm sure I can find somebody with a 360 who would want the old peripherals for free.

Am I the only one that utterly hates The Beatles? I mean, I hate The Beatles (especially that fucking hippie John Lenon), not their music. I actually like (and can even come to sing) some of their songs.

I don't know why... maybe it's one of those childish hate fits when you can't stand something so incredibly popular (even more when you feel it is pretty damn mediocre).

Still, the game looks nice and with a lot of great little details. I'm sure it'll deliver.

Really? I find John Lenon to be extremely annoying... although I have more of a problem with post-Beatles Lenon than with Beatles Lenon, because during Beatles days, I find them to be so damn bland.

Except for Ringo, who has always been awesome.

• 1 month later...
Be sure to tune into the "Late Show with David Letterman" tonight on CBS (Wednesday 7/15, 11:30 PM ET/PT) as Paul McCartney returns to the Ed Sullivan Theater where, as part of The Beatles, he made his U.S. television debut on "The Ed Sullivan Show".

This is Sir Paul's first appearance on the Late Show, and there are sure to be some surprises during his interview and performance!

WATCH IT :2T:

Archived