Hondo's Bar

THE BEATLES Rock Band!

MetalHeart

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? I find John Lenon to be extremely annoying... although I have more of a problem with post-Beatles Lenon than with Beatles Lenon, because during Beatles days, I find them to be so damn bland.

Except for Ringo, who has always been awesome.

Yeah, I always felt that The Beatles was really code for 'those guys who play with Ringo'.

I hope being one of the two remaining living Beatles give Ringo some power in getting the songs he sang into the game (besides Octopus' Garden and Yellow Submarine, already confirmed), because they we might get I Wanna Be Your Man and Act Naturally. If I could sing those songs, it would be so awesome....

More songs announced

• Do You Want To Know A Secret

• I Wanna Be Your Man

• And Your Bird Can Sing

• Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / With a Little Help from My Friends

• Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows

• Birthday

• Dig A Pony

• I've Got A Feeling

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / With a Little Help from My Friends are a single track out of the 45 in the game, and Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows is the mashup from the Love album.

So, I mentioned a few days ago how much I wanted I Want To Be Your Man, so I'm really pleased with that. Birthday is also great...one of the best guitar riffs in rock, plus perfect for birthday get-togethers. And Your Bird Can Sing is also awesome. Dig A Pony and I've Got A Feeling are also awesome. I could have taken or left Do You Want To Know A Secret. All in all, this list is shaping up nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for this to come out! One more month! Aarty and I are getting the Limited Edition set ad we don't have a full Rock Band set, just the one guitar from GH3.

I know it will look a little odd ball when/if I get the Gene Simmons Demon Axe guitar off my wish list, but meh what evs. I guess we're the only ones we know going with the Wii version.

Between DLC & acessory quality(not to mention achievements :yup: ), you're definitely best-served getting it for 360. When did the dreaded RROD fairy visit you?

Around a month ago :( It's happened once before, and this was the refurbed console that was sent back. Such sadness.

oh, goddammit. i had to send off a friend's xbox for the same laziness! they dont send the box anymore, but you can usually find another one, or uh, use the one you bought it in if you still have it - you just have to package around it. theyll send you the label so its free to mail, though! do i gotta call MS for you guys? i know ou're busy, but seriously, you're entitled to a working system!

and al l its gonna cost is getting seej on the hondo's leaderboards

• 2 weeks later...

CONFIRMED BITCHES!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles:_Rock_Band

Year Song title Original album Associated venue

"A Hard Day's Night" A Hard Day's Night Ed Sullivan Theater

"And Your Bird Can Sing" Revolver Budokan

"Back in the U.S.S.R." The Beatles (The White Album) Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Birthday" The Beatles (The White Album) Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Boys" Please Please Me TBA

"Can't Buy Me Love" A Hard Day's Night Ed Sullivan Theater

"Come Together" Abbey Road TBA

"Day Tripper" Single Budokan

"Dear Prudence" The Beatles (The White Album) Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Dig a Pony" Let It Be Rooftop Concert

"Do You Want to Know a Secret" Please Please Me Cavern Club

"Don't Let Me Down" Single TBA

"Drive My Car" Rubber Soul TBA

"Eight Days a Week" Beatles for Sale Shea Stadium

"Get Back" Let It Be Rooftop Concert

"Getting Better" Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band TBA

"Good Morning Good Morning" Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band TBA

"Hello Goodbye" Magical Mystery Tour TBA

"Helter Skelter" The Beatles (The White Album) TBA

"Here Comes the Sun" Abbey Road Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Hey Bulldog" Yellow Submarine Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"I Am the Walrus" Magical Mystery Tour Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"I Feel Fine" Single Shea Stadium

"I Me Mine" Let It Be TBA

"I Saw Her Standing There" Please Please Me Cavern Club

"I Want to Hold Your Hand" Single Ed Sullivan Theater

"I Want You (She's So Heavy)" Abbey Road TBA

"I Wanna Be Your Man" With The Beatles Ed Sullivan Theater

"If I Needed Someone" Rubber Soul TBA

"I'm Looking Through You" Rubber Soul Shea Stadium

"I've Got a Feeling" Let It Be Rooftop Concert

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band TBA

"Octopus's Garden" Abbey Road Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Paperback Writer" Single Budokan

"Revolution" Single Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" /

"With a Little Help from My Friends"a Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Something" Abbey Road Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Taxman" Revolver Budokan

"Ticket to Ride" Help! Shea Stadium

"Twist and Shout" Please Please Me Cavern Club

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" The Beatles (The White Album) Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows"b Love Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

"Yellow Submarine" Revolver Abbey Road Studios / Dreamscape

+ DLC on the way !!!!!!!

NOW EVEN I AM EXCITED!!1111

So much awesomeness there. As for the songs that weren't confirmed before, here are the one's that most excited me:

1. HEY BULLDOG!!!! My favorite Beatles song, not released on any of their core albums, only on the Yellow Submarine movie soundtrack (which was about 75% previously released songs), so I was not expecting this! The howling at the end of the song will be the best part! The guitar riff is also awesome.

2. Boys. The venue is TBA, but it's certainly going to the Cavern Club. Fun song for Ringo fans.

3. Don't Let Me Down. Admittedly, not a party song, but still good stuff.

4. Helter Skelter. I don't see how they could have left off their most infamous song. This will be fun and parties.

5. I Want You (She's So Heavy). One way or another I was going to have this song, because the Abbey Road album was announced as DLC already, but knowing that I'll have it right away is great news!

6. While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Considering they wanted to strike a balance between all the Beatles and not have the game dominated by John and Paul songs, there was no way this song, arguably George's best, was being left off.

7. Hello Goodbye. This is nothing but fun.

8. Twist and Shout. Come on...quintessential early Beatles.

Now that the final list is out, I can mention what I'm looking forward to in DLC: A Day In The Life, Act Naturally, All My Loving, All Together Now, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey (fuck Yorick, it's an awesome song), Girl, Good Day Sunshine, Got To Get You Into My Life, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Help! (surprised that one didn't make the cut actually), Hey Jude, I'm Down, In My Life, It Won't Be Long, Lady Madonna, Money, Rock N' Roll Music, Rocky Raccoon, Roll Over Beethoven, She Loves You, She's A Woman, The Ballad of John And Yoko, The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill, Til There Was You, Two of Us, We Can Work It Out, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, You Really Got A Hold On Me, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away.

The truth is, I'll probably buy all the DLC.

There are a few songs here that I'm not particularly excited to play. None of which I don't like, but would rather have switched out from another song. Anyway, song I'm made a playlist of the songs to listen in chronological order, and here's some info I've compiled:

• The game doesn't have any songs recorded before their first album, Please Please Me.
  • From Please Please Me there are 4 songs, one sung by each Beatle. If they release the Please Please Me album as DLC, it'll have 10 songs.
  • From With The Beatles there is only 1 song, I Wanna Be Your Man (my personal favorite from that album), sung by Ringo. If they release the With The Beatles album as DLC, it'll have 13 songs.
  • Next is I Wanna Hold Your Hand, a non-album single, and a John & Paul song.
  • From A Hard Day's Night there are 2 songs, a Paul song and a John song (in which Paul sings the bridge). If they release the A Hard Day's Night album as DLC, it'll have 11 songs.
  • Next is I Feel Fine, a non-album single, a John song.
  • From Beatles For Sale there is only 1 song, Eight Days A Week, with John & Paul on vocals. If they release the Beatles For Sale album as DLC, it'll have 11 songs.
  • From Help! there is only 1 song, Ticket To Ride, sung by John. If they release the Help! album as DLC, it'll have 13 songs.
  • Next is Day Tripper and 3 songs of Rubber Soul (the Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out single was release on the same day as the Rubber Soul album as was part of the same recording sessions. These four songs include 2 Paul songs, 1 George song, and 1 song with both John & Paul on lead vocals. If they release the Rubber Soul album as DLC, it'll have 11 songs.
  • Next is Paperback Writer, a non-album single, and a Paul song.
  • From Revolver there are 3 or 4 songs, depending on whether you count Tomorrow Never Knows by John, which appears here in a mashup with Within You Without You which was mixed for the Love album. Not including the mashup, there is 1 John song, 1 George song, and 1 Ringo song. If they release the Revolver album as DLC, it'll have 11 songs if they include the original version of Tomorrow Never Know, and 10 songs if they don't.
  • From Sgt Pepper's there are 4 or 5 or 6 songs, depending on whether you consider the title track and With A Little Help From My Friends to be separate songs, and depending on whether you count Within You Without You by George, which appears in the game as the Love album mashup track. Not including the mashup, there are 2 John songs, 2 Paul songs, and 1 Ringo song. If they release the Sgt Pepper's album as DLC, it'll have 8 songs if it includes the original version of Within You Without You, and 7 if they don't.
  • From Magical Mystery Tour there are 2 songs, 1 John song and 1 Paul song. All You Need Is Love has already been announced as a charity DLC single, so if they release the Magical Mystery Tour album as DLC, it'll have 8 songs.
  • Next is Revolution, a non-album single, a John song.
  • From the White Album there are 5 songs, 2 Paul songs, 1 John song, 1 George song, and 1 John/Paul song. If they release the White Album as DLC, it'll have 25 songs (if you even wanna call Revolution 9 a "song").
  • From the songs that appears exclusively on the Yellow Submarine soundtrack, there is one song, Hey Bulldog, a John song. There are 3 others.
  • Next is Don't Let Me Down, a non-album single and a John song. The single version of Get Back was released with this song, but the Wikipedia list says the game's Get Back is from Let It Be, so we'll presume it's the album mix, which makes sense, since it'll be on the Rooftop Concert venue, and the album version was recorded during that concert, and includes the famous Ringo comment ("I would like to say 'thank you' on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we've passed the audition") which served as a coda for the Let It Be album, and is heard in the game's trailer.
  • Using release order, Abbey Road is next, and from it there are 5 songs, 2 John songs, 2 George songs, and 1 Ringo song. Abbey Road has been confirmed as the first DLC album. The games has 3 stand-alone songs besides the in-game ones, then 7 tracks which comprise the "Big Medley" suite (or the Sun King Medley and the Golden Slumber Medley as two separate medleys, depending on who you ask) and the 23 second mini-song, Her Majesty. So, presuming the songs will be available individually as well as one album, how will these songs break up? I am willing to pay a price reflective of 11 tracks, but I want to pay the medley seamlessly as it plays in the album. It seems like Harmonix really wants Beatles fans to be happy with this game, and they included Sgt Pepper's and With a Little Help From My Friends as one track (though it counts as 2 songs towards the total of 45 they originally announced). Also, it seems silly to have Her Majesty as a individual track.
  • From Let It Be there are 4 songs, 1 John song, 1 Paul song, 1 George song and 1 John/Paul song. If they release the Let It Be album as DLC, it'll have 8 songs.
  • From 2006's Love album, there is 1 song, the Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows (George/John) mashup track.

The breakdown of John/Paul/George/Ringo songs (regarding lead vocals) goes: John-16, Paul-11, George-8, Ringo-5, John&Paul-5.

There are 21 non-album single songs not in the game (6 of which were #1 hits, 4 of which were from the Long Tall Sally EP, and the rest of which were B-sides), plus their German language versions of She Loves Me (Sie Liebt Dich) and I Wanna Hold Your Hand (Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand), which are pretty awesome actually.

Also, who knows if any other songs of Love going to make it to DLC. Or is any of the "Let It Be...Naked" versions might make it. Or any of the Anthology versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick daft question- The Beatles RB Drumkit- it's likely to be a gussied up RB2 kit right? With it's better pads, and little cymbal plug-ins and whatnot...

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Just unsure whether getting what will infact be the closest I'll probably ever get to RB 2 is worth forgoing the last guitar hero drumkit in town.

Archived