Hondo's Bar

Fan trailers & projects

Just found this Green Lantern one with Panch - so bites off the last 5 years of sci-fi, so awesome.

Grayson - the further adventures of Robin (props to panch, id not seen it before)

and for course, Batman Dead End, just in case you somehow missed it.

Wow, the GL one actually has me believing they could pull off a real GL film--with Nathan Fillian! WB will likely go for a younger star that can last w/ the franchise; however, RDJ is Iron Man and he ain't no spring chicken.

Oh, and does anyone know what movie/show they took that last scene from w/ Nathan Fillian talking to the black dude?

Wow, the GL one actually has me believing they could pull off a real GL film--with Nathan Fillian!

That trailer had me thinking they could pull off a GL film with Nathan Fillion made entirely of footage from other movies. :FHD:

The thing with a GL movie franchise is that if your GL gets too old, you can move on to another GL, it's a movie studio's wet dream...you can legitimately drop your star actor an recast your lead if they ask for too much money.

^^

Nice one. It makes me want to watch Fight Club again. Here's a few by the infamous wormyTV:

Would I like that Bryan Singer snoozefest wiped clean and have this movie instead? Yes, please!

For the love of gawd someone make a Thundercats movie half as cool as this trailer!

If we're going to talk about lightsaber battles then Ryan vs dorkman wins hand down.

I'd never heard of those before. They were quite good--exactly what I'd imagine a real life saber fight between two nerds to be. :D Seriously though the editing, fx and cinematography were all well done. The Ho bros. speed and agility combined w/ the RvD2 guys film know-how could make for the ultimate fan lightsaber fighting film.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Episode-I barely had a fight. They kept switching the scenes back and forth which broke the pace. Obi-wan vs darth Maul in the last few seconds where the only decent battle in the movie.

Episode-II had to many close ups and it wasn't well done.

Episode-III was mostly CGI anyway.

Episode-I barely had a fight. They kept switching the scenes back and forth which broke the pace. Obi-wan vs darth Maul in the last few seconds where the only decent battle in the movie.

Episode-II had to many close ups and it wasn't well done.

Episode-III was mostly CGI anyway.

Soooo you're saying the two Dorkman short films were better than Yoda vs. Emperor, Yoda vs. Dooku, Anakin vs. Dooku, Emperor vs. Windu, Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, and Maul vs. Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon Jin?

It's one thing to say the prequels were a disappointment, bed even. But to say those fan flicks are better than this:

That's the crackpipe talkin', man. Craaaaaaaaaaaackpipe talk.

Yeah I'm with Newt, the lightsaber battles in the origin trilogy were all shit. And Darth "I'm so badass that I'm only going to last 10 minutes" Maul was possibly the worst of all of them. I don't know what it is with Liam Neeson and poorly shot fight scenes but he must have carried some of the magical shitty camera work to Batman Begins for that final fight scene.

Dooku went like a bitch, Maul went like a bitch, Qui Gon Jinn went like a bitch, General Grevious went like a major bitch, and Anakin's pivotal fight with Obi-Wan was more funny than anything else. And Yoda vs. Dooku was just entertaining because we all enjoy watching midgets do things like force lift things and do acrobatic moves. The lightsaber battles in the movies were designed for the type of human magpies that actually thought Episode 2 was cool for a while.

No I am a Star Wars fan, which is why I like epic lightsaber fights like the ones in the original trilogy, not "OMFG IT HAS 2 BLADEZ!" I am unimpressed by shiny things and more impressed by good fights, unfrotunately those 3 movies were all about the shiny things.