Hondo's Bar

Free comics, reviews & other links

The NZA

• 10 months later...

image_i_72x137.gif

Image's five-page previews

Here's your chance to check out many of their lesser titles & see which ones are worth pickin up, or at least get a free read off a bunch of em, check it out!

ts_logo.gif

Top Shelf's Blankets - Check out the first few pages of this amazing trade paperback; you'll be glad you did.

book_cover.jpg

Read The Matrix comics here for free!

Pop Culture Shock: Previews - The first few pages of upcoming books, from practically every label!

Mile High Comics: First Look - Exclusive previews of upcoming books!

Edited by Irish Cowboy

• 3 months later...

More good Graphic Novel links....

Review sites:

The 4th Rail - My personal favorite; thorough witout spoiling. Sadly, theyre closed now.

Artbomb.net - If you need more indie stuff covered (tho 4th is good about the big name ones).

Silver Bullet - If you really need a 2nd opinion..

Helpful links:

Trade Paperback List - A fan-run site archiving every mainstream trade, as well as upcoming ones & release dates!

Comic Book Resources - The single largest comics news database out there.

Comic Book Resrouces' Links page - They archive tons of fan sites; good for info & pics on particular characters.

Gray Haven Magazine - An excellent fan site for reviews, news, and such - its admin helped us get back online as well. This guy's taste in trades is top notch.

Professional Organizations

logo.gif

Comic Book Legal Defense Fund - Frank Miller, Neil Gaiman & many others fight to stop comic censorship, they've done a world of good. Whether you're large or small press, they'll get legal backing for you.

Logo.gif

ACTOR - A Comittment To Our Roots - The first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need. "...creating a financial safety net for yesterday’s creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and entrée back into paying work."

FBR_1.jpg

Fanboy Radio - I met Scott Hinze (host) while in Texas, good guy. Local comic shop puts up for them to use a college radio station to interview Brian Michael Bendis, Joe Quesada & numerous others, its really cool.

pc_logo.jpg

CGC Grading - Professional grading for comics; Wizard goes to great lengths to show the jump in value books get with high CGC ratings.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

uh....MM, i think you had the wrong forum, man. :fuming: and 2T - let's wait till they have a half-off sale.

in keeping with the thread: the4thrail.com tragically closed up a few months back, ive yet to find as good a review site. Meanwhile, here's s'more links:

The Trade Paperback List - Again, i linked to it earlier but its an amazing, fan-run site that lists almost every trade you can think of, includes upcoming ones etc, and ive emailed the guy back & forth asking shit like "wheres my absolute vertigo" and Hitman trades, etc...he's a good guy, and its a really useful site.

The Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe - for your really obscure Marvel needs.

Free Comic Book Day - Around May of every year, a great time to introduce new people to the medium, and get free books too.

Newsarama - Pretty much the site for comic news & interviews.

And of course, Megacon.

The Trade Paperback List - Again, i linked to it earlier but its an amazing, fan-run site that lists almost every trade you can think of, includes upcoming ones etc, and ive emailed the guy back & forth asking shit like "wheres my absolute vertigo" and Hitman trades, etc...he's a good guy, and its a really useful site.

Kick ass site. I was tryna figure out what order "Powers" went in the other week and ended up fucking up and missing a trade. I'm bookmarking this bad boy.

• 10 months later...

So... The idea here is to put free comics??

I found these and I hope someone likes them.

Silent Hill Comics

Silent Hill Dying inside

new_graphic_novel3497.jpg

Vol. 1

Vol. 2

Vol. 3

Vol. 4

Vol. 5

(All in Rapidshare)

Sillent Hill Among The Dead

Among the Dead

silenthilldamned.jpg

Sillent Hill Paint in Black

Paint in Black

silenthillblack.jpg

Sillent Hill THE GRINNING MAN

Grinning Man

silenthillgrin.jpg

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
:jedi: just wanted to let everyone know that i have recently subscribed to marvels digital comics. i have to say that the comics are crisp and clear and the page options are great. however, the only down side of it is their speed in converting comics into digital comics. their library is still way to small and there are missing issues in between other issues everywhere. it looks like it'll take some more time before they even reach 50% of their potential. hopefully DC will get into this digital comic thing and make a little competition, then that would really get the issues moving.

both current issues and archives need to be majorly expanded. considering they have avengers, fantastic four, x-men, and spider-man all on dvd-rom to purchase, you would think they would tranfer all those issues into the digital comics. but both archives and current issues are not finished and there are plenty of missing issues in between.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

was talking with haku @ this in the ipad thread:

Marvel does a $5/month subscription service to their digital books, and there's a ton there if you click the link (especially archives) and now that im looking at it...i think theyve finally got their current books up as well, which is awesome. i might try that out, kinda prefer the ability to download them in .cbr format, not sure if they'll go that way though. far as i can tell from their sites, DC, Dark Horse and Image are all just putting a few pages of previews on theirs....really should make this a thread in comics, im not sure why theyre not all biting the itunes model yet either, honestly.

bish mentioned, i should prolly find out if there's a cap to how many titles you can read a month. dont believe i saw one, but that doesnt rule it out. good system in place if not, though.

relevant to this, comic book resources had an article recently about how Marvel's open to digital distribution with the ipad, kindle, nook and any other such devices, apparently, which is the smart kind of approach Jemas had years back when pushing trade paperbacks into bookstores. again, no idea why the other major publishers arent pursuing this yet, hoping to see it pan out for Marvel to get them in gear.

• 1 year later...

wait...the DC++, or the site/comics tracker, or what? don't tease, i was big on them a few years back!

related: your really good tracker (forget their name) has been dead most of this year for me, been mostly grabbing from demonoid/mediafirfe/etc

• 1 month later...

On honor of the death of Minck Oosterveer, ComiXology and BOOM! studios is giving away the complete volume 1 & 2 of The Unknown.

https://comics.comixology.com/#/issue/14829/The-Unknown-Vol-1-Collected-Edition

https://comics.comixology.com/#/issue/14830/The-Unknown-Vol-2-The-Devil-Made-Flesh-Collected-Edition

I've only read a few pages, so I can't really vouch for it. It certainly wasn't bad. I plan on reading more. It's written by Mark Waid, and you Cap'n America guys like him, right?

The point is, it's damn near 200 pages and it's FREE! I don't know if it's for a limited time or what, but add that shit to your libraries, I say.

Edited by Thelogan