Hondo's Bar

Game of the year 2009

The NZA

GOTY!  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2nk8pv.jpg

i think most everything's up as an option this time, unless you're so weirdo who really dug Ultimate Alliance 2 or something.

i played most of this list, some great choices, i'm sold on Uncharted 2 myself. I need to play Modern Warfare 2 and Dragon Age, but im confident with my decision...great runners-up to Batman and a few others, it was a great year for gaming.

what about you?

COD MW2 hands down the best game of the year,

i haven't played Borderlands, so I'll rent it this weekend.

The close second would have to be Beatles Rockband and then a very close third would be Scribblenauts (DS).

i can't get enough of any of these three games, but i've played COD MW2 more than i have the others.

p.s. DRAGON AGE IS STOOOPIT!

oh good, we went there inside of page 1

again, i honestly have not yet played it either - like i said in its thread, everything i saw beforehand looked generic and kinda dull to me, its the reviews since that said what it did to take those tired settings/stereotypes and go somewhere else/darker with them that got me a bit interested.

ill post back later if it makes one of my contenders for the year (ive no doubt MW2 is excellent, but i dont get as much out of most shooters as some), Assassin's Creed 2 getting so many nods is encouraging as well. gotta say, thought i did enjoy it, i'm not surprised to see Brutal Legend kinda left off most lists....its by no means bad, but even story/character-wise, i dont know that ill remember it nearly as long as i will, say, Grim Fandango, personally.

have you played dragon age?

wait, why are we even having this conversation? you don't know about video games; YOU'RE A GURL!

yes. i tried anyways. it's not my cup of tea, too much talking, not enough action. i've never been a huge fan of Final Fantasy, and as much as i wanted to like Mass Effect I just couldn't get into it. I'm a gurl who likes to shoot first and ask questions later...actually, fuck the questions (and talking period), i just like to shoot.

:blink:

Assassin's Creed 2 is pretty cool, so far, but I keep giving it up to soon and much like Fallout 3 the missions are fun, but some take way too long to finish so i lose interest (ADD?).

A work friend of mine has been gracious enough to let me borrow his copy of Borderlands, which just sounds bad ass, but i have to wait until Monday (poo!).

COD MW2 hands down the best game of the year,

i haven't played Borderlands, so I'll rent it this weekend.

The close second would have to be Beatles Rockband and then a very close third would be Scribblenauts (DS).

i can't get enough of any of these three games, but i've played COD MW2 more than i have the others.

p.s. DRAGON AGE IS STOOOPIT!

^^

what??? I'm just a all action no filler player, otherwise batman would have made my list (although the artwork alone was pretty frickin' awesome). The upgrades that were made to COD MW2 for online instant action were so in tune with the players that enjoyed it that i would be lying to myself if i didn't say outright say that i was more than impressed. The campaign mode was short, I'll admit that, but the short but sweet storyline was enough to shock me, I swear, at one point i threw my controller down and screamed

"noooo!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT??? I DO NOT WANT THIS!!!"

and yet kept playing to avenge a fallen soldier, who worked so hard (as in *I* worked so hard) to make ensure his completion of a mission.

you had to think, you had to use what little you are given, and god dammit you had to sweat it out at times, but man....was it worth it.

MW2 or gtfo.
I was happy for your return but I clearly was lying to myself.
^^what??? I'm just a all action no filler player, otherwise batman would have made my list (although the artwork alone was pretty frickin' awesome). The upgrades that were made to COD MW2 for online instant action were so in tune with the players that enjoyed it that i would be lying to myself if i didn't say outright say that i was more than impressed. The campaign mode was short, I'll admit that, but the short but sweet storyline was enough to shock me, I swear, at one point i threw my controller down and screamed "noooo!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT??? I DO NOT WANT THIS!!!" and yet kept playing to avenge a fallen soldier, who worked so hard (as in *I* worked so hard) to make ensure his completion of a mission. you had to think, you had to use what little you are given, and god dammit you had to sweat it out at times, but man....was it worth it.

by all critical accounts, MW2 isnt nearly a throwaway vote - again i dont have to heart the crap out of FPS's to appreciate what it brings, anymoreso than id be quite happy (especially for DoJ) if the next FIFA is the greatest yet.

curious who voted Prototype? i really gotta give that a go. also, bish is gonna vote Dragon Age so that'll tie it up with MW2 so far. we needs more votes!

Archived