Hondo's Bar

Cracked links

The NZA

• 2 weeks later...

I never made the Matrix/ Invisibles connection until now, probly because The Invisibles is 500 times cooler and incalculably smarter and better written.

And a lot weirder...

Its not for everybody.

But its definitely for me.

That mean you own the series?

#1 - Yes, yes, oh god yes. FUCKING MOVE!

#2 - This only really bothers me in a drive thru, because there is someone else behind you waiting to pull up and order. In a normal line, I'm gonna get to the front at the same time regardless and nobody suffers, right? Only a minor irritation for me.

#3 - Annoying, and I never understood why people gave Green Day a pass for singing in a douchey British accent.

#4 - Someone's gotta eat it!

#5 - Very much so.

#6 - What? Who does that? I would jerk my hand back and slap them in the face.

#7 - That never pissed me off before, BUT NOW IT WILL.

#7. People Who Take Forever to Order at McDonald's

I try not to eat fast food too frequently. After all, once you're over 30 those Calvin Klein underwear modeling gigs are harder to come by, and I want to look my best. But if I'm in a McDonald's, odds are I'm in a rush. And the good people at McDonald's appreciate that. That's why they only make about ten things and even package them in numbered meals with brightly displayed pictures over the cashiers. You can be incredibly high and incoherent and still successfully stumble into Mickey D's, utter "Number 1," and get fed in less than three minutes. Feeding morons cheaply and quickly is what they do. That would even be their slogan if it didn't do so poorly in focus groups.

Yet, despite the cheap and easy menu, I'm often behind someone who is hell-bent on cranking every mathematical permutation between buying dollar menu items a-la-carte and purchasing a value meal. And these people are usually bad at math. Now I get that some McDonald's customers might not have unlimited funds, and they're trying to get the most bang for their buck, but there comes a limit. I know what it's like to have so little money in your checking account that the bank won't let you withdraw it. I know what it's like to then go to McDonald's to rely on the ATM swipe, knowing you'll get fed due to the checking account's overdraft protection. But I do not know what its like to stand in front of a cashier for three minutes adding up a pie, burger and soda while comparing it to a value meal. McDonald's is one of the biggest corporations in the world. Do you really think you're gonna come up with some mathematical purchasing equation they haven't already priced to your detriment?

I just wanted to add that this is the reason Quicksilver is such an asshole.

wwi0ax.jpg