Hondo's Bar

Cracked links

The NZA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HAhahahaaaa! I abused the SHIT out of that endless crab leg promotion back in the day. I don't know how many my record was, but I know I was there for a solid 3 1/2 hours once and the waitress was stifling a sigh every time a waved her down.

That shit was beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6 ways to remind yourself that you're poor

I couldn't even read the whole thing, cause

a) we have enough problems around here I don't need more depressing shit.

and b) buying jewelry IS a rich person's problem and I can't just accept it when someone tells me that I'll have to do it someday. I think my family will still like me if I don't say I love you with diamonds.

Special K & Amy sound like women w/ their head's on straight. At least when it comes to the importance of engagement rings. I'm pretty sure if NZA ever makes an honest woman out of Kertins it'll be w/ Green Lantern ring. Then again, I may be wrong; the GL rings that are actually wearable (not the oversized plastic ones from the film toys or Blackest Night/Brightest Day promos) can get a little pricey. Not diamond pricey, but still--it's Nick we're talking about. :2T:

6 ways to remind yourself that you're poor I couldn't even read the whole thing, cause a) we have enough problems around here I don't need more depressing shit. and b) buying jewelry IS a rich person's problem and I can't just accept it when someone tells me that I'll have to do it someday. I think my family will still like me if I don't say I love you with diamonds.

The hospital one is so true. Ditto for the funeral. I think we have a funeral thread around here somewhere I remember posting in a while back and how big of a scam it is. My grandmother had her plot and headstone paid for and we still had to pay around $6k for her funeral.

The Christmas one was also interesting. I'm curious about the budget Hondonian parents set for their kids on Christmas. Does it vary year to year? For the older kids, do you tell them about the budget?

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 1 month later...