Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

The NZA

Wait, where was Spidey 2099 mentioned? I mean it's a good bet (I'd put strong money on Ultimate being Dimension 4) but I saw nothing indicating Miguel O'Hara's video game debut. And what's with the Captain Universe suit? That can't be one of the dimensions, that section of the game would just feature a black screen with big white letters that said "Push any button to win"

haha, was thinkin that - if you die with Captain Universe, you must've tried to do so.

should've cited this:

Update: Looks like Spider-Man 2099 may be one of the unannounced "dimensions" in Activision's upcoming game. GameStop has (or had) images of the game's pre-order bonus "cosmic costumes," one of which is unmistakably spiky in a Spider-Man 2099 way. The other? Besides being a little bit bulkier, it's hard to tell.

• 1 month later...

169397-spidermansd.jpg

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions takes Spidey games and one ups (actually four ups) them! Not very different than other Spidey titles except now you get to play in the sandboxes of four different Spidey universes. The two revealed are the Amazing Universe which is obviously the 616 Marvel Universe and the Noir Universe, which is the alternate reality where Spidey operates during the Great Depression. Two have yet to be shown, but we can all probably guess that the 2099 Universe will be used. The fourth is way trickier to figure out...

Here's some:

Ultimate (although, it too closely resembles regular Marvel)

Marvel Zombies (a boy can dream)

1602 (probably the most obvious after 2099)

Spider-Ham (HA!)

Spider-Man India (please no)

Ultimate already had a videogame and it's too similar to 616, don't think we'll be seeing that.

My fingers are crossed for Italian Spiderman

Supaidaman would be pretty awesome too. In of the entirety of the multi-verse he is the only version of Spider-Man with his own giant robot.

i forget, did Spider-Man Noir have a book? was it any good?

The only Noir book I read was X-Men. It was interesting, not exactly what I'd call "good". I thought the whole point of the Noir books was that they didn't have superpowers, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Spidey. Now I'm confused.

500x_spidey_suits_01.jpg

So really, it's the 3rd dude in the pic that we're trying to guess. The Cap'n Universe shit fucks with the costume so much that it's hard to really say. Kinda looks like Spider from eXiles, but that would be way too awesome and playing a serial killer would prob'ly blow their T for teen rating.

His heads a little bigger, alien even, and he's the only one with the black bottom half. Something involving a symbiote seems appropriate, but I don't know how they would shoehorn that into an alternate reality.

I thought of that, but they've made a bunch of games in that universe already. Could be, but it's a long shot.

I mean, look at the anatomy? He looks completely different than the rest. Don't know. Before that picture of four males I actually thought they might do Spider-Girl.

Have we ruled out Reign?

I consulted this and that was the best I could come up with. Honestly that could be a cool take on him if that's what they decide to do but I'm not holding my breath.

I also just realised, with the eyes the way they look, that might be Ben Reilly. Of course from the way that line-up looks, I think the third one was done by a different artist (or at least done in a different set) than the other three, so I take the different looks with a grain of salt.

I wish they'd throw in a bonus level where you plays as Ruins Spider-Man and it's like that mission in Call of Duty 4 where you're dying of radiation poisoning only your only goal is to infect Phillip Sheldon.

id play Reilly or Ruins, but Reign...well, i hated the book, but honestly, a playthrough like that would feel like this painful, awkward Kafka take on Spidey, and im down for a level of that.

i mean, if Noir Spidey rocks guns, uh, why not.

You hated Reign? Really? I mean it was derivative but it was like if Frank Miller wrote something but somebody actually decided to edit it before sending it to print.

I thought Reign was trying way to hard to be exactly that. It wanted to be The Dark Spidey Returns sooooooo bad.

Yeah, I don't deny that, but it didn't try near as hard as Old Man Logan and I liked that. Plus, like I said, it's like if Frank Miller wrote it and someone put a hand on his shoulder and said, "Frank, no. Less hookers, more plot. No swastikas."

It's The Dark Knight Returns with Spider-Man, and when I say that I don't mean that it's a lot like The Dark Knight Returns or it shares certain similarities, it IS the Dark Knight Returns with Spider-Man. The news feeds, the villains steadily trickling back, the oppressive Orwellian government trying to bring back the beloved superhero come out of retirement. But since it wasn't written by Frank Miller, it doesn't have his crazy-itis, plus you get to see the Hypno Hustler get beaten to death by shock troopers.

I liked Reign, but the chances of it being that...? No so much. Assuming that 2099 get's the nod then that's your future story right there. Why are they gonna need two? It's kinda the reason why I'm not gunnin' for 1602. Although, a swashbuckling Spidey would probably work in this game. Still, it's anyone's guess. I would think that they would choose an alternate universe that is different than the rest. Something off the wall different like Marvel Zombies (where he can be a villain) or Spider-Girl (where he's has tits).

I just realized that Unlimited might be a slight possiblility.

So far the most likely culripts are:

Ultimate (probably)

Reign (I wish)

Ben Reilly (???)

1602 (Doesn't look right but it's very possible)

Movie (Would be a weird choice)

Unlimited (Skip a turn)

Archived