Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

The NZA

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4th dimensions is "Ultimate", which for some reason has you in a symbiote suit. Not to mention that Ultimate has already had a game *sigh*

Ultimate Deadpool = Not cool

• 1 month later...

first 10 minutes of the game:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KBF-Wdx98?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KBF-Wdx98?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KBF-Wdx98?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

well, here's to hoping it's better than Web of Shadows, at least. art style looks cool to me.

I have to say, I too am REALLY enjoying this!!

The controls seem super loose and frantic at first. It's going to feel like Spidey just does whatever the hell he wants, with no hope of persuading him to do otherwise. Honestly, I almost gave up on it halfway through the first level (Amazing world, Kraven). I remember thinking, IF the stealthy NOIR levels play the same way, I'm screwed, there's no friggin' way I'm going to be able to sneak around and selectively take out targets with these controls.

After a few levels though, I was controlling spiderman like a champ! It's pretty exhilarating when you get the controls down and are zip-lining onto objects thrown by a boss, and then leaping off of said object to deck him in the face!!

It's weird, the game has so many design chocies that on paper and at first glace were off puting (linear game play, no open world exploration, really only three levels per spiderman) yet it all comes together so well.

I think I agree with panch, this might be the best spiderman game yet!

Love this game to death! Best Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 1 & 2 on the PS1. Pre-Ordered at gamestop the cosmic suits were worth it. (New all powerful charge attacks for all 4 Spider-Men)

On the subject of 2099:

1st, FINALLY A 2099 CHARACTER BROUGHT TO THE VIDEO GAMES!!! Been dieing for them since the 2099 series' ended.

2nd, the voice of Miguel is Dan Gilvezan the voice of Spider-Man from the Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends cartoon back in the early '80s.

Also, who would love to see a DLC of Spider-Ham from the "WHAT THE?!" series with Forbushman and the Infinity Wart?

• 2 weeks later...

Really? No offense but I find them shoehorned & arbitrary. Though a Mirrors Edge Spidey/DD game would be amazing.

I'm personally loving the shit out of the Noir gameplay. Possibly if I try and treat Batman: AA in the same vein, I might come to like it & finish it. Regarding Shattered Dimensions though, having a blast so far barring an early issue with the Ultimate rescue missions and the camera being nigh-impossible to control...

Archived