Hondo's Bar

E3 2010

The NZA

translatorbanner.jpg

ivltnb.jpg Calendar of events!

oh_ms.jpg

leaks/bullshit stories are flying around like crazy right now, earlier today story broke that Activision's putting Goldeneye on Wii/DS, somehow.

what i'm expecting:

Natal/PS Move to show software, dates & prices

Moar 3DDS info/games

Zelda Wii news, at this point almost any information counts as this

FF XIII Versus multiplat

Portal 2

info on Dead Space 2, Last Story, i guess Epic Mickey

stuff other people are gonna care about more:

Crackdown 2, Dead Rising 2

new Need for Speed

something something call of duty

what i'm hoping for/longshots:

Kratosvania: lord of shadows to get me hyped

Last Guardian info (likely at TGS if not here)

Pikmin 3

No More Heroes Paradise coming stateside, and Hotel Dusk 2

PS3 collection discs of Silent Hill 1-4, Team Ico one (HD shadow of colossus!)

Shin Megami Tensei/Persona 5/current-gen RPG announced

Half Life 3/episode 3/something that's not Left 4 Dead 3

Wii 2/HD! PSP2, while we're at it

Suikoden VI!

chiwatabomb6di.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice, forgot about the PSN premium.

After dealing with the comically slow updates/downloads from PSN I was quickly wishing that they would please PLEASE let me give them money to streamline shit a bit. I can't wait for the premium service, even people that don't choose to pay are going to benefit.

Off-topic, but while I'm thinking about it: this will probably solve the demo issue the PS3 has. After some initial frustration, I looked into it. Sony charges publishers for the bandwidth they use. It costs a fuckton of money to put a demo on PSN, especially a big one. On the other hand, MS actually requires all XBLA games to have a demo and provide publishers of retail games with the option of posting one for free. They get their money from the consumer. I figure that's also why it takes me about 3-4 minutes to download 250MB off XBL.

I just hope they don't go crazy like MS did. I don't need ads, thanks. The PSN dashboard loads soooo much quicker than the NXE (are they still calling it that?), I'm still occasionally surprised at how quick I can switch profiles.

yeah, if they stick with free games (cant imagine it'd be a full list of options, or maybe the game's chosen for you?), that'd be pretty cool.

Logans - i guess i havent noticed; ive played Resistance, SF II, Tekken 6 and a few online and not noticed much lag on good/domestic connections, but i have lamented the lack of demos, especially on PSN titles. i dont think id buy in, but like you said, there'd likely still be benefits for me.

on your side note: the XMB looks less cluttered than the NXE for sure, but i do dig the events NXE posts up on playing with devs & such even if i dont really partake. as someone who doesnt really use cross-chat much, my only real gripe with the XMB is the lack of integrated custom soundtracks, ive loved that feature since like Quake 1.

anyone wanna put up bets (real or not) on some stuff? i can see where PSP2 is rumored, what with PSP sales dwindling, but a) they still got some big titles coming, and b) how is sony gonna release a new portable with presumably sharper specs for less than like $200? sure, piracy & other factors exist, but i still think the PSP's a great little system whose price is constantly its biggest problem when up against the DS.

and again, id love a more current-gen Wii2/HD or whatever, and while 1st party is still going, 3rd party is dying right now...but i still dont think that'll motivate nintendo to move yet. id love to be wrong here.

Square's offical lineup announced via Twitter

The Tales of Bearsworth Manor: Puzzling Pages

FRONT MISSION EVOLVED

DUNGEON SIEGE 3

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

The Tales of Bearsworth Manor: Chaotic Conflicts

FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT (NDS)

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

FINAL FANTASY XIV

The 3rd Birthday (PSP)

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep (PSP)

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (NDS)

fans of front mission, KH and people who didnt care for Deus Ex (heh) should be pleased.

fake screens for them publishing ZOE3 already circulating, so you know shit's already begun.

*edit: Portal 2 delayed, totally out of character for Valve.

in related news, while still intrigued by the potential lineup for natal/move, my hype level for next Zelda details has risen. gonna make a run through Twilight Princess in the next week or so hopefully to build upon this.

*SUPER EDIT sony's got their 3D conference going on right now?! 20 3D titles out this fiscal year, 4 free games if you bought a 3D TV (...), gamers wondering what sony intends to talk about at E3 proper, etc.

the main problem online I get with psn are the download times. online play and everything else has been just fine. but itll be cool to see what kinda benefits people that pay will get, as long as they dont eliminate anything im down for that.

lolehk.jpg

rumors are Socom 4 and possibly next Call of Duty to be 3D, for those that can afford to buy in.

i guess sony's gonna talk most Move, maybe PSN premium and some new XMB stuff at the official presser?

what i'm expecting:

FF XIII Versus multiplat

Things I don't give a shit about:

Wii games

Move

Project Natal

Anything to do with MGS

what i'm hoping for/longshots/Never going to happen but I can dream:

Last Guardian info (Where's my release date you sons of bitches)

Team Ico one (HD Ico/shadow of colossus!)

Shin Megami Tensei/Persona 5

Dead Nation

Z.O.E 3

Darkcloud 3

Suikoden VI!

Tales of vesperia PS3

I would also love to see Jerry Lambert at E3.

which one's Dead Nation, and who's Lambert again?

oh, if they're gonna date/detail Monkey Island 2, another longshot id like to see is more point & click XBLA announced...DOTT, Maniac Mansion etc.

oh, and the inevitable Dreamcast games on PSN/XBL.

says 1up:

Conference/Podcast Schedule

June 14th, Monday

10AM: Microsoft Press Conference

2PM: Electronic Arts Press Conference

5PM: Ubisoft Press Conference

Stage show video demos from the 1UP booth: Skulls of the Shogun, Game TBA, Portal 2

4 Guys 1UP podcast - Day 1 recap and community questions

June 15th, Tuesday

9AM: Nintendo Press Conference

12PM: Sony Press Conference

Stage show video demos from the 1UP booth: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Killzone 3, Game TBA #1, Game TBA #2, Game TBA #3, Little Big Planet 2, Epic Mickey

4 Guys 1UP podcast - Special day 1.5 early episode

4 Guys 1UP podcast - Day 2 recap w/Warren Spector

June 16th, Wednesday

1PM: Konami Press Conference

Stage show video demos from the 1UP booth: Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Dead Space 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Crysis 2, PlayStation Move, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Fable 3, Rage

4 Guys 1UP podcast - Day 3 recap w/Alex Evans

June 17th, Thursday

Stage show video demos from the 1UP booth: Bodycount, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Medal of Honor, Bulletstorm, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Dead Rising 2, Vanquish, Game TBA

The Oddcast podcast w/Cliff Bleszinski

Video special: The best things we saw at E3

ohboyohboyohboyohboy

10 June 2010

The Last Guardian at E3 2010

Posted by Redmond

Hello everyone! It's been some time since my last post. I've been very busy with my book. The reason I've held it back for so long is that I wanted a book which I wasn't only happy about but something I could be proud of. It went through a complete re-write and now is divided into fifty articles/columns, each talking about a specific subject covering the years 1970 to 2010, going into incredible detail about how the games were made and background information about all core members of the team.

The book will be out next Tuesday morning, a day which will be very special for all Team ICO fans across the world, not only because my book hits shops :no: but because...

It looks like the new The Last Guardian trailer will be shown at Sony's E3 press conference next Tuesday, along with an announcement of an approximate release date. There seems to be loads of surprises planned for the conference this year too...

See you next Tuesday with loads of updates!

also, rumors of a price leak on PS3 slim @ $200...if so, they're starting it early. i fully expect MS to price drop before/right around Natal/re-branding for the holidays.

MS got a spike TV special, Times Square ads and circus Soleil - safe to say they're fucking serious about this Natal premier.

few new games being rumored/announced...shit's livening up, people! gonna make a new thread for one.

ps biggest rumor yet!

WiiHiFi_MAV_01.jpg

not as cool a name as "Super Wii" but i guess that's even more 90's? anyway, rumors have it on par with 360, debuting november 2011. yeah...we'll see.

built-in VCR /CONFIRMED

oh! and Scott City Ransom Pilgrim could be a fun beat-em-up with a few hondonians.

ps alternate title for JZA.

oh! and Scott City Ransom Pilgrim could be a fun beat-em-up with a few hondonians.

ps alternate title for JZA.

- Playable characters: Scott Pilgrim, Stephen Stills, Kim Pine, and Ramona Flowers. Other characters can be unlocked.

- Each character is unique in their play style and move set.

- Game spans across volumes 1-5. Lightly touches on volume 6.

- Offline Co-op only

- Money can be spent on new moves and power-ups from the many in-game shops. Similar to River City Ransom.

- Subspace doors appear in some levels. Players can enter it to reach hidden areas and skip parts of the stage.

- Holding down the heavy attack button gets your character to taunt. Having all players taunt at once initiates a team attack in the form of Rock performance.

best news yet!

for me

Child of Eden: Rez 2 looking mostly official! :ohface: day fucking one.

Sweet action! E3 is my favorite time of the year.

the main problem online I get with psn are the download times. online play and everything else has been just fine.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, never even mentioned online play.

Timesplitters 4.

what i'm hoping for/longshots/Never going to happen but I can dream:

Last Guardian info (Where's my release date you sons of bitches)

Team Ico one (HD Ico/shadow of colossus!)

Shin Megami Tensei/Persona 5

Dead Nation

Z.O.E 3

Darkcloud 3

Suikoden VI!

Tales of vesperia PS3

Adding Timesplitters 4 to things I wish for.

Archived