Hondo's Bar

Jurassic Park

The NZA

6i6tte.jpg

Latest issue of Game Informer says Telltale Games (Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People, new Monkey Island game) are doing an episodic "cinematic adventure" game out of JP, starting at the end of this year. Hype! i actually enjoyed the Sega-CD one, so this can only go up from there.

Dude how do you rate the isometric SNES version over the sidescrolling Genesis one? Sexy Hat & I were comparing them the other weekend and the Genesis one was easily one of the standout titles for the console.

Agreed, but I just played the SNES more. It was like an all day affair if I wanted to beat that game. I only casually played the Genesis one. Don't remember why... just LOVED the SNES version better.

panch played the SNES one cause he was on a mission, and we didnt have that many unfinished games back then. he was quite happy when he completed it, still the only guy i know that did that.

playing as the raptor was cool for like 3 levels; if you go back & try to play the genesis one, its quite shit, i assure you. i can only defend my point-and-click Sega CD version for not having touched it in like a decade and a half. still, this one should be awesome.

playing as the raptor was cool for like 3 levels; if you go back & try to play the genesis one, its quite shit, i assure you. i can only defend my point-and-click Sega CD version for not having touched it in like a decade and a half. still, this one should be awesome.

Lies, all lies. I have played it last week and loved it no less.

Yes I hate sprawling level design (for the Genesis), and a large variety of weapons as well as things to shoot with said weapons, not to mention interesting level deisgn and controls/gameplay that were far easier to use than your beloved Contra. Plus you're defending a Sega CD game here. Come on.

interesting level design? how far did you get with the raptor? that sewer level alone was horrendous.

i can only defend my point-and-click Sega CD version for not having touched it in like a decade and a half.

how many weapons did Grant have access to? i honestly forget.

Lies, all lies. I have played it last week and loved it no less.

Yup, SexyHat & I broke this out & went Irish-style(y'know, turnsies) on it for a few hours, had a blast. It's a little unforgiving, but still rewarding.

interesting level design? how far did you get with the raptor? that sewer level alone was horrendous.

how many weapons did Grant have access to? i honestly forget.

My umbridge with sewer levels is that of universal hatred no matter what game no matter what system forever and always, but the one on the boat and the first level with the ziplines provide hours of entertainment just fucking about. And the Raptor was hard to play as, which was probably why it was the alternate mode.

Yes I hate sprawling level design (for the Genesis), and a large variety of weapons as well as things to shoot with said weapons, not to mention interesting level deisgn and controls/gameplay that were far easier to use than your beloved Contra. Plus you're defending a Sega CD game here. Come on.

Just how high/drunk are you?

Man, I only ever played to be the fuckin Raptor. While I'm biased cause I was gay for dinosaurs while as a kid (like every normal straight boy... see what I did there?) I have to agree with Nick. That game was pretty bad. The SNES version was better by a mile.

Love the music, though.

Just how high/drunk are you?

ok...so i wanna take a step back, after 5 beers and a convo with kertins, im again reminded: if you play FF for exploration, XII is awesome and XIII is shit. newt still trolls, but whatever. i hope he managed to enjoy what he played.

that said: yes, sewer levels often suck. and the raptor had rough controls. but i just wanna pat newt on the back here for being the other person that saw contra 1 < jurassic park controls and said "WTF?", cause that's pretty crazy, rynan. i mean, yeah, raptor's (kind've?) alternate, but even Dr Grant doesnt control as well was Contra. cmon! im being honest here; we can make a video if you like.

Archived