Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Steam

The NZA

A previous NPD report had shown retail gaming sales to be down as much as 15 percent in June. That report only looked at offline purchases, though. The industry may have actually grown when online purchases were factored in.

An interesting article on PC gaming sales as of late. Check it out here.

awesome! ill add next time im on - be sure to join the Hondo's clan as well!

bish & gun have been playing L4D 1 & 2 the last few weeks, bish says he found an awesome Silent Hill mod for part 1...really wish idve bought in on the steam sale, might still join them later though.

Check out the Helms Deep survival map for L4D 1 it awesome!

You can also get both Deus Ex games for $20 on steam, woo!

You can also get the Dark Forces Saga for $20.00 (Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Star Wars: Dark Forces)!!!!!

man, i wish i'dve bought Deus Ex when it was like $5 on sale...thought L4D2 @ $10 stings more, now.

also, while lamenting the Dead Space 2 delay with others, i was pointed to Asylum, same people who did Penumbra, apparently...both now on my wish list. here's to hoping for the Halloween sale, mebbe? I was told that's when Vampire: The Masquerade went on sale last, too.

Vampire: The Masquerade now there is a classic example of a game just losing all its steam (hehe get it :P) towards the end. It starts off really great but I can never finish it I just lose all interest about half way through.

Although it is really fun to be a male with high seduction and try to suduce other guys. That and turning the girl from the medical center into you slave and making her dress real slutty, oh and the crazy vampire bitch with split personalitys that was good too.

Goddamnit now I want to play this again.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

fucking Steam holiday sales are bananas.

newt, bish, gun, myself (and i wanna say Genroh) are all over this one, the indie packs are stupid-cheap for what they bring. yesterday's was And Yet it Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent, and Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, all for $5...which is fucking amazing since i wanted Recettear and it alone was $20. AYIM i was interested in, Puzzle Agent was highly recommended, and the others came along for the ride, all at 92% off total.

Today's Indie Clever Pack brought WWWW, World of Goo and 3 others likewise for $5, another steal. So far, i've jumped on these, Deus Ex GOTY and Alpha Protocol (suck it, maldrons), passing only on Arkham Asylum GOTY for $10 cause i know it'll come back around for the christmas sale. Oh yeah, $5 Torchlight (like Diablo, i'm told) so i can play with some of you guys too.

A reminder to all hondonians on steam: make sure you setup a wishlist, every day 30 users are getting their top 5 for free! anyway, i'm hoping on the outside chance for (finally) a Vampire Bloodlines sale, maybe Dreamfall, Fallout 2 and Penumbra, more likely on the xmas sale again though....Los says the Valve complete collection ($100) was $25 at the end of last year's sale, holy shit! :ohface: id so jump on that.

the only one i know is in one of the next packs that i'm jumping on is Polynomial, with some other rhythm games (i'm assuming for $5). here's to mad backlogs!

it's single? balls. well, should be $5 of fun anyway.

yeah, i saw it there, pretty sure if i hold out, steam'll do another pack (Fallout 1/2/Tactics), was hoping they would before NV but maybe ill luck out and they'll do a supreme one with 3 GOTY for xmas, i'm expecting a huge drop in that one with NV selling as well as it is.

...so, how'd you fuckers make out with this year's sale? my haul:

• Deus Ex: Game of the Year - FREE (thanks again Genroh, you're the man!)
  • Alpha Protocol: fuckaMaldrons edition - $7.50
  • Indie Story Pack (And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale) - $5 (92% off!!)
  • Indie Clever Pack (Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo) - $5
  • Torchlight - $5
  • Indie Pulse Pack (AudioSurf, Beat Hazard, BIT.TRIP BEAT, Rhythm Zone, The Polynomial: Space of the music) - $5
  • NyxQuest - FREE (gift from another board)
  • Indie Puzzle Pack (Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis) - $5
  • Orange Box (Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2) - $7.50
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ($2.50)

= 30 games for $42.50. holy fuck, i made off like a bandit! the indie packs were far & away the best deals; i had Recettear on my wishlist when it was $20 and i was prepared to buy it at $10, getting it for five with 4 other games - 2 of which i was interested in - is a fucking steal.

hated passing on Arkham Asylum GOTY & Tomb Raider Guardian of Light, but im sure they'll come back around...I cannot fucking wait on the christmas sale. shit's gonna be insane.

• 2 weeks later...

The scavenger hunt going on right now is generating some pretty sweet deals! L4D2, Metro 2033 & JC2(which I already have on console) for $7.50, I'm waiting like the patient mantis for another deal on Deus Ex & The Orange Box(only just gotten the PC so I missed the black Friday deals).

PS- add me as the_jza_2099.

honestly, unless its on sale during the contest (ive got 10 points so far!), don't buy shit; christmas sale starts around the 20th and if its anything like last year, it's gonna be fucking nuts.

i too am selling a bunch of my 360 games in hopes of replacing them on steam during the sale. you still on your anti-360 controller stance? it works magic for a lotta games, man.

Do I have to go buy stupid peripherals to make a 360 control work with a PC? I've tried simply plugging it in via the play & charge lead but that doesn't work, and since I have like, 5 controls I really don't wanna go buy another.

PS- my anti-control stance only extends to FPS, because I only jumped onto the PC wagon for greater control in shooters. If I wanted to keep playing those with a control I have a 360 for that. And thanks for the tip, I'll hold off on anything else til the sales.

oh yeah, ill get owned in FPS with a pad...but i need some kinda board to hold mouse + keyboard on my lap, and start getting used to it, i guess.

oh, you're trying to plug in the wirelss ones...i gotta look that up honestly, was thinking of trying it. the wired one is completely plug & play though, mad convenient.

i was told a good bassline was helpful, so i tried Billie Jean...clearly, there's a few lulls (lyrics or otherwise) where bosses swarm me and its insane.

best score so far has been kanye's new album, "So appalled" and tons of points on "All of the lights".