Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Steam

The NZA

yeah, that's no problem - thing is, since that's gonna be on sale the whole time, you wanna hold off? there's always the chance (happened to me a few times now) that it'll go as a daily deal for something stupid like 75%+ off, and for something that large, it'd make a difference. lotta guys tell me: if its not a daily deal, buy it the last day of the sale to make sure you don't miss out. what do you think?

indeed, just who was that masked man? :zorro:

was thinking - you sure you want the whole shebang? not many play day of defeat, team fortress classic etc, and if you get L4D 1 & 2 (i got both on sale for $10 total) and Orange Box for the rest ($7.50 during thanksgiving sale, you can bet it'll be there or less by this sale's end) you'd have everything you'd feasibly want for a lot less.

that said, there's a rumor at the sale's start or so, the complete valve collection went for like an hour or two at $25, and fuck me if that's not halfway a crime at that price.

damage so far...Day 1:

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time 2.49 USD

Winterbottom 0.49 USD

Lucasarts Adventure Bundle 4.99 USD

Indie Fright Pack 4.99 USD

Indie Smarts Pack 4.99 USD

Winter Voices: Ep1 2.49 USD

Broken Sword: Director's Cut 2.49 USD

Day 2

Bone Bundle: Out from Boneville and The Great Cow Race 7.49 USD

Puzzle Quest 1.50 USD

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 5.00 USD

22 the first, 13 today...oh man, i'm not walking away from this one in good shape. :eh: on the upside, that's 20 titles so far, and nothing at less than 50% off. indie packs aren't going any lower, and im mostly sticking to daily deals or stuff that's so cheap/obscure i don't see it going lower, if it does, i'm only a dollar or two out so it's not a big deal.

that said: $10+ is still too much for bioshock 2 (minerva's den still doesn't have a fucking date...?), and RE5 the same. Mass Effect 1 & 2 just went up for $8/each on another digital site so im expecting them to do that on steam soon...Fallout 3 GOTY is another on my list with Assassin's Creed 2 of $7-8 or under and ill take it, not at what its sitting at though.

New Vegas needs to hurry up and get to 30 or less, that'll be my one big AAA title from this year i think. what've you guys gone in on so far, and what're you holding out for? also, love again to Genroh and gunsmith for the gifts!

The Bone games are on Steam?! Gotta get that!

But yeah, Sexyhat plays a lot of CSC and I guess I'd like to hit up some of that old stuff too. Since it's only $10 right now though, I'll sit on it and wait for the Orange Box to inevitably go on sale in which case I'll pick up the things piecemeal, as my interest in L4D1 is marginal at best.

yeah, CS is prolly a good buy too, still got a community going, still crazy mods for it, and can prolly be had for a song. and yeah, i too was pleased to find Bone on there.

L4D1 i honestly bought for Silent Hill/Land & Shaun of the Dead/Mario etc map packs, bish was saying the SH one is long but needs a hondo's playthrough and bindy's all over that. at $5, i figure it's worth the option, but i can see passing on it as well.

My Total Steam Christmas shopping spree:

Fallout: New Vegas, $29.99 today only

King Arthur Complete Pack (game+all DLC) $5.39

Borderlands: Claptrap's Robot Revolution DLC $4.99

Alpha Protocol $7.50

Bioshock 2 $9.99

Amnesa: The Dark Descent $9.99

Aion $10.00

Winterbottom $0.49 (PIE!)

Indie Fright Pack $4.99

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition $6.24

Missed out on Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition for $19.99 and Disciples 3 for $7.50. :(

Edited by Genroh

passed on Fallout: NV due to backlog, $30 aint bad but if i wait on it, maybe we'll get DLC/GOTY or a bit cheaper! if i couldve found someone with Fallout 3, apparently they can gift it for $25? i gotta look into that.

today:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY 7.50

The Wonderful End of the World 5.00

that's it. the latter's a blatant Katamari rip that i couldn't say no to after playing the demo :LOL: ...prolly gonna grab the other half of Penumbra when the sale's tying up, really leaning towards giving in on Vampire: Bloodlines cause that (and Dreamfall) look like they're never coming down.

nice! both looked like good deals.

still waiting on Orange Box for JZA (it's coming, trust me), id like to see mebbe Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, few others < $10. Max Payne 1 & 2 at like $6/each is alright, but they can do better...here's to tomorrow!

Mirror's Edge is $5 today but i feel like having finished it once and a half on console it really has nothing more to offer me. KOTOR for $2.50's a steal though. Still holding out for the Orange Box to go past 50% off(that or getting NZA to gift me the Valve collection).