Hondo's Bar

i ♥ hip-hop

The NZA

speaking of Nas, track list leaked! not bad, im happy to see so much NO ID there.

No Introduction (Produced by Justice League)

Loco-Motive feat. Large Professor (Produced by No I.D.)

A Queens Story (Produced by Salaam Remi)

Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross (Produced by No I.D.)

Daughters (Produced by No I.D.)

Reach Out feat. Mary J. Blige (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas)

World’s An Addiction feat. Anthony Hamilton (Produced by Salaam Remi)

Summer On Smash feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)

You Wouldn’t Understand feat. Victoria Monet (Produced by Buckwild)

Back When (Produced by No I.D.)

The Don (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz)

Stay (Produced by No I.D.)

Cherry Wine feat. Amy Winehouse (Produced by Salaam Remi)

Bye Baby (Produced by Salaam Remi & 40)

Bonus Tracks for Deluxe

Nasty (Produced by Salaam Remi)

The Black Bond (Produced by Salaam Remi)

Roses (Produced by Al Shux)

Where’s The Love feat. Cocaine 80s (Produced by No I.D.)

Bonus track for iTunes: Trust (Produced by Boi 1da)

lotta tracks...here's to hopin Life is Good is top 5 this year!

I'm not sure if they've been posted in here yet, but I am all over DOOMTREE's new album. I vaguely remember their first album coming out and not giving it a fair shake; I thought the multiple MCs & 2 DJ thing was gimicky. Maybe so, but the beats and rhyme's are tight. I'm now delving into the solo projects, too.

haha..of course, but only just this last weekend or so. Curren$y is like the hardest working dude in the industry last few years, which is weird since he's all about weed-rap, but i thought it was his best shit since Pilot Talk 2 or whichever one he did with Alchemist, lotta forgettable shit after that. but yeah, ive been on that one last few days, perfect burning music. your track's nice, the Wiz one (no squares) and a few others really go.

buddy at work swore by this one, and it's not bad - i love the production too.

*edit oh god id love for this to happen but it so won't

#teamdrizzy #YOLO

Heh, I should've known you'd be up to date on that. But who knows w/ you being in Europe for weeks. Anyway, Curren$y's flow just isn't for me. I dig the beats though. Let me know if you find an instrumental. Ditto for his colab w/ Alchemist. (Did they do more than one?)

ya'll know i'm and Odd Future fan, and Frank Ocean's new album is dropping (you can hear it here) - he's the R&B dude who does the hooks for some of Tyler & co's tracks, you might've heard him on the chorus to Jay & Kanye's "

". fans often debate him vs The Weekend, both have good tracks.

anyway, he came out yesterday as a bisexual - it was trending on twitter up till early today - and between him being part of a hip-hop collective known for shocking (homophobic/mysoginistic) lyrics, nevermind the fact that hip-hop is easily one of the most homophobic genres out there, it was a brave act. It was also pretty cool seeing Tyler & the family come to back him. the hip-hop blogs are all talking about it, there's already some "WHAT OTHER BROTHERS ARE ON THE DOWN LOW?!" shit going on, so piece from dream hampton was nice:

Thank You Frank Ocean. It’s true, we are a lot alike… “spinning on blackness. All wanting to be seen, touched, heard, paid attention to.” In your opening few lines, you simultaneously established your humanity, a burden far too often asked of same sex lovers, and acknowledged that in this age of hyper self awareness, amplified in no small part by the social media medium in which you made your announcement, we are desperate to share. You shared one of the most intimate things that ever happened to you—-falling in love with someone who wasn’t brave enough to love you back. Your relieving yourself of your “secret” is as much about wanting to honestly connect as it is about exhibition. We are all made better by your decision to share publicly.

You and Anderson Cooper have the same coming out calendar week in common, but in many obvious ways, you couldn’t be more different. Anderson Cooper is an heir to one of American’s great Industrial Age fortunes and a network professional whose maleness and whiteness backed by his considerable accomplishments guarantee him work. You are a young Black man from New Orleans who fled your still struggling city. You didn’t arrive in Los Angeles with generational wealth and privilege, only the beautiful lyrics and melodies that danced through you and your dream of making it in a music industry whose sand castles were crumbling.

You are in fact, connected to one of hip hop’s great cadres, in the tradition of Oakland’s Heiroglyphics, The Native Tongues and The Juice Crew. Your music family, like all the rest, will likely grow apart, but in this moment Odd Future bends hip hop’s imagination with utter abandon. You fulfill hip hop’s early promise to not give a fuck about what others’ think of you. The 200 times Tyler says faggot and the wonderful way he held you up and down on Twitter today, Syd the Kid’s sexy stud profile and her confusing, misogynistic videos speak to the many contradictions and posturing your generation inherited from the hip hop generation before you. I’m sure you know a rumor about Big Daddy Kane having AIDS and with it, the suggestion that he was bisexual, effectively ended his career. You must have seen the pictures of pioneer Afrika “Baby Bam” from the Jungle Brothers in drag and read the blogs ridiculing him, despite the fact that he’s been leading a civilian life for nearly two decades. I know as a singer you love Rahsaan Patterson and bemoan the fact that homophobia prevented him from being the huge star his talent deserves. Only last month Queen Latifah unnecessarily released a statement denying that her performing at a Gay Pride event meant she was finally affirming her identity for thousands of Black girls. Imagine if Luther had been able to write, as you closed your letter, “I don’t have any secrets I need kept anymore…I feel like a free man.”

But you’re not an activist. You’re a Black man in America whose star is on the rise, working in hip hop and soul, where gender constructs are cartoonishly fixed. Your colleague Drake is often attacked with homophobic slurs when he simply displays vulnerability in his music. He seems to respond by following those moments of real emotion with bars that put “hoes” in their proverbial place. But you’re a beautiful songwriter (your question to Jay and Kanye, “What’s a King to a God?” on their own song on an album about their kingdom, was brilliantly sly). Your letter is revolutionary not least of all because it is about love. It is about falling in love and feeling rejected and carrying both that love and rejection with you through life. The male pronoun of the object of your desire is practically incidental. We have all been in a love that felt “malignant…hopeless” from which “there was no escaping, no negotiating.” Your promise to your first love, that you won’t forget him, that you’ll remember how you changed each other, is so full of love and grace.

You were born in the 80’s, when gay rights activists were seizing the streets of New York and other major world cities, fighting for visibility and against a disease that threatened to disappear them. The cultural shifts created from those struggles in some ways make your revelation about your fluid sexuality less shocking than it would have been decades before. Still, there are real risks with coming out as a man who loved a man. I hope you hear and are reading the hundreds of thousands of people who have your back.

We admire the great courage and beauty and fearlessness in your coming out, not only as a bisexual Black man, but as a broken hearted one. The tender irony that your letter is to a boy who was unable to return your love love until years later because he was living a lie is the only truly tragic thing about your letter. A million twirls on this spinning ocean blue globe in this vast endless blackness for you my love.

i grab stuff from all over...2dopeboyz doesnt cover enough outisde shit for me, datpliff or whatever kinda has low quality. here's some shit!

Kool Keith + Rock Marciano

Nas & Green Lantern - A queen's story

NAS - Bye Bye Baby (produced by Noah "40" Shebib and Salaam Remi)

http://octobersveryown.blogspot.de/2...40-salaam.html

Meth on some real shit

next up:

Curren$y & Harry - Cigarette Boats EP

Official cover

T0GnF.jpg?1

Fan cover

gKQ7z.jpg?1

...so good mynicca1.png

don't think i'm familar with Dream, what's he done?

Life is Good officially drops 7/17, so the leak wans't too bad...it's quality though, prolly gonna buy this one digitally to support it. it's all over demonoid in the meantime though, Pirate bay and other torrent sites too no doubt - google the album name + rapidshare if nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Floying-Lotus-Earl-Sweatshirt-Between-Friends.jpg

^click to hear it, shit is so good. i woudln'tve thought OddFuture (especially Earl) would go that well over Flying Lotus, shit's like a jazz-hop beat and it just goes.

first up, friend of mine shopped some shit i had to share:

rrquF.png

...so wrong. for real though, Life is Good is Nas' best since Stillmatic, don't sleep if you're a fan!

next up though, some mindblowing collabo shit for me:

goodmusiccover620.jpg

goodmusic10.jpg

goodmusic13.jpg

goodmusic9.jpg

goodmusic7.jpg

goodmusic5.jpg

tumblr_m7mfhxXxVm1qabwaco1_500.gif

yeah, i really hope Big Sean is there holding someone's weed, personally. anyway, full article's here, single drops August 7th (!) with Cruel Summer coming sept 4th.

ps

• Upvote 1

Snoop Dogg no more. Rise, Snoop Lion!

Snoop Dogg wants you to know that he's tired of hip-hop, is Bob Marley reincarnated and is embracing reggae instead of the culture of guns he once rapped about. Also, he's got a new name: Snoop Lion.

The artist said at a news conference Monday in New York that he was "born again" during a visit to Jamaica in February and is ready to make music that his "kids and grandparents can listen to."

The former gangster rapper is releasing a reggae album called "Reincarnated" in the fall. He said that in Jamaica, he connected with Bob Marley's spirit and is now "Bob Marley reincarnated."

. . .

The album was produced by Diplo and will feature Snoop singing. It will be released on Vice Records....The album will be followed with a documentary of the same name, also produced by Vice....and a coffee table book.

^yeah, local radio was already clowning on it. i just hope he finds something he wants to put effort into, he's been on autopilot for over a decade now, but at least he's enjoying himself.

i love Substantial from his work with Hydeout/Nujabes, so this was really cool. also...

tumblr_m807ouEDnT1r4it95o1_500.jpg